ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LEAVE TO REMAIN WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE ????????????

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

henny penny
Newly Registered

LEAVE TO REMAIN WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE ????????????

Post by henny penny » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:23 pm

HI I WONDER IF I CAN GET SOME ADVICE ON A URGENT MATTER, IT HAS BEEN BOUGHT TO MY ATTENTION THAT I HAVE LEAVE TO REMAIN FOR 5 YEARS. I AM VERY CONFUSED ABOUT THIS AS I HAVE OVERSTAYERD IN THE COUNTRY BY 8 YEARS AS SOME OF YOU MAY HAVE READ IN MY PREVIOUS POSTS. THE REASON FOR MY CONFUSION IS BECAUSE I AM TOTALLY UNAWARE THAT I HAVE LEAVE TO REMAIN. APPARENTYLY THE MOTHER OF MY CHILD HAS APPLIED FOR THIS BEHIND MY BACK WHEN SHE RECEIVED HER INDEFINATE LEAVE TO REMAIN IN JAN O8. MY SON WILL BE 4 THIS SEPTEMBER AND HAS JUST BECOME NATURLISED AS A BRITISH CITIZEN. I HAVE BEEN GOING BACKWARD AND FORWARD TO AN AGENCY THAT DEALS WITH THE PAPERWORK FOR NATURLISATION. WHILST AT THIS AGENCY I SIGNED MANY FORMS AND WAS ASKED LOADS OF QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW LONG I' VE BEEN IN ENGLAND, WHEN I ARRIVED, MY PARENTS NAMES, MY OCCUPATION, AND HOW LONG SINCE THE MOTHER OF MY CHILD AND I HAVE BEEN LIVING TOGETHER AS FAMILY UNIT. I SIGNED ALL THESE PAPERS SO THAT MY SON COULD GET HIS PAPERS SORTED, BUT I DIDNT ASK TOO MANY QUESTIONS BECAUSE OF MY OWN STATUS I JUST WANTED TO DO RIGHT BY MY SON. THE MOTHER OF MY CHILD AND I ARE NO LONGER TOGETHER AND IT WAS A CLOSE FRIEND THAT TOLD ME THAT I HAVE LEAVE TO REMAIN IN GRT BRITAIN UNTIL 2014. I HAVE TOLD HER THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE AS I DO NOT HAVE A PASSPORT IT WAS KEPT BY THE IMMIGRATION AT THE AIRPORT ON THE PREMISE THAT I RETURNED TO THE AIRPORT 24HRS LATER TO BOARD A FLIGHT BACK TO JAMIACA WHICH I NEVER DID, BUT SHE SAYS SHE HAS SEEN IT WITH HER EYES. I HAVE ASKED THE MOTHER OF MY CHILD AND SHE DENIES IT. HAVING SAID THAT MY BIRTH CIRT HAS GONE MISSING ALONG WITH MY ID PASS OF WHERE I USED TO WORK. THIS IS CONFUSING I HOPE THIS MAKES SENSE. CAN SOMEONE HELP PLEASE

THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE
HENNY PENNY

parvus1202

Post by parvus1202 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:57 pm

First of, no typing in all caps. We don't that here. Second, the two people who can answer your question are your ex and the Home Office. If your ex said no, then go to HO. If they said no then you don't have it, if they said yes then you have it. Since you said your ex has ILR then it is her who could do something for your son.

henny penny
Newly Registered

ILR without knowing ???

Post by henny penny » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:54 pm

sorry about writing in caps i forgot to take off the cap locks once i started writing i just carried on. i didnt realise it was a no no. thanks for your advice it makes sense what you are saying. as you said the mother of my child is the one who can help my son because she has ILR that's why i couldn't understand why i had to sign papers on behalf of my son becsuse i cannot help him

thanx

flo rida
Newly Registered

leave to remain without my knowledge

Post by flo rida » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:59 pm

i'm a bit confused. what advice do u need? it seems to me that although u r an overstayer, your ex sorted your status, to enable u to continue being a part of your son's life, and UKBA approved this. as you know, they can be sympathetic where children r involved.

henny penny
Newly Registered

Post by henny penny » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:37 am

hi flo rida im confused about whether or not i could have leave to remain without knowing about it, the mother of my child denies this and says i'm crazy. the advise that i wanted was about if this could actually be the case and how to go about finding out what my status in the country is. i was unaware that someone could apply for status on my behalf without my knowledge

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:46 pm

nice bollywood story

anyhow if leave is there than enjoy it , u had broken law in past and by 2014 u will eligible for ilr on basis of 14 year rule

long live queen