ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sweet prenses
Newly Registered

Please help!!

Post by sweet prenses » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:00 pm

Hello everyone,

I attended my appeal at the AIT the 1st of May.The decision was made on 27th of May by the AIT in my favour, which was delivered by post on the 29th. The Home Office did not challenge the decision.

So, it is now already the 15th of July and still nothing from the Home Office. What should I do? Is there a way to speed up the process? Which number should I call?

Im quite concerned now loosing even more time...

Your help would be much appreciated!

vinata

Post by vinata » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:29 pm

You received a decision from the court on 29th May and the HO still had 5 working days to challenge it. Therefore, your real waiting time started only on 8th June. It has been 6 weeks since then, which is not long at all.

My solicitor adviced me to wait for at least 8 weeks before attempting to contact the HO and make any quiries. If you wait for another 2 weeks and still receive nothing, then you can contact the HO general customer services helpline and ask them to provide you with a fax number where you could send your complaint to.

As you know it is a summer out there at the moment, and lots of ppl are on their holidays. Therefore, delays are possible. But keep positive, you should receive your letter soon.

wait
- thin ice -

Post by wait » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:08 am

u shud wait till the end of this month or even till 10 august and if u have not received anything then u can contact the ho or ait but at the moment wait is the best option for u

sweet prenses
Newly Registered

Still not hear HO..What should do the next?

Post by sweet prenses » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:47 pm

Hi everybody,

I really appreciate your help and answers here! I have still 2 problems, though...

After having my appeal allowed, Im still waiting for the HO to ask for my passport. I dont want to just wait now and calling doesnt work either. To whom can I send a letter to speed up the process?

I have been charged £400 even though that is not required for my country. I want to try to get the money back. Should I a) keep it separate from problem 1, b) file a complaint and c) to which adress?

This is all quite confusing and any ideas would be great.

FYI:
In respect of an appeal - it can be won without lawyer, if you are well prepared with a good court files with new evidence proofing exactly the points as to why the HO initially rejected the visa application. Otherwise, I would say, it is probably making not too much sense. Be prepared, get a witness and behave well :-)

Sweet prenses

ash786
BANNED

Re: Still not hear HO..What should do the next?

Post by ash786 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:13 pm

sweet prenses wrote:Hi everybody,

I really appreciate your help and answers here! I have still 2 problems, though...

After having my appeal allowed, Im still waiting for the HO to ask for my passport. I dont want to just wait now and calling doesnt work either. To whom can I send a letter to speed up the process?

I have been charged £400 even though that is not required for my country. I want to try to get the money back. Should I a) keep it separate from problem 1, b) file a complaint and c) to which adress?

This is all quite confusing and any ideas would be great.

FYI:
In respect of an appeal - it can be won without lawyer, if you are well prepared with a good court files with new evidence proofing exactly the points as to why the HO initially rejected the visa application. Otherwise, I would say, it is probably making not too much sense. Be prepared, get a witness and behave well :-)

Sweet prenses
1. After u won the appeal, the normal waiting time is couple of months.
2. The only thing u can do is to write a letter to AIT and HO to process u application quickly (HO wud not start the process until the normal consideration time has passed).
3. According to the guidence there is no fee exemption for PSW so which country r u from and on wat basis u r saying that u r exempt.

cheryl99

Post by cheryl99 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:30 am

You should wait at least 6-8 weeks, my appeal was allowed on the 28th of May, and I received the call letter a month later, and the visa 2 weeks after that, though they say up to 6 weeks. Your solicitors should be helping you in chasing up HO to issue you a visa, they have the contacts within the HO and the know how of that process.