ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Different Responses for HSMP vs Passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

unixguru
Newly Registered

Different Responses for HSMP vs Passport

Post by unixguru » Wed May 12, 2004 9:58 pm

I applied for the HSMP last month. I haave been talking to recruiters and consulting firms about four hours a day since. Here is an interesting issue - I just recently got approved for a British Passport thanks to the BNA 2002 rules having British Mother. Now when I talk to the recruiters and they ask what kind of status I have and I mention British Passport holder, the world stops the recruiters re-evaluate everything and things have totally changed.

Is the HSMP looked down upon?

Just an Observation,

Shaun

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Thu May 13, 2004 8:30 am

Most recruiters dont know the nittygritty of Immigration Law and possibly 99% of recruiters have never heard of HSMP

However, 100% of recruiters have heard of a British Passport - so they are aware of your employment rights...

When you get in the 'real' world - working environment. You will have to prove yourself British Passport or not :roll:

It is your perfomance that will matter whether HSMP, BC or ILR...

The only difference is that you possibly can qualify for governemnt/security jobs where British Citizenship is a must - fancy working for MI5 ?
Where there is a will there is a way.

unixguru
Newly Registered

Post by unixguru » Thu May 13, 2004 1:36 pm

Do I get an 00 number? If yes then would consider it. I would definitely need an Aston Martin for the signing bonus.

Cheers
Shaun

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu May 13, 2004 1:42 pm

Do I get an 00 number?
No - you only get one when the current number 'expires' - dude's been around since 1962 - Dr No days...so don't hold your breath :lol: .
If yes then would consider it. I would definitely need an Aston Martin for the signing bonus.
Its more likely to be from the Bayerische Motoren Werke stable...thats BMW to you and me :lol:.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Thu May 13, 2004 4:40 pm

Its more likely to be from the Bayerische Motoren Werke stable...thats BMW to you and me :lol:.
Didnt know 'BIIMA' stood for such a long setence - are they like names of people - now I will respecting my X5 much more 8)
Where there is a will there is a way.