ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP or TIER1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

unfairworld
Newly Registered

HSMP or TIER1

Post by unfairworld » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:30 pm

can somebody help, I got hsmp in May 2007 and extension in May 2009.. but I was given Tier1Visa valid till May 2012. My question is, for my wife in pakistan, will she be hsmp dependent or Tier1 dependent, there is quite a lot of difference bw hsmp dependent (30,100) and tier1 dependent fees (94,500), so thats why i am asking.. i have quoted the fees from here: http://www.ukvacpk.com/visafees.aspx ( thanks in advance )

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:11 pm

This is a good question. Any answers Seniors?
Regards,
crowbar6

HSMP2008_JANUARY

Re: HSMP or TIER1

Post by HSMP2008_JANUARY » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:48 pm

unfairworld wrote:can somebody help, I got hsmp in May 2007 and extension in May 2009.. but I was given Tier1Visa valid till May 2012. My question is, for my wife in pakistan, will she be hsmp dependent or Tier1 dependent, there is quite a lot of difference bw hsmp dependent (30,100) and tier1 dependent fees (94,500), so thats why i am asking.. i have quoted the fees from here: http://www.ukvacpk.com/visafees.aspx ( thanks in advance )
There is no HSMP scheme any more. If you are applying for your wife dependent visa then it should be under Tier 1.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:46 pm

unfairworld wrote:can somebody help, I got hsmp in May 2007 and extension in May 2009.. but I was given Tier1Visa valid till May 2012. My question is, for my wife in pakistan, will she be hsmp dependent or Tier1 dependent, there is quite a lot of difference bw hsmp dependent (30,100) and tier1 dependent fees (94,500), so thats why i am asking.. i have quoted the fees from here: http://www.ukvacpk.com/visafees.aspx ( thanks in advance )
Your wife will be in the dependant category of whichever VISA category you hold your current leave in, which I presume is Tier-1?

cheers2boss

Post by cheers2boss » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:41 pm

Hi,

If you fall under transitional arrangements then your wife has to pay the same amount of fee that you paid for your visa. See the response that I got from VFS regarding the same query.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
vfsuk.south@vfs-uk-in.com <vfsuk.south@vfs-uk-in.com> Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 8:00 AM
To:
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting VFS UK Visa Helpdesk.

With regard to your query,

The applicants need to apply for Dependant of tier 1 general applicant with HSMP approval letter (transitional arrangement) and visa fee is 20000 INR for each applicant.You need 1600 GBP for each applicant. These amounts must be held in your personal bank account for a minimum period of 3 months immediately preceding and dated no more than one month prior to the date you submit your application. The balance should not fall below the required minimum at any time during the 3 month period.

Thanks & Regards
UK Helpdesk
Helpline no – 080-40084008
SMS VISA <SPACE> UK <SPACE> PASSPORT NO to 57333 receive the status of your application.
Please book all appointment in advance to submit your applications.
Visit www.vfs-uk-in.com
For information on UK attractions and transport and to buy tickets before you fly, call Visit Britain the national tourism authority of UK on toll free 1800 209 7071 or visit www.visitbritainshop.co.uk

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:55 pm

cheers2boss wrote:Hi,

If you fall under transitional arrangements then your wife has to pay the same amount of fee that you paid for your visa. See the response that I got from VFS regarding the same query.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
vfsuk.south@vfs-uk-in.com <vfsuk.south@vfs-uk-in.com> Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 8:00 AM
To:
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting VFS UK Visa Helpdesk.

With regard to your query,

The applicants need to apply for Dependant of tier 1 general applicant with HSMP approval letter (transitional arrangement) and visa fee is 20000 INR for each applicant.You need 1600 GBP for each applicant. These amounts must be held in your personal bank account for a minimum period of 3 months immediately preceding and dated no more than one month prior to the date you submit your application. The balance should not fall below the required minimum at any time during the 3 month period.

Thanks & Regards
UK Helpdesk
Helpline no – 080-40084008
SMS VISA <SPACE> UK <SPACE> PASSPORT NO to 57333 receive the status of your application.
Please book all appointment in advance to submit your applications.
Visit www.vfs-uk-in.com
For information on UK attractions and transport and to buy tickets before you fly, call Visit Britain the national tourism authority of UK on toll free 1800 209 7071 or visit www.visitbritainshop.co.uk
He said he got HSMP approval in 2007 and is on Tier -1 since May 2009. Cant think of a reason why he would be under transitional arrangements.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:01 am

You can bring ur wife (dependent) under your CURRENT VISA Status in UK and if it is Tier1(G) then you need to follow n pay wat is requred for Tier1(G) Dependent visa requires..

unfairworld
Newly Registered

Post by unfairworld » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:10 pm

push_hsmp wrote:
Your wife will be in the dependant category of whichever VISA category you hold your current leave in, which I presume is Tier-1?
Just to add that, I did not switched from HSMP to Tier1 Visa.. I appiled for HSMP extension application, whcih was approved but Tier1 Visa was pasted on my passport.. ( Am I wrong if I think, I still fall in the HSMP category as this was waht on whose basis I got extension later )

Secondly.. if u look here: http://www.ukvacpk.com/visafees.aspx there are mention of all three categories HSMP / HSMP Transitional and Tier1.

I really really need to save as much I can. Tier1 dependent fees are absolutely cruel.

Many Thanks for your help.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:17 pm

As far as I know, in May 2009 they were not granting any extensions in HSMP (other than some specific cases?). You do not get VISA for the category you apply for if the category is merged into another or is replaced by a new one. Did you fill Tier-1 form for your extension?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

euphoria1947
Mood:
India

Post by euphoria1947 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:36 pm

hello,

I got my HSMP in NOV 2007 and got married recently and got my wife on HSMP dependent VISA.

Now my extension is coming. I'm extending it under tier-1 visa, so my wife VISA will be extended under Tier-1 not on HSMP.

It is simple. If you are on Tier 1 extension you have to get her on Tier-1 dependent VISA by paying the high price.

Cheers

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:32 pm

euphoria1947 wrote:hello,

I got my HSMP in NOV 2007 and got married recently and got my wife on HSMP dependent VISA.

Now my extension is coming. I'm extending it under tier-1 visa, so my wife VISA will be extended under Tier-1 not on HSMP.

It is simple. If you are on Tier 1 extension you have to get her on Tier-1 dependent VISA by paying the high price.

Cheers
Agree