ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New born baby passport question

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

indian_in_uk

New born baby passport question

Post by indian_in_uk » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:52 pm

Me and my wife both have ILR. We had a baby girl last month, she was born in the UK and we are planning to apply for her briish passport. I was wondering what is the procedure for this? Do we have to go to NCS and get the child registered and then apply for her passport or just get the passport application form form Post office and send it to IPS?

Thanks all
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:20 pm

Congratulations on your baby's birth.

When did you get ILR? If it was before the baby was born then no need to register. Just go to the post office and get the passport forms. you may need to submit your passport with the application to show you had ILR when baby was born.

more discussion is here http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=40944