ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tom4

Post by tom4 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:21 am

Can you post a link to that forum?
I know it is probably in russian, but those who are interested could maybe use a web translator to read it.

mazar

JOKE SYSTEM,,,,

Post by mazar » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:44 pm

look the fix system like a JOKE ,nformation On Application Processing Times

The average time from application to decision is now at 23 montThe section is currently commencing further processing of applications received in early 2008[/b][/b]

Tuner

Post by Tuner » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:17 pm

tom4 wrote:Can you post a link to that forum?
I know it is probably in russian, but those who are interested could maybe use a web translator to read it.

We are using non-Latin alphabet on that forum. It is against the forum's rules to use the english lang< so i am afraid engl speaking people will start creating a mess trying to use english in their posts.
But I will be always updating you in relation to terms of citizenship.
A few Russians still waiting having applied in 2005, no offences, no nothing, clear cases. Lots of 2006 receiving letters of approval now.
As to 2007 many got them up to June 2007, but only a few who applied between July-Dec 2007. There are even cases of early 2008, all 5 years on work permits.

tom4

Post by tom4 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:55 am

Hi Tuner,
I wasn't intending to post anything, just to translate and read.
But that now seems too much like hard work!

Please do keep us up to date with what is happening on that site though. We would all like to have a better idea of what is going on and, as you know, INIS are very reluctant to say anything useful.

mad

Hi! Kindly tell me

Post by mad » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:00 pm

Hi!

My timelines are as follows:

Applied: September 2006.
Acknowledgment: October 2006.
Additional Documents: P 21, pay slips etc. September 2008.
Birth Certificate: March 2009.
August 2009: Garda report + social work report back, told by DOJ that 'further checks are being made.'

Can someone kindly tell me as to what these further checks are and how long does it take from this stage onwards. I would be really grateful. I am very worried because my contract expires in March 2010 and I don't know if it would be renewed in the current economic climate.

yelims

Post by yelims » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:03 pm

just rang there took about 20 mins get thru

after 36 months they are now saying its all ready to be sent to the minister for his decision and nothing is needed from me

she said thats usually takes 6 to 8 weeks

i asked whether the minister is on holidays and was told he probably is and theres reduced staff :(

fingers crossed now

its fast approaching my 14th year in Ireland :0

tom4

Post by tom4 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:04 pm

Hi mad,
I was told something similar and I eventually extracted from them that my application is with the minister for a decision. That was well over a month ago. As with everything they say, I am not banking on it being correct.

yelims

Post by yelims » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:07 pm

@mad they were telling me the same up to todays call

i would ring once a month for the last 5 months to quickly check on progress in case they forgot about me :D

i recommend the same since our timelines are almost the same

the whole process is glacial but the people on the phone are nice and polite
Last edited by yelims on Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zzz

Post by zzz » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:07 pm

yelims wrote:j
after 36 months they are now saying its all ready to be sent to the minister for his decision and nothing is needed from me

my file is "ready to be sent to the minister " since mid may ... way over 8 weeks....
must be something *very* unusual in my file :)

yelims

Post by yelims » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:10 pm

zzz wrote:
yelims wrote:j

my file is "ready to be sent to the minister " since mid may ... way over 8 weeks....
must be something *very* unusual in my file :)
oh dear :)

why do I imagine the minister on some far away beach reading the independent and laughing at the news of the country and his party collapsing :D

yeh ive been here so long now that all the people that know me are shocked that they hear i dont have irish passport despite sounding like i was born here

my hope of ever getting this passport is practically non existent by this stage and i resigned myself to being jailed to this island :( and continue paying taxes and not breaking any laws :| what else can i do but dream i suppose of that envelope arriving and not containing a rejection :(
Last edited by yelims on Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

immigrant123
Newly Registered

Post by immigrant123 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:11 pm

Finally I was also told that they are happy with everything and the application will now be forwaded to the minister for a decession.

My time lines:
Applied: 10th March 2006 based on 5 years working visa
Asked further docs like P21: Sep 08
Asked to re-submit Marriage Affidavit: Feb 08

yelims

Post by yelims » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:13 pm

immigrant123 wrote:Finally I was also told that they are happy with everything and the application will now be forwaded to the minister for a decession.

My time lines:
hopefully they would send our files out in one big bunch and they can get the remainder of 06ers out of the way fast

EBS

Post by EBS » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:34 pm

immigrant123 wrote:Finally I was also told that they are happy with everything and the application will now be forwaded to the minister for a decession.

My time lines:
Its getting better now, guys :o , i was told exactly the same, same timeline, "...even could be less than 6-8 weeks.." she said. Fingers cross, God bless all early 2006 applicants :lol: !

mad

Re: all

Post by mad » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:38 pm

Hi!

I have been calling them religiously every month. It took about 9 months for the Garda checl to be completed. I never even got as much as a parking fine till now. However, I am being told that my both SW and Garda checks are back and 'further check are being made'. I specifically asked the lady as to how long will it take from now and if she can tell me if the file is ready to be sent to the minister she just repeated herself and said 'further checks are being made' and declined to comment any further. I wonder if someone could enlighten me as to how long does it take from this stage onwards. I believe a few of the posters before me are also in the same boat. So those who already underwent the same process before and got their approval may be in the best position to comment. Care to enlighten us?

Thanks a lot everyone for the mutual support.

exchangeboy
Newly Registered

Re: all

Post by exchangeboy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:28 pm

mad wrote:Hi!

I have been calling them religiously every month. It took about 9 months for the Garda checl to be completed. I never even got as much as a parking fine till now. However, I am being told that my both SW and Garda checks are back and 'further check are being made'. I specifically asked the lady as to how long will it take from now and if she can tell me if the file is ready to be sent to the minister she just repeated herself and said 'further checks are being made' and declined to comment any further. I wonder if someone could enlighten me as to how long does it take from this stage onwards. I believe a few of the posters before me are also in the same boat. So those who already underwent the same process before and got their approval may be in the best position to comment. Care to enlighten us?

Thanks a lot everyone for the mutual support.
Hi,

i was told 5 weeks ago that they had received garda check and SW done but 4 weeks ago told me diff like they didn't received garda check and SW check and they sent new inquiry to outside agency day before i called. so i don't know, what i will hear next time.
i couldn't able to get thru inis since then. i will try calling them on thursday
applied in sep/oct 2007 based on 5 years workpermit..submitted additional doc in feb 2009.

mad

Re: exchangeboy

Post by mad » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:51 pm

I would love to hear what they tell you on Thursday next. I believe they are very inconsistent in their replies. I wonder if someone who has undergone this process before can enlighten us as to what do the DOJ mean by 'making further inquiries' and how long does it take after this stage before file is sent to the minister.

Cheers all and good luck exchangeboy.

My Timeline:

Applied: Sept 06 based on 5 years residency and work permit.
Acknowledgement received: October 06.
Further documents: Sept. 08.
Birth certificate update: March 09.
Garda and SW check sent: December 08.
Garda and SW check received/completed: August 09.
At present: 'Making further inquiries and check' ???what does it mean?

and how long would it take from now?

tom4

Post by tom4 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:58 pm

Hi mad,
perhaps I wasn't clear before:
When I was told that they had completed the garda check and the social welfare check and they were waiting for a final report (basically the same as what they told you), I later found out that the final report was to be from the minister's office and would contain the decision (they said that it had been sent to his office and they were waiting for the reply/decision). That was well over a month ago. My application is still at that stage.
Last edited by tom4 on Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mad

Re: Tom4

Post by mad » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:04 pm

Hi! Tom,

I am delighted to hear this. I hope with all sincerity that your decision comes through before this month ends. I may have missed your previous posts so I kind of don't know your timelines at all. Would be nice if you could post them again. I wonder if it means that my file has also gone to or soon going to the minister. I don't think that I can wait any longer because if I am made redundant in March, 2010. I am a gonner

The very best of luck Tom4. Fingers crossed. :(

tom4

Post by tom4 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:06 pm

Applied june '06.
documents requested late '08.
I'd say your's is in his office too. (I hope so).

exchangeboy
Newly Registered

Post by exchangeboy » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:53 pm

i call today to inis..got thru around 11.25am. still waiting for reports. nothing new in answer got back to questions i asked. applied sep 07

mazar

laughe joke system everything in here possible to heard

Post by mazar » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:33 pm

hey guys is that true i heard from some people the INIS tipperary close down soon because no money 2 pay for staff is that right or wrong?did u heard that,if its right ? :( :( :(

robby1
BANNED

Post by robby1 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:40 pm

no it is not,u always comes up with something stupid...

goodone
Newly Registered

Post by goodone » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:58 pm

exchangeboy
Newly Registered

Post by exchangeboy » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:57 pm

Entemp Update....

Policy on Employment Permits for non-EEA nationals who have held permits for 5 years or more and easing of the immigration rules for redundant non-EEA migrant workers

http://www.entemp.ie/labour/workpermits ... eyears.htm

immq
Newly Registered

Post by immq » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:41 pm

I am another 06er ,timelines as :

July 06 apply
Mar 09 more request for P21,etc.
no other news.

INIS number is nearly not working for me , 1890252854 ,either the call being dropped after 10 mins in the Q or number is busy.
Anyone can show some technich ?

expereice in here on this matter is very bad anyway.we are all in the same boat.