ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW Dependent visa( Main applicant and spouse outside U.K)

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nikitasha8

PSW Dependent visa( Main applicant and spouse outside U.K)

Post by nikitasha8 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:24 pm

Hi All,

I have won appeal for my PSW visa...so if I am not wrong I will have to wait for call-in latter to get my passport stamped. My marraige has been fixed in Decermber this year and I will be going to India. Can someone tell me what will be the procedure to apply for dependent after my marraige from India and from U.k as well. Will it be better for me to come back from India and then apply for my husband's dependent or from India. What papers and balance is required to show in both cases?

Many Thanks in advance

ammeck09

Re: PSW Dependent visa( Main applicant and spouse outside U.

Post by ammeck09 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:35 am

nikitasha8 wrote:Hi All,

I have won appeal for my PSW visa...so if I am not wrong I will have to wait for call-in latter to get my passport stamped. My marraige has been fixed in Decermber this year and I will be going to India. Can someone tell me what will be the procedure to apply for dependent after my marraige from India and from U.k as well. Will it be better for me to come back from India and then apply for my husband's dependent or from India. What papers and balance is required to show in both cases?

Many Thanks in advance
You can't apply for your husband's visa in the UK. You have to sent everything to him to apply for it in India. Checking this site will help: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... lications/

nikitasha8

Post by nikitasha8 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:22 pm

yes I do understand that i will have to send everything to India...but what if I am myself in India at that time...is tis possible for him to apply for dependent when I am in india...itr just because i will be going there for my marraige in december and will only come back if he gets dependent visa...so now tell me can he apply for dependent visa even if i am in india....

nilan
Newly Registered

Post by nilan » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:30 pm

The rule says that your husband need to file his dependant application from India, it does not matter if "you" are in UK or in India since you have already got your PSW Visa