ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ALLAHAMDULLIAH I GOT THE VISA TODAY

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

psw2009
Member of Standing

Post by psw2009 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:27 pm

Hi guys,

I was studying in a college for the degree of university .I have receive the below letter from college and only this letter i am providing to the home office for points of qualification, instituion, date of award and immigration status please let me know about your comments. thanks

To Whome it may concern

This is to confirm that ...... was enroleed on a Master degree programme leading to the qualification of MBA in International Finance at the College

At the end of the examination process he has been successfully awarded the degree of MBA in International Finance. The following are the details of the award:

1. Student's name: xxxxxx
2. Title of Qualification: xxxxx
3. Start and end date : xxxxx
4. Date of Award: xxxxx
5. body awarding the qualification: xxxxx

we can also confirm that the certificate of award will be issue in due course . As he has successfully completed the degree of MBA Finance he is expected to attend the graduation ceremony to be held in April-2010.

please do not hesitate to contact us should the need arise for further information.

Your faithfully,
Last edited by psw2009 on Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

monday

Post by monday » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:58 pm

HI
I think this letter should be on the awarding body's letter head paper and not the college. Please read the UKBA Tier 1 guidance on this issue before submitting your application

psw2009
Member of Standing

paragraph 59

Post by psw2009 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:11 pm

according to paragraph 59 please note in below it says applicant provide an original letter from the institution at which the applicatnt studied (college isnt) because i studied in college not in university. the university will award me degree. please let me hav your comments thanks

If the certificate has yet to be issued, the
applicant will be unable to provide the original
certificate of award. In these circumstances,
the applicant must provide:
ii) an original letter from the institution at
which the applicant studied towards his/her

eligible qualification. The letter must be an
original letter (not a copy), on the official
letter-headed paper of the United Kingdom
institution at which the applicant studied. It
must have been issued by an authorised
official and must confirm the:
• applicant’s name;
• title of the qualification;
• date of award (as defined in paragraph 76
of these guidance notes);
• the body awarding the qualification;
• explain the reason why the applicant is
unable to provide their original certificate of
award; and
• confirm that the certificate will be issued.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:07 pm

monday wrote:HI
I think this letter should be on the awarding body's letter head paper and not the college. Please read the UKBA Tier 1 guidance on this issue before submitting your application
No the letter is fine as it needs to be on the institution where u studied at. Although he does need a letter from the university to confirm his date of award as HO needs a written confirmation from the awarding institution which would be the university and not the college according to paragraph 76 of the PSW guidence.

monday

Post by monday » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:27 pm

HI psw 2009
You seems to be right, but make sure you comply with Paragragh 76 as suggested above. best of luck

psw2009
Member of Standing

i read paragraph 76

Post by psw2009 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:30 pm

i read the paragraph 76 but after reading the paragraph 77-80 my conclusion is i only need letter from college could you please read the paragraph 77-80 and let me have your comments thanks

76. The date of award is taken as the
date on which the applicant was first notified,
in writing, by the awarding institution, that
the qualification has been awarded. This
notification may have been made in writing,
directly to the applicant, or by the institution
publishing details of the award, either in writing
(for example, via an institution notice board) or
electronically (for example, on the institution’s
website). Where the notification was not in the
form of direct correspondence to the applicant,
we will require direct confirmation of the date
of award from the institution in writing.
77. We do not accept the date of award as
the date of graduation.
78. Providing the date of award of the
eligible qualification is no more than 12 months
before the date of application, 15 points will be
awarded for this attribute.
Documents required79. In order to score 15 points for this
attribute, the specified evidence the applicant
must provide is:
i) original document from the institution at
• applicant’s name;
• title of the qualification
• start and end dates of the applicant’s
period/s of study and/or research for
this qualification at the United Kingdom
institution; and
of these guidance notes).
Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) Policy Guidance page 17
80. If the applicant has already provided
an original letter in support of points claimed
for the other attributes, then the same letter
is acceptable as evidence in support of this
attribute, providing it contains all the required
information.

ash786
BANNED

Re: i read paragraph 76

Post by ash786 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:40 pm

psw2009 wrote:i read the paragraph 76 but after reading the paragraph 77-80 my conclusion is i only need letter from college could you please read the paragraph 77-80 and let me have your comments thanks

76. The date of award is taken as the
date on which the applicant was first notified,
in writing, by the awarding institution, that
the qualification has been awarded. This
notification may have been made in writing,
directly to the applicant, or by the institution
publishing details of the award, either in writing
(for example, via an institution notice board) or
electronically (for example, on the institution’s
website). Where the notification was not in the
form of direct correspondence to the applicant,
we will require direct confirmation of the date
of award from the institution in writing.
77. We do not accept the date of award as
the date of graduation.
78. Providing the date of award of the
eligible qualification is no more than 12 months
before the date of application, 15 points will be
awarded for this attribute.
Documents required79. In order to score 15 points for this
attribute, the specified evidence the applicant
must provide is:
i) original document from the institution at
• applicant’s name;
• title of the qualification
• start and end dates of the applicant’s
period/s of study and/or research for
this qualification at the United Kingdom
institution; and
Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) Policy Guidance page 17
80. If the applicant has already provided
an original letter in support of points claimed
for the other attributes, then the same letter
is acceptable as evidence in support of this
attribute, providing it contains all the required
information.
No u need a letter from the university confirming u award. Let me make it clear in another way for you. The PSW guidence says that to score the award for the "DATE OF AWARD" u need to provide a letter from the institution u stuidied at( u got a letter from the college which is fine). Now if u read the requirements u need on the letter and the last requirement is as follows,

So the above says as defined in paragraph 76 of the guidence. You would only fulfill this requirement if u have a letter from the university confirming the date of award and that date will be used in the letter from the college u studied at. I have already explained that in full details. HO has already refused application on this issue and u can search this forum to get more information but without it u will be in trouble.

psw2009
Member of Standing

plz read after 76 which is 77 to 80

Post by psw2009 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:54 pm

could you please read paragraph 77 to 80 which says in order to fullfill the requirement of 76 documents require and then in 79 it mention under documents require for date of award is letter from the institution where applicant studied

ash786
BANNED

Re: plz read after 76 which is 77 to 80

Post by ash786 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:22 pm

psw2009 wrote:could you please read paragraph 77 to 80 which says in order to fullfill the requirement of 76 documents require and then in 79 it mention under documents require for date of award is letter from the institution where applicant studied
No u missing the point completely as it says,

Yes the letter is fine but to fulfill the above requirement u need a letter form the university. The requirement clearly explains " AS DEFINED IN PARAGRAPH 76 OF THESE GUIDENCE NOTES". The letter from the college will use the date of award from the letter from the university. I am sorry to say but i can not make ie more easy than what i have already explained.

psw2009
Member of Standing

tomaroo i call home office

Post by psw2009 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:46 pm

ash786 i will call tomaro home office and ii will ask them and i will post tomaro the home office comments on my issue thanks

ash786
BANNED

Re: tomaroo i call home office

Post by ash786 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:08 pm

psw2009 wrote:ash786 i will call tomaro home office and ii will ask them and i will post tomaro the home office comments on my issue thanks
You are more than welcome to do that i have already checked with them in an email to HO and Ho has confirmed that please find the email and for your own satisfaction do contact them.

My email to them was as follow,

Dear Sir/madam,
I am planning to apply for the PSW visa. I am stuyding at a college for a degree in Business Mnagement and my degree is recognised and validated by a recognised university. The PSW application form states that the applicant needs to apply within 12 months of the date of the award. I am copying the information from the guidance notes please see below,

Date of the award
"An applicant can claim 15 points if 69. the qualification for which he/she is claiming points was obtained within the 12 months immediately before his/her application for entry clearance or leave to remain under Tier 1 (Post-Study Work).
We will always consider that the date 70. on which the applicant was first notified in writing, by the awarding institution, that the qualification has been awarded, is the date on which the qualification was ‘obtained’ (date of award). This notification may have been made in writing, directly to the applicant, or by the institution publishing details of the award, either in writing (for example, via an institution notice board) or electronically (for example, on the institution’s website). Where notification was not in the form of direct correspondence to the applicant we will require written confirmation from the Institution of the date of award."

My question is that do i need a confrimation from the university or the college as i always receives confrimation from the college and after the graduation the university issues the certificate of the award. The guidance notes says that the awarding institution but does not mention that would that be the college or the university.

I would appreciate your help.

Now the answer i received from the HO.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your enquiry.

We confirm that you need to make enquiries as to who awarded your qualification as it is from that institution that you will need to obtain the date of notification.

Yours faithfully,

Immigration Group
UK Border Agency

I Hop it helps but for your own satisfaction do check with them and i am sure that u will get the same answer as mine.

psw2009
Member of Standing

thanks ash786

Post by psw2009 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:02 pm

thanks ash786 i spoke to home office and they have told me that i do need to have the letter from university as well saying that i have pass and degree will be issue in due course so i am really thankful to you for your guidance now i am going to ask the university for below letter could you please give me your comments about the below letter

“This is to confirm that Mr. ..... was enrolled on a Master degree programme leading to the qualification of MBA in International Finance at the University of ........ At the end of the examination process he has been successfully Completed the degree of MBA in International Finance.

We can also confirm that the certificate of award will be issue in due course. As he has successfully completed the degree of MBA Finance he is expected to attend the graduation ceremony to be held in April-2010. “

Thanks

ammeck09

Re: thanks ash786

Post by ammeck09 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:15 pm

psw2009 wrote:thanks ash786 i spoke to home office and they have told me that i do need to have the letter from university as well saying that i have pass and degree will be issue in due course so i am really thankful to you for your guidance now i am going to ask the university for below letter could you please give me your comments about the below letter

“This is to confirm that Mr. ..... was enrolled on a Master degree programme leading to the qualification of MBA in International Finance at the University of ........ At the end of the examination process he has been successfully Completed the degree of MBA in International Finance.

We can also confirm that the certificate of award will be issue in due course. As he has successfully completed the degree of MBA Finance he is expected to attend the graduation ceremony to be held in April-2010. “

Thanks
All these blah blah without dates?

psw2009
Member of Standing

DATE IN COLLEGE LETTER

Post by psw2009 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:37 pm

letter date will b consider as notification and since home office also require one letter from college so college will put date of university letter in the college letter below

To Whome it may concern

This is to confirm that ...... was enroleed on a Master degree programme leading to the qualification of MBA in International Finance at the College

At the end of the examination process he has been successfully awarded the degree of MBA in International Finance. The following are the details of the award:

1. Student's name: xxxxxx
2. Title of Qualification: xxxxx
3. Start and end date : xxxxx
4. Date of Award: Letter date from university as notification that i have pass5. body awarding the qualification: xxxxx

we can also confirm that the certificate of award will be issue in due course . As he has successfully completed the degree of MBA Finance he is expected to attend the graduation ceremony to be held in April-2010.

please do not hesitate to contact us should the need arise for further information.

Your faithfully,

please let me have ur comments thanks

ash786
BANNED

Re: thanks ash786

Post by ash786 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:51 pm

psw2009 wrote:thanks ash786 i spoke to home office and they have told me that i do need to have the letter from university as well saying that i have pass and degree will be issue in due course so i am really thankful to you for your guidance now i am going to ask the university for below letter could you please give me your comments about the below letter

Thanks
The layout of the letter is fine but there is no date mentioned for the final exam baord date. Its the final exam board date which should be in the letter. Its not the date when the letter was written, its the exam board date in the letter which will fulfill the requirement of the "DATE OF AWARD" attribute. For example, if in the uni letter it says that "you were presented to the exam baord on the 17th june 2009 where it was confirmed that u have passed all the requirements of the course and have been awarded the masters degree in............." SO your date of award would be 17th June 2009 which u college will need to use in the letter.

psw2009
Member of Standing

THANKS

Post by psw2009 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:02 pm

noted i am very thankful for all the support

regards,

psw2009
Member of Standing

Post by psw2009 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:49 am

ALLAHAMDULLIAH I GOT THE PSW VISA TODAY

I APPLIED ON 14-08-2009 IN PERSON
GOT THE PASSPORT BACK TODAY

THANKS ALOT TO FOR THE ADVICE

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:26 pm

Thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster! :D

Congratulations on putting in the time and effort with your course and working hard!

Thats a pretty damn good turn around time too! I wish all the Tiers were so good :cry:

ammeck09

Re: ALLAHAMDULLIAH I GOT THE VISA TODAY

Post by ammeck09 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:04 pm

psw2009 wrote:ALLAHAMDULLIAH I GOT THE PSW VISA TODAY

I APPLIED ON 14-08-2009 IN PERSON
GOT THE PASSPORT BACK TODAY

THANKS ALOT TO FOR THE ADVICE
Congrats