ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ICFN for PSW visa? and bank statements question!!!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gnpg

ICFN for PSW visa? and bank statements question!!!!!

Post by gnpg » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:00 pm

for section C9 on the PSW visa application it says I need a ICFN (Identity Card for Foreign Nationals) but I was told by one source that I can write that I entered the UK on July 2007 did not need one.
But on the border Agency website it says "This page explains the identity card you will have to apply for if you are applying for an extension of stay in the United Kingdom on or after 31 March 2009."

I have seen some previous posts and it looks like it's divided as the rule was made official with the date of 31 March, 2009...

I am applying for the PSW visa for the first time so does this count as "extending" my visa? Someone's posted that IGS to PSW applications don't need this ICFN (which includes the biometric stuff), then are all student visas part of the IGS scheme (I just graduated from my MA, they did give me till April 2010)

Do I need to get an ICFN if I am sending the application now nearly September? What is everyone else doing?

bank statements wise, I do not get monthly mailings from the bank as I chose not to. Will a printed out version from my online banking do the job ( did it myself at home, but I also have temp statements from the bank machines)?

ukbaisdumb
Newly Registered

Post by ukbaisdumb » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:51 pm

the HO has stopped issuing anymore ICFN(s). so for you to get it will be impossible.

as i understand that your last visa was a student visa then you should make an application for PSW as an initial visa and do not come under any transitional conditions or need to hold an ICFN (section C10 is provided to mention that ICFN was not required for you).

your case is straight forward, keeping in mind the following things:
a) you are a fresh graduate and will make an application for an initial PSW
b1) you hold £800 for three months (i suggest you keep if for more than 90 days and do not under any circumstances let it even fall to £799.99 so that you do not have to deal with difficulties later on) in your name as cash funds if you are applying with the UK or £2800 (same conditions) if outside UK
b2) request original copies of your bank statements for the three month period. do not (i repeat do not) send internet printouts or ATM printouts.
c) provide the appropriate letter from your Univ. stating the date you passed your course (PSW policy guidelines points 75-80)
d) provide original certificate of MA (if not read the guidelines carefully for the type of document that can substitue your original certificate)

if you do the above your application should be fine. you will find threads on what letter should your university provide you.

best of luck!

ammeck09

Re: ICFN for PSW visa? and bank statements question!!!!!

Post by ammeck09 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:04 pm

gnpg wrote:for section C9 on the PSW visa application it says I need a ICFN (Identity Card for Foreign Nationals) but I was told by one source that I can write that I entered the UK on July 2007 did not need one.
But on the border Agency website it says "This page explains the identity card you will have to apply for if you are applying for an extension of stay in the United Kingdom on or after 31 March 2009."

I have seen some previous posts and it looks like it's divided as the rule was made official with the date of 31 March, 2009...

I am applying for the PSW visa for the first time so does this count as "extending" my visa? Someone's posted that IGS to PSW applications don't need this ICFN (which includes the biometric stuff), then are all student visas part of the IGS scheme (I just graduated from my MA, they did give me till April 2010)

Do I need to get an ICFN if I am sending the application now nearly September? What is everyone else doing?

bank statements wise, I do not get monthly mailings from the bank as I chose not to. Will a printed out version from my online banking do the job ( did it myself at home, but I also have temp statements from the bank machines)?
I got my psw recently and no one ask me to provide biometric information. On the application form, pg 17 ICFN enclosed? just tick No; C10, state you don't have one.

On the maintenance funds, check pg 20-22 of the link below:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... dance1.pdf

gnpg

thank you

Post by gnpg » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:29 pm

thanks a lot for the info.
i will just go down to the bank and show them the guidelines and get the stamp myself!

ash786
BANNED

Re: ICFN for PSW visa? and bank statements question!!!!!

Post by ash786 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:26 pm

gnpg wrote:for section C9 on the PSW visa application it says I need a ICFN (Identity Card for Foreign Nationals) but I was told by one source that I can write that I entered the UK on July 2007 did not need one.

1. U wud only fill this section if u had an ICFN
2. U do not need to apply for ICFN before u apply for PSW.
3. I was in the same situation and i just said (NO) in this section and in the next question i said " I HAVE NEVER BEEN ISSUED WITH AN ICFN"
4. Read the guidence to see the requirements for online statements.