ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Alternate To Signing Salary Slip

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

oz_to_uk
Newly Registered

Alternate To Signing Salary Slip

Post by oz_to_uk » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:51 am

Hi All,

I have been searching through this and other forum for finding any alternate to getting salary slip signed and stamped. Unfortunately, couldn't able find anything so far. I will continue searching.

In the meanwhile thought to ask here, can someone please advice are there any alternate to getting salary slip signed and stamped to show previous earning. I have some salary slip which I received by post but now I am receiving it online. However, there no difference it both.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Alternate To Signing Salary Slip

Post by ChetanOjha » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:13 am

oz_to_uk wrote:Hi All,

I have been searching through this and other forum for finding any alternate to getting salary slip signed and stamped. Unfortunately, couldn't able find anything so far. I will continue searching.

In the meanwhile thought to ask here, can someone please advice are there any alternate to getting salary slip signed and stamped to show previous earning. I have some salary slip which I received by post but now I am receiving it online. However, there no difference it both.
Get a letter from your employer explaing your gross and net salary of all the months your claiming points for.

oz_to_uk
Newly Registered

Post by oz_to_uk » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:18 am

Thanks for reply chetan. May be I wasn't very clear in my last post. Idea is not to involve employer as they willn't sign and stamp. I can only try by saying I need sign and stamp for loan. But, I am not sure if they will give or not.

Any other suggestion for me will be helpful.

chetanojha wrote:

Get a letter from your employer explaing your gross and net salary of all the months your claiming points for.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:23 am

oz_to_uk wrote:Thanks for reply chetan. May be I wasn't very clear in my last post. Idea is not to involve employer as they willn't sign and stamp. I can only try by saying I need sign and stamp for loan. But, I am not sure if they will give or not.

chetanojha wrote:

If employee want payslips signed and stamped by employer, employer "has" to provide it. You are free not to provide any reasons for that though sometime employer play dirty tactics to retains people.

You can ask a letter from your employer. You can get payslips signed and stamped too. Getting loan is a good excuse(all time favourite). Please note it is your right to ask for this details.

oz_to_uk
Newly Registered

Post by oz_to_uk » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:29 am

Thanks for reminding human/employee rights. I will definitely give a try. But you know it is hard to fight with your Indian employer for these things.

I still welcome thought/suggestion if any on alternate to salary slip attestation which will help to avoid any argument/fight with my employer and I can live in peace.

chetanojha wrote:
oz_to_uk wrote:Thanks for reply chetan. May be I wasn't very clear in my last post. Idea is not to involve employer as they willn't sign and stamp. I can only try by saying I need sign and stamp for loan. But, I am not sure if they will give or not.

chetanojha wrote:

If employee want payslips signed and stamped by employer, employer "has" to provide it. You are free not to provide any reasons for that though sometime employer play dirty tactics to retains people.

You can ask a letter from your employer. You can get payslips signed and stamped too. Getting loan is a good excuse(all time favourite). Please note it is your right to ask for this details.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:31 am

chetanojha wrote:If employee want payslips signed and stamped by employer, employer "has" to provide it. You are free not to provide any reasons for that though sometime employer play dirty tactics to retains people.

I wouldn't agree with that. Most of the employment contract state that the employee has to keep his remuneration details confidential. Employee does not have an absolute right to get a signed and stamped salary slip or any such letter.

Any excuse like "loan etc." may work but it is in the interest of the applicant to keep his employer informed as BHC/UKBA may try to contact them to verify the employment details.

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:25 pm

I agree with push_hsmp and it would be ideal if you disclose the reason to the Employer. However, having worked for an Indian IT company before, I know how paranoid they get when an Employee switches from WP to Tier-1. I had told my Employer that I need to take out a Mortgage and can't do so until I get the print-outs of the online payslips signed and stamped. Luckily they agreed to do so.
Regards,
crowbar6

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:49 pm

push_hsmp wrote:
chetanojha wrote:If employee want payslips signed and stamped by employer, employer "has" to provide it. You are free not to provide any reasons for that though sometime employer play dirty tactics to retains people.

I wouldn't agree with that. Most of the employment contract state that the employee has to keep his remuneration details confidential. Employee does not have an absolute right to get a signed and stamped salary slip or any such letter.

Any excuse like "loan etc." may work but it is in the interest of the applicant to keep his employer informed as BHC/UKBA may try to contact them to verify the employment details.
Yes agree that you need to keep good terms with your employer as HO may contact them for verification.But, your employer cannot provide incorrect/false information if asked by government agencies. Besides, as far as payslips etc are concerned, employer has to provide individual or detailed pay statement to employee. This link and this should help.

Besides, this loan excuse may not work all the time. I remember one of my ex-colleage in Indian IT firm. He asked for signed+stamped payslips and HR came back with a statement that "ask your bank loan manager to contact us and we will verify your earnings or will send the details directly to the bank", which was really tough situation.

oz_to_uk
Newly Registered

Post by oz_to_uk » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:13 pm

Guys, please advice is it okay to getting salary slip singed and stamped by someone junior or trainee in HR.

I understand it would be good if I managed to get sign by HR manager or some senior hr. But would like to know above.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:14 pm

oz_to_uk wrote:Guys, please advice is it okay to getting salary slip singed and stamped by someone junior or trainee in HR.

I understand it would be good if I managed to get sign by HR manager or some senior hr. But would like to know above.
Yes. As far as it is signed by your HR(junior or senior) it is fine. If you know that HR guys in person better to provide his contact details in your application to make sure he verify things quickly when asked by HO.

oz_to_uk
Newly Registered

Post by oz_to_uk » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:16 am

Thanks for response Chetan.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:54 pm

chetanojha wrote:Besides, as far as payslips etc are concerned, employer has to provide individual or detailed pay statement to employee. This link and this should help.
I said signed and stamped salary slips. It is an obligation of the employer to provide a salary slip and for that slip to have some information - no one is disputing that. Its the question about "signed and stamped" i.e. the format of pay slip which is not obligatory for the employer.
Last edited by push on Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:58 pm

chetanojha wrote:
oz_to_uk wrote:Guys, please advice is it okay to getting salary slip singed and stamped by someone junior or trainee in HR.

Yes. As far as it is signed by your HR(junior or senior) it is fine. If you know that HR guys in person better to provide his contact details in your application to make sure he verify things quickly when asked by HO.
As long as the person signing the document is authorised to do so as employer or on behalf of the employer, I dont see any problem.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

oz_to_uk
Newly Registered

Post by oz_to_uk » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:08 pm

Thanks push for confirmation.

I am thinking to ask HO if they can accept Statuary Decleration. I am not sure if they will reply specificaly or not. But, I will give a try.

PS: The link which I gave has less information. But it tell what is stat dec. I have used it for some other purpose for other visa.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:09 am

oz_to_uk wrote:Thanks push for confirmation.

I am thinking to ask HO if they can accept Statuary Decleration. I am not sure if they will reply specificaly or not. But, I will give a try.

PS: The link which I gave has less information. But it tell what is stat dec. I have used it for some other purpose for other visa.
Lets see what HO reverts with. In my opinion, based on my understanding of the rules, I can say that they would not accept any evidence (and in any format) other than those/that specified in the Guidance notes.

Good luck - keep us posted.