ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Only visa is there in the passport.... No letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

greets

Only visa is there in the passport.... No letter

Post by greets » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:00 am

Hi all,

I got visa for Tier 1 G Migrant on my passport but I didn't receive any letter from the UKBA. And also I got all the documents provided. Is it their usual way of granting visas??

Regards,

GREETS

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Only visa is there in the passport.... No letter

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:26 am

greets wrote:Hi all,

I got visa for Tier 1 G Migrant on my passport but I didn't receive any letter from the UKBA. And also I got all the documents provided. Is it their usual way of granting visas??

Regards,

GREETS
Did you apply on your own or did u use any solicitors to help you on ur application? just thinking if it is later case.. they might have got it but forgot to send u?? maybe??

greets

Post by greets » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:27 am

I applied myself and not from any solicitor.

Thanx

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:38 am

greets wrote:I applied myself and not from any solicitor.

Thanx
Greets..

I wont mind it as long as all the details on my visa in my passport are correct but apart from that you can call/ or better send an email to HO customercare for verifying why it was not sent (maybe they forgot to attach it) and could they send it to you? use ur reference no.. they can do that by RD.. give it a go..

anishpadela

Post by anishpadela » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:59 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
greets wrote:I applied myself and not from any solicitor.

Thanx
Greets..

I wont mind it as long as all the details on my visa in my passport are correct but apart from that you can call/ or better send an email to HO customercare for verifying why it was not sent (maybe they forgot to attach it) and could they send it to you? use ur reference no.. they can do that by RD.. give it a go..
Do they really send the letter....well I also did not receive any letter just a passport with visa and original docs....isn't it normal?

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:02 pm

You should have received that letter.

I think, UKBA personal has forgotten to post you one.

Write back to them via email and post and tell the same. They will send you one by post...definately.

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jedi001 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:39 pm

rizwan567 wrote:You should have received that letter.

I think, UKBA personal has forgotten to post you one.

Write back to them via email and post and tell the same. They will send you one by post...definately.
I dont think we receive any letter with Tier 1, i guess the letter used to come with HSMP (as it was a two step process) not Tier1. Senior members can correct me if I am wrong.

Even I did not receive any letter from UKBA.
Jedi001

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:46 pm

Jedi001 wrote:I dont think we receive any letter with Tier 1, i guess the letter used to come with HSMP (as it was a two step process) not Tier1. Senior members can correct me if I am wrong.

Jedi.. my Tier1(G) visa as grated later than u in March and

i received letter in the name of each applicant (me n my dependents) though it just says congrats ur visa is approved... details of wat points have been granted and asks to check all details or correct and inform them back if there is any change of circusmstances at our end..

It might be just that they forgot to attach or they might have changed the process (as it requires lots of typing??? :P)

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Post by confusedhsmp » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:29 pm

As far as I am aware, in person applicants dont get it. Are you 1?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:46 pm

@Greets:

checking ur previous posts understood that you applied from Outside UK, The Letter formality, Process and contents described are for extensions/applications Within UK; so sorry if i confused u;

@Jedi.. its my mistake.. i misread you also as Incountry application..

So as per Jeddi.. Greets, applications from outside UK may not get letter along with it..

hope it is clear now..

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jedi001 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:47 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
Jedi001 wrote:I dont think we receive any letter with Tier 1, i guess the letter used to come with HSMP (as it was a two step process) not Tier1. Senior members can correct me if I am wrong.

Jedi.. my Tier1(G) visa as grated later than u in March and

i received letter in the name of each applicant (me n my dependents) though it just says congrats ur visa is approved... details of wat points have been granted and asks to check all details or correct and inform them back if there is any change of circusmstances at our end..

It might be just that they forgot to attach or they might have changed the process (as it requires lots of typing??? :P)
I am not sure as I applied only for myself and not for my dependants initially. Not sure whether I can check with UKBA about the letter now or not.
Jedi001

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jedi001 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:48 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:@Greets:

checking ur previous posts understood that you applied from Outside UK, The Letter formality, Process and contents described are for extensions/applications Within UK; so sorry if i confused u;

@Jedi.. its my mistake.. i misread you also as Incountry application..

So as per Jeddi.. Greets, applications from outside UK may not get letter along with it..

hope it is clear now..
Perfect...
Jedi001

republique
BANNED

Re: Only visa is there in the passport.... No letter

Post by republique » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:25 pm

greets wrote:Hi all,

Regards,

GREETS
You dont need the letter if you have the visa in the passport
it is just good to have for your records as a backup.