ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

*CCL* Test Case Determination is Out & Students Lost

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:02 pm

The person acting for the students was Mr I Macdonald QC. I cannot find another QC called I Macdonald apart from the following person.

Mr Ian Macdonald QC is one of the top immigration barristers in the UK, and the case was still lost for the so called students.

In fact he writes the immigration law reference book that even judges refer to.

http://www.gcnchambers.co.uk/gcn/barris ... cdonald_qc

He is also the president of the Immigration Law Practitioners' Association, and has been since 1984.

danish1981
BANNED

Post by danish1981 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:48 pm

so that letter means that after the lead case decision all the penading and fresh appeals will be rejected as they dont stand anywhere...plz correect me if i am wrong

linanayi
Newly Registered

Post by linanayi » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:52 pm

ccl test determination is out that's means we have to leave this country with in 28 days or we have to wait for the high court decision...

geoatleo

Post by geoatleo » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:04 pm

PaperPusher wrote:The person acting for the students was Mr I Macdonald QC. I cannot find another QC called I Macdonald apart from the following person.

Mr Ian Macdonald QC is one of the top immigration barristers in the UK, and the case was still lost for the so called students.

He is also the president of the Immigration Law Practitioners' Association, and has been since 1984.
i MacDonald cant do nothing on his own,barrister only presents the case in the court,
were students were totally nervous on 3rd june, no appropriate answers of the questions asked by HOPO, the case prepration for the lead case was way to much below standard,
me myself i am yet to be defated after 2 stages ,junior court and senior court,and high court has given stay on my case ,why ???they are double minded ,because my target was HO,all i did i tried to discredit them,and if given chance in high court i will do t again

picolla
- thin ice -

Post by picolla » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:22 pm

geoatleo wrote:
PaperPusher wrote:The person acting for the students was Mr I Macdonald QC. I cannot find another QC called I Macdonald apart from the following person.

i MacDonald cant do nothing on his own,barrister only presents the case in the court,
were students were totally nervous on 3rd june, no appropriate answers of the questions asked by HOPO, the case prepration for the lead case was way to much below standard,
me myself i am yet to be defated after 2 stages ,junior court and senior court,and high court has given stay on my case ,why ???they are double minded ,because my target was HO,all i did i tried to discredit them,and if given chance in high court i will do t again
hi all
after long time. Thanks to all who are updating.
geoatleo , did you win the case two times? I assume you won. Then why have u been to high court?
myself lost two times. and appealed to high court. it's been two months. no response.
thanks.

prince.07

CCL Decision

Post by prince.07 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:29 am

The issue of deception is of great consequences. Why not sort out this aspect fast.

The certificate was issue to the student by authorised and appoved body {Listed body} which exonorate the student from this allegation. Thats why the student will need to go to the high court. Why cant the solicitor ask questions from HO rep instead of defending?

The student are the plaintiff why acting as a defendant?

A lot of lapses in the case.

Anyway, wish u all best of luck

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

CCL Decision

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:33 am

prince.07 wrote:The issue of deception is of great consequences. Why not sort out this aspect fast.

The certificate was issue to the student by authorised and appoved body {Listed body} which exonorate the student from this allegation. Thats why the student will need to go to the high court. Why cant the solicitor ask questions from HO rep instead of defending?

The student are the plaintiff why acting as a defendant?

A lot of lapses in the case.

Anyway, wish u all best of luck
I think you have misunderstood how the English legal system works.

In any case, listed body status just means that the college is allowed to run at least one course leading to a recognised UK degree by a UK uni, and that the college's degree students on these courses are not external university students doing distance learning. It has nothing to do with how the other courses are run, or whether they are in fact recognised or accredited.

In Cambridge College of Learning's case it appears that they listed a BSc from Sunderland Uni at one point.
Why cant the solicitor ask questions from HO rep instead of defending?
The Home Office did get questioned, An HEO, CIO, and also even a Grade 6 Lawyer with the Treasury Solicitors in fact.

As far as goatleo's comment "the case prepration for the lead case was way to much below standard" goes, Ellis Taylor also has an excellent reputation as far as I can see with well qualified and experienced members of staff, so I am sure this is just a person opinion or dissapointment with the decision.

UKBA even asked the college for a list of student that did study at CCL from the principal but it appears that it was never sent.

Talk to your solicitors about your options, but considering the size of the college it seems obvious that out of the (over) 2500 refused cases, most of these people could not have studied at the college because of a lack of space to fit them in with the other courses running. It is clear there was fraud going on.

It seems some cases were approved initially, so we may be talking about alot more supposed students than 2500.

rizoo

Post by rizoo » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:57 am

danish1981 wrote:so that letter means that after the lead case decision all the penading and fresh appeals will be rejected as they dont stand anywhere...plz correect me if i am wrong
letter mean is clear if u read carefully this letter as we know the result abt lead case we lost that letter means there is no more hearing straight a way they send a refusal letter but if leads case go in high court that's mean we have to Waite again.

rizoo

Post by rizoo » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:00 am

can one let me know abt leads case ppls r going to high court or not or i have to Waite my appeal decision then i go in high court.

geoatleo

Post by geoatleo » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:16 am

picolla wrote:
geoatleo wrote:

hi all
after long time. Thanks to all who are updating.
geoatleo , did you win the case two times? I assume you won. Then why have u been to high court?
myself lost two times. and appealed to high court. it's been two months. no response.
thanks.
home office went against me at high court, because they had no other choice,and so far i think home office is going to defend it till very last time, :x

aquasaggi

Post by aquasaggi » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:46 am

.good luck geo@leo :roll:

aquasaggi

Post by aquasaggi » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:51 am

geoatleo wrote:

@geo @ leo do u think that all of us should stand together at this point or is it too late??and if we stand together what do u think what can we do.

tuhadda_fuffar

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:36 am

aquasaggi wrote:

@geo @ leo do u think that all of us should stand together at this point or is it too late??and if we stand together what do u think what can we do.
Unity is strength.

Still if we manage to act together, we stand a better chance as it will put more pressure on authorities to do something fast. Our case might get attention of some NGO agency or maybe a celebrity like in Ghurkhas case, which may prove useful. All whats needed at this point is to speed up all processes so that students don’t get stuck in their careers and loose precious time.

geoatleo

Post by geoatleo » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:03 am

aquasaggi wrote:
geoatleo wrote:

well i had tried to g2g the CCL victims,but main problems is most of them are not geniune and are afraid to expose them self in front of media,
every body is not brave like you :D

geoatleo

Post by geoatleo » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:10 am

well its time CCL victims ,come forward,get together,
there are some who only perform on the forums,
some really arrogant people on this forum, every one has his own theory

mate123
Newly Registered

Post by mate123 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:02 am

geoatleo wrote:well its time CCL victims ,come forward,get together,

Where should we get together? you mean demonstration?

geoatleo

Post by geoatleo » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:22 am

mate123 wrote:

in front of parliament house at least 100 victims,
so everybody make a commitment now Wednesday 8am outside west minister station,
done

mate123
Newly Registered

Post by mate123 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:40 am

geoatleo wrote:
mate123 wrote:

done
Alright geo I'm ready to come there.

geoatleo

Post by geoatleo » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:42 am

mate123 wrote:
geoatleo wrote:
mate123 wrote:

done
thanks fellow but we need more ,plenty of us

any body else please come forward

aquasaggi

Post by aquasaggi » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:29 pm

geoatleo wrote:
mate123 wrote:
geoatleo wrote:
mate123 wrote:

done
thanks fellow but we need more ,plenty of us

any body else please come forward
1 more...but do u think we gonna make it 100..no body comes forward.

victimccl
Newly Registered

Be Unite

Post by victimccl » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:58 pm

As i disappointed ......just book my ticket ...but will fight till last moment as have't done any deception so ready for demonstration

geoatleo

Re: Be Unite

Post by geoatleo » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:03 pm

victimccl wrote:As i disappointed ......just book my ticket ...but will fight till last moment as have't done any deception so ready for demonstration
so we are 3 of us now so far, come on come forward other CCL victims

danish1981
BANNED

Post by danish1981 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:16 pm

geoatleo wrote:
victimccl wrote:As i disappointed ......just book my ticket ...but will fight till last moment as have't done any deception so ready for demonstration
i dont mind to come as well but prblem is i live in cardiff....but i should courage you guys and other around that it is time to get unite and do something as we are loosing the case and may be may be it's gonna help us.as we got nothing to loose now so we should play our all cards.i think another way to get more guys is to send personal msg to them that you guys are getting united there so this way i think u'll ge tsome more positive response,leave them your contact number so they can contact you as well in this matter.guys i ma sneding personal msgs to some of the guys on these forums so hopefully we will get some positive response.

picolla
- thin ice -

Post by picolla » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:44 pm

danish1981 wrote:
geoatleo wrote:
i dont mind to come as well but prblem is i live in cardiff....but i should courage you guys and other around that it is time to get unite and do something as we are loosing the case and may be may be it's gonna help us.as we got nothing to loose now so we should play our all cards.i think another way to get more guys is to send personal msg to them that you guys are getting united there so this way i think u'll ge tsome more positive response,leave them your contact number so they can contact you as well in this matter.
i don't understant how demo is gonna help us. it's not like we are only 40 to 50 students who has been refused due to HO faults or whatever..
About 2500 students obviously unrealistic figures. Demo gonna attract media or house of common attention. but what would be results of it.
i don't find any clues
can you give me possible outcome of demo

danish1981
BANNED

Post by danish1981 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:50 pm

picolla wrote:
danish1981 wrote:
geoatleo wrote:
i dont mind to come as well but prblem is i live in cardiff....but i should courage you guys and other around that it is time to get unite and do something as we are loosing the case and may be may be it's gonna help us.as we got nothing to loose now so we should play our all cards.i think another way to get more guys is to send personal msg to them that you guys are getting united there so this way i think u'll ge tsome more positive response,leave them your contact number so they can contact you as well in this matter.
i don't understant how demo is gonna help us. it's not like we are only 40 to 50 students who has been refused due to HO faults or whatever..
About 2500 students obviously unrealistic figures. Demo gonna attract media or house of common attention. but what would be results of it.
i don't find any clues
can you give me possible outcome of demo

it might can get you some more positive result if we fight agianst this case together in a group of students and doing some demonnstration can help us in a way if we do brainstoriming here and unitedly using all of our braincells which we havn't used when we went for this F***** ccl,decide that what issues should be raised.all we want is justice.