ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Funds for dependants..

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anishpadela

Maintenance Funds for dependants..

Post by anishpadela » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:27 pm

Guys

I am still not clear about how much maintanance funds will be required to bring my wife and one child....I have landed in UK just before a month...so my understanding says I will require 2800 + 1600 + 1600 = 6000 GBP...pls confirm if this is correct...

Another query, it is necessaary to show all this funds in UK bank statement....can we give them statement from India bank for 4000 GBP and another UK bank statement for 2000 GBP....will that help or we need to transfer India money to UK and get statement??

Pls help.

Rgds
Anis

push
United Kingdom

Re: Maintenance Funds for dependants..

Post by push » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:36 pm

anishpadela wrote:Guys

I am still not clear about how much maintanance funds will be required to bring my wife and one child....I have landed in UK just before a month...so my understanding says I will require 2800 + 1600 + 1600 = 6000 GBP...pls confirm if this is correct... Yes- but this is my opinion. A number of people for example have just shown 1600x2 and got the approval too

Another query, it is necessaary to show all this funds in UK bank statement....can we give them statement from India bank for 4000 GBP and another UK bank statement for 2000 GBP....will that help or we need to transfer India money to UK and get statement?? UK+India account is fine

Pls help.

Rgds
Anis
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

anishpadela

Post by anishpadela » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:41 pm

push_hsmp wrote:

I am still not clear about how much maintanance funds will be required to bring my wife and one child....I have landed in UK just before a month...so my understanding says I will require 2800 + 1600 + 1600 = 6000 GBP...pls confirm if this is correct... Yes- but this is my opinion. A number of people for example have just shown 1600x2 and got the approval too

Another query, it is necessaary to show all this funds in UK bank statement....can we give them statement from India bank for 4000 GBP and another UK bank statement for 2000 GBP....will that help or we need to transfer India money to UK and get statement?? UK+India account is fine

So its safe to have 6000 GBP in the account....or may land up in trouble...

Is it required to have any payslips also as document? and is it mandatory to have rental agreement?

Rgds
Anis

Pls help.

Rgds
Anis

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:50 pm

anishpadela wrote:
push_hsmp wrote:

So its safe to have 6000 GBP in the account....or may land up in trouble...- As I said it is advisable.
Is it required to have any payslips also as document? and is it mandatory to have rental agreement? - Again these are nice to have things. Ppl have been providing these documents in order to establish it beyond doubt that they have made arrangements for their dependants but at the same time a tem acco like Hotel etc. should not result in rejection.

Rgds
Anis

Pls help.

Rgds
Anis
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:36 am

push_hsmp wrote:
anishpadela wrote:
push_hsmp wrote:

So its safe to have 6000 GBP in the account....or may land up in trouble...- As I said it is advisable.
Is it required to have any payslips also as document? and is it mandatory to have rental agreement? - Again these are nice to have things. Ppl have been providing these documents in order to establish it beyond doubt that they have made arrangements for their dependants but at the same time a tem acco like Hotel etc. should not result in rejection.

Rgds
Anis

Pls help.

Rgds
Anis
Don't take chance and get GBP 6000 or more in your account. That's wht I am also doing...

anishpadela

Can I use Indian account to apply for dependants?

Post by anishpadela » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:47 pm

Can I use Indian account to apply for dependant's visa from India...the reason will BHC will be OK if required funds are shown in the account in India in INR equivant to GBP???

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Can I use Indian account to apply for dependants?

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:15 am

anishpadela wrote:Can I use Indian account to apply for dependant's visa from India...the reason will BHC will be OK if required funds are shown in the account in India in INR equivant to GBP???
YES you can.. be sure the equivalent is more than enough.. be safe

Mrs Khan

Post by Mrs Khan » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:10 am

I would appreciate if you could please advice on the following issue

1- I came to UK under HSMP in April 2006, though my HSMP was approved in Nov 05, therefore i am covered under Judicial Review. I was given an Extension till 2011 under Points based system in Jan 2007. I am recently blessed with a baby girl & like to apply for her visa as my dependent; it will be a seperate application of her only.

my question is what supporting documentation is required. secondly as i am covered by Judicial Review i dont think i need to satisfy the funds requirement but need a reassurance & confirmation .

Please also advise if i have to show funds , how much funds in my case will be required (sole app for my daughter only who is 4 months old).

I would appreciate comments

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:27 am

Mrs Khan wrote:I would appreciate if you could please advice on the following issue

1- I came to UK under HSMP in April 2006, though my HSMP was approved in Nov 05, therefore i am covered under Judicial Review. I was given an Extension till 2011 under Points based system in Jan 2007. I am recently blessed with a baby girl & like to apply for her visa as my dependent; it will be a seperate application of her only.

my question is what supporting documentation is required. secondly as i am covered by Judicial Review i dont think i need to satisfy the funds requirement but need a reassurance & confirmation .

Please also advise if i have to show funds , how much funds in my case will be required (sole app for my daughter only who is 4 months old).

I would appreciate comments
See also contradictory info by home office.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Mrs Khan

Post by Mrs Khan » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:59 pm

I have checked the link you adviced previously but to be honest i couldn't find answer to what my specific question. Also they have intorduced a new set of forms in June 09 therefore i dont want to take any risks

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:04 pm

SET7.14 What is the position of Children born in the UK on or after 1 January 1989 but who are not British Citizens? wrote:Immigration Rules paragraphs 304 & 305
Maintenance and accommodation requirements do not apply to a person who qualifies under these provisions.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Mrs Khan

Post by Mrs Khan » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:14 pm

Your reponse is much appreciated, i have checked the link & found the info very helpful, would you be kind enough to advise if i should use FLR-0 or PBS dependent form.

Mrs Khan

Post by Mrs Khan » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:19 pm

i sent an email to home office to clarify this funds req issue, Although the immigration rule 304& 305 are clear that these req are not applicable, i received following reply

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your enquiry.

Please be advised that you will need to meet the maintenance fund requirement for your dependant child born in the United Kingdom in order to bring the child's immigration status in line with your current status.

Yours faithfully,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:59 pm

This seems to be the case where there is more than one rule applicable.

Note that if child is not travelling, there is no need to do anything.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:23 pm

Annex P - General guidance wrote:2. MAINTENANCE AND ACCOMMODATION

The Rules relating to children born in the United Kingdom who are not British citizens do not require that a child can and will be maintained and accommodated adequately without recourse to public funds. However, should such a child not qualify for leave to enter or remain on this basis, and therefore apply under some other category, he would have to meet all the relevant requirements including, if appropriate, those relating to maintenance and accommodation.

sesharaju
Newly Registered

HSMP Dependent Visa for the New born

Post by sesharaju » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:40 am

Hi,
I am here on HSMP Visa, which is granted on March, 2006. I have my visa valid until May, 2011. I am recently blessed with Baby girl, I want to apply for the Dependent visa for my Daughter, Can you please help me with my queries

1. Which form I need to fill?
2. How much funds I need to show?
3. How long the process will take?

Thanks,
Sesharaju.