ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LONG TERM RESIDENCY RECESSION PROCEESING CHARGE €500

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aswadref

LONG TERM RESIDENCY RECESSION PROCEESING CHARGE €500

Post by aswadref » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:19 am

hello guys,
just got a letter from long term residency section says as follows.

dear.........,
i am directed by the minister for justice...... to refer to your long term application.
please be advised that from 7th september 2009 each applicant who has been successful in there application for long term will be charged €500 for the initial grant for this permission.
the permission will be valid for a period of five years.it may than be renewed subject to the residency requirments applicable at that time,renewals will not be subject to a further €500 fee.
no fee is payable where the application is in respect of a dependent,or where the application is refused.

another charge for immigrants

IPT
Newly Registered

Post by IPT » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:10 pm

I got it as well this morning.

I am waiting for the Without Condition as to Time Endorsement at the moment as well. I submitted all passports and the decision should be in 10-15 working days. If I get WTC I will not need LRT as far as I understand.

Can I cancel my LRT application? Or can I not to take LRT if my LTR application is successful?

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:39 pm

i am sure if you write a letter you can withdraw your application or when they send a letter saying you application is successful send the money to get the letter just ignore the letter.but to withdraw the application when everything is ok seems to be a better option.when had you applied for long term

IPT
Newly Registered

Post by IPT » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:52 pm

I applied last year. So it could be mid of next year when the LTR application is granted with the current processing times. However, 500 euro fee may speed up the process drastically...

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:57 pm

is this for real?
I didnt receive any letter from INIS yet . but 500 euros... wow.
I applied Jan 2008, if I got approved this November? they will charge me 500 yoyos?
I have to renew my stamp 1 this September for 150 Euros.. then if approved, I have to pay 500 Euros plus 150 Euros for the GNIB stamp 4 card?.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:40 pm

There's a notice in the Metro newspaper today on Page 6 about these charges
http://e-edition.metroireland.ie/2009/08/24/

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:32 pm

smalltime Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:57 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

is this for real?
I didnt receive any letter from INIS yet . but 500 euros... wow.
I applied Jan 2008, if I got approved this November? they will charge me 500 yoyos?
I have to renew my stamp 1 this September for 150 Euros.. then if approved, I have to pay 500 Euros plus 150 Euros for the GNIB stamp 4 card?.

i am exact same position applied end jan 2008 have to renew visa in mid sept and pay 500 more for ltr and than for green card and re-entry.

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:01 pm

Just checked my letter box and whalla!!! I got the letter as well , yep 500 euros
they know we would pay for it anyway ... there is nothing we could do.

Southern_Sky

Post by Southern_Sky » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:36 pm

Interesting that this was announced during the summer break of the Dail, and not months before to give applicants a 'heads-up'. Surely this decision was made before the Minister went on his holidays.

One would expect these INIS to charge a nominal fee and not the 500 euros + in thes economic times, especially as the 'successful' applicants paying the fee qualifies as tax-paying, productive members of society.

Surprisingly they haven't applied a flat 500euro fee on all other Irish immigration status applications as well like 'Without Condition As to Time (Stamp 5)' which appears to be still free & takes just 3 days. And they haven't decided (yet) to go break the 950euro barrier for citizenship applications!

Australia Immigration fees are all under $300 AUD
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i/citizenship.htm

British & US Immigration fees:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... from060409

http://www.usimmigrationsupport.org/fees.html

d9562591
Newly Registered

Post by d9562591 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:57 pm

hi all,

i also just received this letter today, but i was already being granted the LTR and planned to go and get my stamp this week, does that mean i will still be charge euro 500 or it is that they are only charging from 7th Sept?

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:34 pm

Southern_Sky wrote: Surprisingly they haven't applied a flat 500euro fee on all other Irish immigration status applications as well like 'Without Condition As to Time (Stamp 5)' which appears to be still free & takes just 3 days. And they haven't decided (yet) to go break the 950euro barrier for citizenship applications!
I won't bet against that happening. For all we don't know that is in the pipe line too. This will inevitably results in more people choosing to hold on until they have the eight years residency and then opting for the WCAT. This will no doubt prompt an introduction of fees for that as well, and you can bet it will be more than Er500.

I think the citizenship wait time is about to get longer. "We see Passport, they see Euros" :lol:

As my paddy friend will say: "Low tax economy me arse!!