ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Tier 1 query for accomodation

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

golu

Dependant Tier 1 query for accomodation

Post by golu » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:03 pm

Hi Experts,

I want to apply for my wife's visa and i am on Tier1.
I had two queries:
1. It is not clear from threads if I need to put payslips in her file, can someone clarify this please?
2.I live with my mate and the council contract and the tenancy agreement is under his name. What others document I can use for proof of accomodation ? Also do I need any documents from the guy I live with or the landlord ?

Kindly advise.

thanks,

Golu

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Dependant Tier 1 query for accomodation

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:14 pm

golu wrote: 1. It is not clear from threads if I need to put payslips in her file, can someone clarify this please?
Payslips are not required for/with tier1 dependents visa application..
2.I live with my mate and the council contract and the tenancy agreement is under his name. What others document I can use for proof of accomodation ? Also do I need any documents from the guy I live with or the landlord ?
A letter from Landlord regarding the accomodation will be better to have if possible

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:21 pm

If you are planning to move to separate accomodation after your wife joins you, you can provide your tenancy agreement as well(ofcourse future date).

Or,As advised by tvn, you will need NOC from your current landlord.

golu

Post by golu » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:11 am

Thanks Ramesh and Chetan.

So Do I need to provide a letter from the landlord or from the estate agent?

As you can imagine, the landlord letter will be on simple A4 letter, will it be considered valid, wont they raise questions about the authenticity of letteR?

push
United Kingdom

Re: Dependant Tier 1 query for accomodation

Post by push » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:42 am

golu wrote:Hi Experts,

I want to apply for my wife's visa and i am on Tier1.
I had two queries:
1. It is not clear from threads if I need to put payslips in her file, can someone clarify this please?

Kindly advise.

thanks,

Golu
See: PBS Dependant (VAF10) - supporting documents checklist for ppl applying for dependants who are outside UK

golu

Post by golu » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:14 pm

push_hsmp,

I have already been through documents and I understand that there is no specific mention about the accomodation but everyone applying from India provide some proof of accomodation.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:27 pm

golu wrote:push_hsmp,

I have already been through documents and I understand that there is no specific mention about the accomodation but everyone applying from India provide some proof of accomodation.
Cant help it really. people seem to believe that more documents they provide, stronger their chances of approval becomes. Where as in reallity it is an elimination process. Caseworkers have a checklist and if all the boxes are ticked they approve the application (barring some mistakes). If a box cant be ticked, no matter how many additional documents you provide, the case can not (should not) be approved.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

golu

Post by golu » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:19 am

I will agree with you there Push. I also dont see any mention of accomodation in the document checklist.

I am just going to buy an agreement letter from W H Smith and let my landlord know that I am applying for my wife's dependant visa.

golu

Post by golu » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:20 am

I will agree with you there Push. I also dont see any mention of accomodation in the document checklist.

I am just going to buy an agreement letter from W H Smith and let my landlord know that I am applying for my wife's dependant visa.