ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Help !!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sri14
Newly Registered

Need Help !!

Post by sri14 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:17 pm

Hi Everyone,
Firstly i would like to thank everyone for the support i got in here. when i applied for pws.
before i come to question, abit about my suitation, i got my pws on PG diploma and its valid till 2011( still 2 years left). But i want to think and plan about the next step which would Tier 1 general Of HSMP.
Since i haven' got master qualification, i would struggle to get enough points.
so can we convert this PG Diploma to Master's. if i can, can i do on PWS and do i have to do it full time or part time?
And i found if i do certification like ACCA,CIMA or CIPFA but CIMAand ACCA require three years to get the final certification. which is not possible in my case b'cos of my visa.
so i am left with CIPFA which can be done within 2 years. so can i claims 35 points using this qualification ? Or any other suggestion?
Thank You.
regards,
Sri

Blackwater1

Post by Blackwater1 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:20 pm

You can do a top up masters from university through RDI.The most convenient way..only 3 assignments,1exam and a dissertation.

abhi2186

Post by abhi2186 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:59 pm

where can i get that top up degree...i have got the same problem i have done pgdiploma in business management...related to this course where can i get topup degree from which university........please suggest me...........waiting for ur reply

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:06 pm

HI Abhi & Sri,
The easiest way out is send yr diplomas to NARIC and u never knw thy might consider yr PG diplomas as euqivalent to masters, yr problem sorted if not just do any diploma which is equivalent to masters.

Blackwater1

Post by Blackwater1 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:20 am

Google RDI and u will come to know the exact details of the universities and everything else..

sri14
Newly Registered

Need Help !!

Post by sri14 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:46 pm

Hi Everyone,
I would like to Thank for the valuable suggestion.
I have googled RDI and found the various programmes they offer.
But my question is it say its online /distance eduaction programme.
Will it get me the full 35 points under General Tier 1?
I am abit caught between RDI or CIPFA
if anyone can provide more info on CIPFA and would be helpful do course like that which would get me 35 points would be of great help?
Thank You

ammeck09

Re: Need Help !!

Post by ammeck09 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:17 pm

sri14 wrote:Hi Everyone,
I would like to Thank for the valuable suggestion.
I have googled RDI and found the various programmes they offer.
But my question is it say its online /distance eduaction programme.
Will it get me the full 35 points under General Tier 1?
I am abit caught between RDI or CIPFA
if anyone can provide more info on CIPFA and would be helpful do course like that which would get me 35 points would be of great help?
Thank You
Do CIPFA award degree certificates?

sri14
Newly Registered

Need Help !!

Post by sri14 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:56 am

Not really, but when i did the self assessment on the ukba website. They awarded full 35 points for it. But its for the final ceritifcation.

You get full 35 points for ACCA and CIMA but to get the final certification , you should be working in that field for 3 years as you got to do case study.
so those two certification are out .

i just want to know if its the same case with CIPFA thats you need to be working for 3 years in that field for the final certification?

In that case, i am left with Top-up degree's from RDI and want to know if these Top-Up degrees get the full 35 points as its online/distance education thought awarded by the universities?

thank you again.

regards,
Sri

Blackwater1

Post by Blackwater1 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:31 pm

u will get 35 points..but if u r anxious then get a compatability letter from UK naric..absolutely no need but if u want so..