ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Holidays Abroad

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

email257525
BANNED

Holidays Abroad

Post by email257525 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:29 am

Hi
Friends

I have PSW (Tier 1 Visa), working and my holidays are coming up which i want to spend out side UK in Schengen or EU countries,
I have two questions

1. Does any one Know Having PSW which country i can visit without a visa?
2. Which country From schengen or EU countries Issues Visa on the same day or Quick if i pay extra charges?

Any comments, Suggestions all are wel come

Regards.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:33 am

PSW holders are not exempt from other countries' visa requirements.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ammeck09

Post by ammeck09 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:47 am

Check the Netherlands Embassy. Go to this website for more information:
http://www.netherlands-embassy.org.uk/p ... x.php?i=26

Processing time is generally 24 to 48 hours, longer if the application is submitted at a Netherlands consulate. Please note that in busy periods processing times for applications submitted at the Netherlands consulates can increase to 4 - 6 weeks.

For certain nationalities - and the nationalities concerned are subject to change with immediate effect and without prior notification - an approval from the appropriate authorities is required and applications will therefore take approximately 2 weeks longer to process.

promise44
Newly Registered

Post by promise44 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:50 pm

You can also try the Belgian embassy. It normally takes 48 hours minimum, but it depends on what country you are from. Check out the link.
http://www.vfs-be-uk.com/application.aspx

1.You have to submit your itinerary, but if for example you use the Belgian embassy they would expect you to spend most of the time in their country otherwise they would tell you to apply at the embassy of the country that you would spend the most time (eg France).

2. If you itinerary says 10 days holiday, that is all the time you will get- as stated on the visa.

3. You itinerary isn't written in stone, you can change your mind, and go to different countries which you probably are planning to do. However if you were only stamped for 1 entry (not multiple) you can only pass through each Schengen state once. So if you want to travel to France first, then you will not be allowed to enter France again after leaving, even if it’s just to return to Britain. Your itinerary has a lot to do with whether you get multiple or one entry.
Hope that is helpful.