ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

should i apply for EEA2 or FLR(M) and correct me if im wrong

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tanveer930

should i apply for EEA2 or FLR(M) and correct me if im wrong

Post by tanveer930 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:51 pm

Hi friends

Me (Student Visa-Non EU) and my Girlfriend (EU) are getting married soon and as per my understanding by reading through this forum i think i need to do the following.

1. Apply for a COA (if someone can help me what documents i need to send with the application that would be very kind of u)

2. Give Notice to Registrar for marriage and get a license. (What is it and how things work with it if someone can explain please).

3. Take the license to a registered and Approved Place like A Mosque (some mosque do the religious ceromony and also register a civil marriage or a church. (any TIPS)

4. Get the Marriage Certificate and Apply for FLR (M) or EEA2 i am very confused here that what do i need to do here and what type of Visa should i apply.

My Girl friend is here for about 7 years and working full-time never bin on benefits and i am here for about 2 and half years and in my final semester of MBA from a very Good University.

- there is an age difference between me and my girlfriend of 8 years is it going to be a problem?

- I have one year Visa left.

- we dont live on the same address but we'll be moving together soon.

Pleas guide me here.

Regards.

noble72uk
- thin ice -

Re: should i apply for EEA2 or FLR(M) and correct me if im w

Post by noble72uk » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:35 pm

tanveer930 wrote:Hi friends

Me (Student Visa-Non EU) and my Girlfriend (EU) are getting married soon and as per my understanding by reading through this forum i think i need to do the following.

1. Apply for a COA (if someone can help me what documents i need to send with the application that would be very kind of u)

2. Give Notice to Registrar for marriage and get a license. (What is it and how things work with it if someone can explain please).

3. Take the license to a registered and Approved Place like A Mosque (some mosque do the religious ceromony and also register a civil marriage or a church. (any TIPS)

4. Get the Marriage Certificate and Apply for FLR (M) or EEA2 i am very confused here that what do i need to do here and what type of Visa should i apply.

My Girl friend is here for about 7 years and working full-time never bin on benefits and i am here for about 2 and half years and in my final semester of MBA from a very Good University.

- there is an age difference between me and my girlfriend of 8 years is it going to be a problem?

Pleas guide me here.

Regards.

Hi There

My advice is that you are qualifying for EEA2 under Directive EU2004/38/EC.
What to do:

1st to move and stay in the same property with your partner.
2nd Apply for a COA
3rd Take the authorisation to a registered office to celebrate a marriage you can get married in A(Mosque or Church) whenever you want after receiving the COA.

Apply for EEA2 (5 years residency)

After 5 years of residence under qualifications of course you can apply for a confirmation of permanent residence

All the Best

Nono

tanveer930

Post by tanveer930 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:19 pm

noble72uk wrote:
tanveer930 wrote:Hi friends

Pleas guide me here.

Regards.

Hi There

My advice is that you are qualifying for EEA2 under Directive EU2004/38/EC.
What to do:

1st to move and stay in the same property with your partner.
2nd Apply for a COA
3rd Take the authorisation to a registered office to celebrate a marriage you can get married in A(Mosque or Church) whenever you want after receiving the COA.

Apply for EEA2 (5 years residency)

After 5 years of residence under qualifications of course you can apply for a confirmation of permanent residence

All the Best

Nono
Thank you Nono for this useful information.

So if i apply for EEA2... how much is the fee and what is the difference between EEA2 and FLR(M) application. which one is better. and usually how long the application takes?

and how can my gf obtain a permanent residence and what are its advantages to her and me.

Regards

noble72uk
- thin ice -

Post by noble72uk » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:57 pm

Hi

EEA2: is for European and their family, to register in the immigration rules they will be given a permit residence for a period of 5 years. The EEA will have a card of 5 years and the non EEA who is family member of an EEA will get the 5 years residence permit stamped on the passport

After living continuously 5 years you need to apply for a permanent residence called EEA4 for your self and EEA3 for your European partner.

The advantage:

All (EAA) applications are Free and you don’t need a solicitor to apply.
Once you will receive your 5 years residence on your passport when you travel to the EU Schengen states you don’t need a visa to go just buy your ticket and need to carry you marriage certificate and accompanied with your EEA partner.
You can check now if you want:
Example: Italian consulate visa information

These days most of the consulates are advertising that for the non EU who are partner of an EU and have the new residence card stamped on their passport they don not need a visa to enter country.

These directives are EU law not UK law.

tanveer930

Post by tanveer930 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:24 pm

noble72uk wrote:Hi

EEA2: is for European and their family, to register in the immigration rules they will be given a permit residence for a period of 5 years. The EEA will have a card of 5 years and the non EEA who is family member of an EEA will get the 5 years residence permit stamped on the passport

After living continuously 5 years you need to apply for a permanent residence called EEA4 for your self and EEA3 for your European partner.

The advantage:

All (EAA) applications are Free and you don’t need a solicitor to apply.
Once you will receive your 5 years residence on your passport when you travel to the EU Schengen states you don’t need a visa to go just buy your ticket and need to carry you marriage certificate and accompanied with your EEA partner.
You can check now if you want:
Example: Italian consulate visa information

These days most of the consulates are advertising that for the non EU who are partner of an EU and have the new residence card stamped on their passport they don not need a visa to enter country.

These directives are EU law not UK law.
Thanks this is very valuable information. Bless you

So with this EEA permit i will be able to work in UK and exercise rights as any other EU national.

What if during this 5 year period my GF will apply for indefinite and then citizenship will this help me too?

and what are the benefits of FLR(M) Visa and what do i and my partner need to do to get it. If its worth ..

Thanks again :)

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:36 am

Tan - you apply for EEA 2 not a EEA family permit the family permit is when you apply from a British Embassy abroad to travel to the UK and it is only valid for 6 months, the EEA2 is valid for 5 years and you will have the same rights as your spouse!

You will have to apply for a CoA, I think.... have a read of this read this