ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Earning Points

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pranjam

Tier 1 Earning Points

Post by pranjam » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:45 am

Hi
I have a small query regarding the Tier1 earning points criteria. I am about to apply for my extension in a few months and am falling short of the required points by a few grands. If I ask my company for a an early bonus and show it as part of my earnings would it create a problem for my application. Generally we get a bonus in March and I will make a request to have it in Jan but will it be considered by the case worker ?

Any ideas from anyone how such cases are handled by the home office. Do they care if a salary advance/bonus has been taken to meet the criteria or is it straight forward as long as you get the earnings they do not care.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1 Earning Points

Post by gotcha » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:06 am

pranjam wrote:Hi
I have a small query regarding the Tier1 earning points criteria. I am about to apply for my extension in a few months and am falling short of the required points by a few grands. If I ask my company for a an early bonus and show it as part of my earnings would it create a problem for my application. Generally we get a bonus in March and I will make a request to have it in Jan but will it be considered by the case worker ?

Any ideas from anyone how such cases are handled by the home office. Do they care if a salary advance/bonus has been taken to meet the criteria or is it straight forward as long as you get the earnings they do not care.
As long as, that amount mentioned in salary slip and reflected in bank account, it doesn't matter.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:29 am

It doesnt matter when the bonus or salary is given.. so if your employer is kind enough and understands your situation and gives the bonus in Jan go for it and again as mentioned by gotca.. make sure it is mentioned in ur pay slip in the month it is paid..

i used bonus amt in deposited in Dec during my application.. to gain more points..

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:59 pm

I endorse the comments of tvn and got..

pranjam

Post by pranjam » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:47 pm

thanks a lot guys phew a big burden off my back

Now the small matter of convincing my company to give me that bonus which they should otherwise they will have to pay the consultants again to hire someone else