ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW appeal help

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hope 09
Newly Registered

PSW appeal help

Post by Hope 09 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:23 pm

I have recently been refused PSW from IGS on the basis that I did not show the required £1600 (me & my spouse) and also that the last copy my bank statement was internet one. I did seek legal advice and was told that I'll not win the case as I only had £800. I currently have £1900 in my savings but the solicitor told me that it will not be accepted. Can I use overseas bank statements and also if my appeal is refused can I apply for an out of time application to sit for CIMA exams in Nov. Please advise!

Thanks

H.

ash786
BANNED

Re: PSW appeal help

Post by ash786 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:34 pm

Hope 09 wrote:I have recently been refused PSW from IGS on the basis that I did not show the required £1600 (me & my spouse) and also that the last copy my bank statement was internet one. I did seek legal advice and was told that I'll not win the case as I only had £800. I currently have £1900 in my savings but the solicitor told me that it will not be accepted. Can I use overseas bank statements and also if my appeal is refused can I apply for an out of time application to sit for CIMA exams in Nov. Please advise!

Thanks

H.
1. U application was refused on valid reasons (Not having the required amount for you and u spouse).

2. The second mistake u made is to submit a internet statement (There are requiremnts for internet statements like stamped, signed and a bank letter to prove they are genuine)

3. There is no chance for winning the appeal as it was a correct refusal with valid reason to refuse the application.

4. The legal advice u took was correct.

5. U r not allowed to introduce any new evidence and evidence outside that period (same as u first application) will not be accepted by AIT.

6. The only way u can try is to submit (if u have another account) statements but they have to be for the same period which was for u a first application and not outside that period.

7. If u wana use other account it needs to be under u name or a joint account with u name on it.

8. I will be very surprised that u were expecting that HO will give u the visa where maintenance was less than required.

I am sorry to say but u have given HO valid reasons to refuse the application (U shud have checked that the amount you need plus read the guidence related to internet statements)

vinata

Post by vinata » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:12 am

Have a look at this link.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=43213

If you had an overdraft fasility on your account and it was large enough, you can win this case.

You can also try to attach your partner's statemets, as he/she submitted a separate application and could have submitted own bank statements as well.

Go to a few other solicitors. Speak to them. Someone might be able to help you. Don't loose any hope.

Hope 09
Newly Registered

Post by Hope 09 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:23 pm

Thanks for ur advice. Can I use my foreigh bank statements for the same period which I did apply?

Thanks

H

vinata

Post by vinata » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:09 pm

Yes, you can show your foreign account statement covering the same period as when you applied for the visa. You need to show you had £800 all the time and your spouse had £533 all the time (appendix E of immigration rules). The total could be a combination available instantly to you from various bank accounts including those from abroad.

ammeck09

Re: PSW appeal help

Post by ammeck09 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:42 am

Hope 09 wrote:I have recently been refused PSW from IGS on the basis that I did not show the required £1600 (me & my spouse) and also that the last copy my bank statement was internet one. I did seek legal advice and was told that I'll not win the case as I only had £800. I currently have £1900 in my savings but the solicitor told me that it will not be accepted. Can I use overseas bank statements and also if my appeal is refused can I apply for an out of time application to sit for CIMA exams in Nov. Please advise!

Thanks

H.
Where did you made your application? I'm asking this question because of the £1,600 you quoted above. If you and your wife have been here for over 1 year, then you need £1,333 (i.e. £800+£533). If your wife has been here for less than a year, you will need £2,400 (i.e. £800+£1,600).

Hope 09
Newly Registered

Post by Hope 09 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:20 pm

Hi

We have been here 7 years.

Thanks

Hope 09
Newly Registered

Post by Hope 09 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:27 pm

Hi

We have been here 7 years.

Thanks

Hope 09
Newly Registered

Post by Hope 09 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:35 pm

Hi Vinata

Could you please provide me with a link regarding using foreigh bank accounts as I can't find it. I need to tead and have more information when before sending it.

Thanks

H

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:15 pm

Hope 09 wrote:Hi Vinata

Could you please provide me with a link regarding using foreigh bank accounts as I can't find it. I need to tead and have more information when before sending it.

Thanks

H
PSW guidence had got all the information for using foreign bank accounts.

feyik
Newly Registered

Post by feyik » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:30 am

Hi,

If you have another bank account either here in the UK or abroad that has the money you need to make up the shortfall, it will be acceptable provided it is for that same period.

I had the same problem earlier this year, i was short by 150pounds for my family and I and I got my statement back home for the same period and the judge accepted it and allowed my appeal.

All the best.