ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how to get a passport

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

carocmoi
Newly Registered

how to get a passport

Post by carocmoi » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:46 pm

hi,

i am French and live in the UK and in Jan09 my husband who is Russian and I we have sent a EEA2 application. So far we havent received anything and my husband went to Croydon one month ago and was told it can take more than a year to get the residentpermit!!

the problem is that i have to go to France and back and I havent got any other ID, mine was out of date so I had to ask for a new one and it takes more than 3 mont...

my question is : can i ask them to give my passport back for like one month? if yes does that mean it will cancel or delay my husband application?

anybody knows how to make it faster?? any advice?

we have had a baby 3 months ago and we cannot even travel to introduce him to our families I am just disgusted, at least they could send me back my passport why do they need it for so long!!!???

thanks in advance for any advice

caroline

Eric-Poole

Travelling during EEA process

Post by Eric-Poole » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:29 am

Here is a copy of the letter that we received fom UKBA as I recalled my wife passport for Christmas last year:
"Dear Sir,

Your documents are being returned to enable you to travel.

Family members of an EEA national, who are not themselves EEA nationals, wishing to return to the United-Kingdom, should apply for an EEA family permit at a British diplomatic post abroad before returning to this country. An EEA family permit is issued free of charge and on a priority basis.

It should be noted that any such application would need to be supported by evidence to show that the EEA national in the United -Kingdom is exercising Treaty rights and that the relationship is claimed.

Please do not return your passport to the Home Office until it has been requested by a caseworker"

Based on this letter, we decided that it was not worth travelling on the uncertainty that we could return back particularly if their Diplomatic Posts are as inefficient as UKBA and take month to issue the paperwork. I returned my wife's passport immediately. It is a joke that UKBA is asking you to prove that the EEA national is exercising treaty rights when are in possession of all of the evidence (P60, marriage certificate and other official papers, all originals.

Others have tried and sucessfully returned by showing the COA at customs. However if you get an knee cap customs officer, you may be for some trouble.

Also note that the French Consulate won't issue a Visa unless you have 6 months residency left on your passport (Schnegen rule). This means that you may be able to go to Russia, but probably not to France.

J'espere que cela aidera.

Cheers. Eric

carocmoi
Newly Registered

Post by carocmoi » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:46 pm

Thanks Eric, can I ask you how long did it take to receive the passport? I guess I'll just ask it before travelling and will send it back afterwards... but we havent received the letter of confirmation we have absolutely nothing!! Do you think if i take my passport it will delay anything?
caroline