ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSBC UK experience for statement and letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anishpadela

HSBC UK experience for statement and letter

Post by anishpadela » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:12 pm

Guys

Was going through some posts and found HSBC UK does not give proper bank statements which can cause some problem to prove maintenance funds like they done stamp and sign the statement etc...

Also they dont give letter which can be used for maintanance funds at ease....takes real effort to convince them to get that sort of things....

I came to know the chetanojha had similar experiences and had to put in lot of efforts to get both of them....also want to know from him which option he used while online banking to request for statement....

I am still to move funds to UK from India to make up for maintanance funds and if there are many problems with HSBC Uk, will keep money in India and try to get statement from there....

Pls guide.

Rgds
Anis

gordon

Re: HSBC UK experience for statement and letter

Post by gordon » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:12 am

My experience with HSBC here in the UK: I rang the helpline and requested paper statements, which I received in the post two business days later. Doing this obviated the need for a stamp on online statement print-outs and a letter from the bank manager.
anishpadela wrote:Guys

Was going through some posts and found HSBC UK does not give proper bank statements which can cause some problem to prove maintenance funds like they done stamp and sign the statement etc...

Also they dont give letter which can be used for maintanance funds at ease....takes real effort to convince them to get that sort of things....

I came to know the chetanojha had similar experiences and had to put in lot of efforts to get both of them....also want to know from him which option he used while online banking to request for statement....

I am still to move funds to UK from India to make up for maintanance funds and if there are many problems with HSBC Uk, will keep money in India and try to get statement from there....

Pls guide.

Rgds
Anis

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:12 am

Was going through some posts and found HSBC UK does not give proper bank statements which can cause some problem to prove maintenance funds like they done stamp and sign the statement etc... HSBC does give proper statements. It's just a matter of how they give it. For some accounts e.g. Online Saver they provide in 3 months whereas for current account they send every month.

I used both i.e. Bank Statement (stamped and not signed)+Letter from HSBC . I received letter from HSBC confirming that combined sum of my current account and online saver account has never went below the reqd. amount.Yes, it is still pain to get statements from HSBC especially if you are under strict timelines.Really had to fight my way through to get stamp on the statement. The reason for that is, some branches doesn't provide stamp(no matter how hard you fight) and some branches provide quite easily(which I didn't knew) e.g. Croydon Wellesley Road Branch.

I am still to move funds to UK from India to make up for maintanance funds and if there are many problems with HSBC Uk, will keep money in India and try to get statement from there....If you have funds in India, why you are moving it to UK. Cannot you not claim maintenance funds on it? By moving funds to UK, you may loose money in conversion.

Pls guide. Best way to get statements+letter from HSBC is to give yourself good amount of time. As HSBC responded very slow in my case. Besides, there is difference in understanding on the procedures around providing letter. You just have to keep yourself calm. :-)

Rgds
Anis

anishpadela

Post by anishpadela » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:53 pm

chetanojha wrote:

Was going through some posts and found HSBC UK does not give proper bank statements which can cause some problem to prove maintenance funds like they done stamp and sign the statement etc... HSBC does give proper statements. It's just a matter of how they give it. For some accounts e.g. Online Saver they provide in 3 months whereas for current account they send every month.

I used both i.e. Bank Statement (stamped and not signed)+Letter from HSBC . I received letter from HSBC confirming that combined sum of my current account and online saver account has never went below the reqd. amount.Yes, it is still pain to get statements from HSBC especially if you are under strict timelines.Really had to fight my way through to get stamp on the statement. The reason for that is, some branches doesn't provide stamp(no matter how hard you fight) and some branches provide quite easily(which I didn't knew) e.g. Croydon Wellesley Road Branch.

I am still to move funds to UK from India to make up for maintanance funds and if there are many problems with HSBC Uk, will keep money in India and try to get statement from there....If you have funds in India, why you are moving it to UK. Cannot you not claim maintenance funds on it? By moving funds to UK, you may loose money in conversion.

Pls guide. Best way to get statements+letter from HSBC is to give yourself good amount of time. As HSBC responded very slow in my case. Besides, there is difference in understanding on the procedures around providing letter. You just have to keep yourself calm. :-)

Rgds
Anis
Yes HSBC gives statment printed on its letter head but they are not as good as you get from other banks in India.....they dont have address, they dont have account no. printed as account no. but printed as Product and are moer like online statement.....yes the printed statements which they send by post are good enough probably as I have not seen but the customer service reps claim they are very much as per our requirement....but they can not be from dates which we request....so this is challenge...

Anycase, I have made up my mind to keep my funds in India and add some delta to make up and take statement and letter both from there...as it is quite easy and I have old statement and letter which I could use to send any of my friend to get those the way we want and use them....

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:11 pm

anishpadela wrote:....but they can not be from dates which we request....so this is challenge...
You can get statement from the date you need. The only thing is you will get statement of the complete period covering the date you may need.

erpfresh

Post by erpfresh » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:36 pm

Hi Guys,

I also have an account in HSBC, they are also creating bit of problem when I requested them statements for maintenance funds.

I requested flexi-saver account statement and they said they have changed policy(previously they issued original statements every 3 months) and now they have asked to wait for 6 months to get a Original statement, is it really true or the lady just replied saying so.

Secondly , can I print the statement in the bank(which Contains LOGO) and then ask them to sign and stamp. will this be accepted by the HO or is it also required to request a letter too.

Finally, on the current account statements ,it was written as DUPLICATE STATEMENT. Is this OK(contains BANK logo on each page)

Please share any experiences and solutions ,if any.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:38 pm

erpfresh wrote:Hi Guys,

I also have an account in HSBC, they are also creating bit of problem when I requested them statements for maintenance funds.

I requested flexi-saver account statement and they said they have changed policy(previously they issued original statements every 3 months) and now they have asked to wait for 6 months to get a Original statement, is it really true or the lady just replied saying so. If you have online internet banking facility, just raise a request with the format of letter as mentioned above.If you cannot get statement you will be able to get letter from bank.

Secondly , can I print the statement in the bank(which Contains LOGO) and then ask them to sign and stamp. will this be accepted by the HO or is it also required to request a letter too. Yes they are.

Finally, on the current account statements ,it was written as DUPLICATE STATEMENT. Is this OK(contains BANK logo on each page) Yes.

Please share any experiences and solutions ,if any.

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:27 am

Folks,

Here is my recent experience with HSBC:

1. I receive monthly statements in post for my Current Account and Flexi Saver Account. These are on the usual bank stationary and are accepted by HO as I had got my initial HSMP on basis of these bank statements.
2. I also have an Online Saver Account however I do not get any paper statements for this account. However I placed a request for a letter confirming my balance for both Current Account and Online Saver Account never fell below xxx over the last 3 months. I received the letter in post and have sent it for my Tier-1 extension last week.
Regards,
crowbar6