ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa to Italy

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lboro

Schengen visa to Italy

Post by lboro » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:36 pm

Does any one has applied for schengen visa to go to Italy recently and can answer the following questions...

1. How long does it take to get the appointment for the visa application.
2. How long it takes to get your visa and passport back after the appointment.

I have got a conference in Italy on 4th September and wonder if I can get a visa on time.

Thanks for your help

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Schengen visa to Italy

Post by Wanderer » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:15 am

lboro wrote:Does any one has applied for schengen visa to go to Italy recently and can answer the following questions...

1. How long does it take to get the appointment for the visa application.
2. How long it takes to get your visa and passport back after the appointment.

I have got a conference in Italy on 4th September and wonder if I can get a visa on time.

Thanks for your help
Recently my partner applied for one at the German consulate, took around three weeks, I'd imagine that for Italy it would be a long longer, it being a popular summer destination.

Have you tried the automated booking line?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

lboro

Post by lboro » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:26 pm

Wanderer wrote: Recently my partner applied for one at the German consulate, took around three weeks, I'd imagine that for Italy it would be a long longer, it being a popular summer destination.

Thanks Wanderer for your reply
Did you mean that it takes three weeks to get the appointment? or to get the visa?
I sent them an e-mail and will try to call them on Monday.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:58 pm

lboro wrote:
Wanderer wrote: Recently my partner applied for one at the German consulate, took around three weeks, I'd imagine that for Italy it would be a long longer, it being a popular summer destination.

Thanks Wanderer for your reply
Did you mean that it takes three weeks to get the appointment? or to get the visa?
I sent them an e-mail and will try to call them on Monday.
To be honest u will have to ring the booking line - will cost u £15 or so to make the call - £1 a minute!

Was three weeks all told for the gf, but it was Germany and she's had visas off them before, you're best ringing the line, u can hang up after seven quids worth if the first appointment available is three months away, like it can be in the holiday season.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:42 am

What nationality are you? As certain nationalities do take longer.

"Please note that for the Nationals of the following Countries the processing time will take 2 weeks: Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Colombia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Nigeria, Oman, Palestine, Pakistan, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Rwanda, Somalia, Suriname, Sudan, Syria, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam, Yemen. "

(From the website of the Italian consulate in Manchester)