ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what is next after ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DAVID_NEW
Newly Registered

what is next after ILR

Post by DAVID_NEW » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:29 pm

Hi There,

I got my ILR, Is there any other letter will they send to me, Now i've only stampped passport only, is this correct

Thanks

EJ

Post by EJ » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:39 pm

Hi David, I presume you applied via the postal route. How long did they take to process your ILR application? I have sent mine away about two weeks ago, and is still awaiting a response from them. On what basis did you get ILR?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:48 pm

David, I think they have stopped issuing any letter specifically addressed to you, and sometimes they neglect to even issue a standard unaddressed letter. Don't worry about it ... but might be an idea to photocopy your ILR sticker and keep that photocopy separate from the passport.
what is next after ILR
Naturalisation as British? Unless you are married to a British Citizen you need to have had your ILR for at least a year. Also, at the time of application, you must have been in the UK at least 5 years (or 3 years if married to British Citizen).

Actually before applying for naturalisation, you need to study, take and pass the Citizenship Test.
John