ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal from outside UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ukbaisdumb
Newly Registered

Appeal from outside UK

Post by ukbaisdumb » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:26 pm

Hi,

I was recently declined a PSW for an applictaion made in july for 2 reasons:
a) the HO could not confirm from the letter that I sent from the institution the date of my award (it was mentioned as date of graduation)
b) my bank statements covered a period of 12 weeks (3 months: may,june,july) with funds above 800 but were not sufficient for my case

now i have the right to appeal and would like to do so but from india rather than in-country. can someone please tell me if this is possible and what would the procedure be or where can i find definite information about it.

cheers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
(this is a very useful forum, it should be advertised on university websites)

ammeck09

Re: Appeal from outside UK

Post by ammeck09 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:54 pm

ukbaisdumb wrote:Hi,

a) the HO could not confirm from the letter that I sent from the institution the date of my award (it was mentioned as date of graduation)
b) my bank statements covered a period of 12 weeks (3 months: may,june,july) with funds above 800 but were not sufficient for my case

now i have the right to appeal and would like to do so but from india rather than in-country. can someone please tell me if this is possible and what would the procedure be or where can i find definite information about it.

cheers.

a) There is a guideline that the university letter must follow. If this is not adhered to, then one should expect rejection. Your university has not helped you at all, they should have consulted the policy guidance before issuing you the letter. You could have also helped if you have taken your time to read the guidance. Actually, graduation date is different from award date. I don't know if a new letter incorporating all the vital information will help your appeal since you are not allowed to introduce new evidence.

b) You should have specify the exact date your statement starts and ends, but going according to what you wrote above, it means you provided 12 wks of statement (which by calculation is 72 days), which falls short of the 90 or 91 days needed for the pws visa application

vinata

Post by vinata » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:27 pm

In-country appeal process takes on average 6-8 month, it is much logner for out-of-country applications. So, the whole process for you can stretch over 12 month. Therefore, I personally wouldn't recomend you to file for an appeal.

You can request a new letter from the university and also start saving £2,800 (as this figure is requried in your case), and then apply again in 3 month time or whenever your documents are ready. It will be more time efficient for you to do it that way. Good luck.

ukbaisdumb
Newly Registered

Post by ukbaisdumb » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:24 pm

a) There is a guideline that the university letter must follow. If this is not adhered to, then one should expect rejection. Your university has not helped you at all, they should have consulted the policy guidance before issuing you the letter. You could have also helped if you have taken your time to read the guidance. Actually, graduation date is different from award date. I don't know if a new letter incorporating all the vital information will help your appeal since you are not allowed to introduce new evidence.
----the university told me that the letter they provided me is the same they issue to everyone. it mentions the start/end date of my research, the result, the award and the date of graduation. my end date of research is within the 12 mnth period so the HO should be smart enough to figure the time when i completed my period
b) You should have specify the exact date your statement starts and ends, but going according to what you wrote above, it means you provided 12 wks of statement (which by calculation is 72 days), which falls short of the 90 or 91 days needed for the pws visa application
----12 weeks is equal to 84days. besides it does not state the 90 days. throughout the guidance it says three months immediately before the application date, which i still feel is ambiguous.

can anyone tell me the procedure to appeal against the decision out-of-country. what are the time limits for me to leave the UK and appeal from india.

thank you for your help.

ab041937
Newly Registered

Post by ab041937 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:46 pm

ukbaisdumb wrote:----the university told me that the letter they provided me is the same they issue to everyone. it mentions the start/end date of my research, the result, the award and the date of graduation. my end date of research is within the 12 mnth period so the HO should be smart enough to figure the time when i completed my period
The award date is the date on the letter you receive along with your marksheet. If you havn't received any such letter then you can confirm the date from the school where you graduated. It is the date that should be on the university letter.
ukbaisdumb wrote:----12 weeks is equal to 84days. besides it does not state the 90 days. throughout the guidance it says three months immediately before the application date, which i still feel is ambiguous.
The guideline states 3 months and not 90 days. It could be 91 or 92 days depending on the months that fall in between. I had my account maintained over 800 pounds for exact 90 days before making the application. But unfortunately there were month of march & may in between that had 31 days & hence the HO considered the statement for 92 days.
ukbaisdumb wrote:can anyone tell me the procedure to appeal against the decision out-of-country. what are the time limits for me to leave the UK and appeal from india.

thank you for your help.
You can make an appeal in any of the VFS centres in India. You will be required to leave UK voluntarily in 28 days. But, as a senior member has adviced it is not very intelligent to make an appeal. Appeal process takes a hell of long time & it would be mentally very taxing for you. Best would be to maintain 2800 pounds in an Indian account for 3 months and make a fresh application like most of us are doing. Hopefully, it will be allrite.

However, final decision is yours. I wish you all the best in whatever course you pursue.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:23 pm

ukbaisdumb wrote:Hi,

cheers.

1. If u were studied from a college then u need a award conformation letter from the university and the college will use that date in the college letter.
2. U need a letter from the college plus one from the university for award confrimation letter.
3. If u r given a right of appeal then go for it and just ask a award conformation letter from the university and ask the college to put that date in u letter and u will win the cas.
4. If u wana apply from bak home then u need to have £2800 and u wud also need to show that refusal in the letter.
5. There is a whole topic on this issue which i have explained in full details see "PSW2009" post for full explanation of this issue.
6. U can apply for PSW from u home country if u r making a initial application within 12 monthe of u qualification.