ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query About Irish Naturalization on the basis of Irish baby

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mono786
Newly Registered

Query About Irish Naturalization on the basis of Irish baby

Post by mono786 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:27 pm

Hello everybody !!!

I have my 8 month old baby who is Irish citizen beacuse of his mother, she is british citizen.
I got married in 2008, and I submitted my application for EU stamp 1 in dec 2008 and i got approval in june 2009 for 5 year.
Could any body advice me please on the basis of my Irish born child who is Irish citizen, Can I apply my naturalization ??
Because I heard about this statement.
"If you are of Irish descent or of Irish associations or are a parent or guardian applying on behalf of a minor child of Irish descent or Irish associations "

Thanks very much

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:01 pm

'descent' means YOU are a child of an irish national. It does not work the other way around. in order for you to qualify for naturalisation you will need to reside 5 years in the country before becoming eligible to apply.

''parent or guardian applying on behalf of a minor child of Irish descent or Irish associations " - that's about parents who want their children to get irish nationality

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: Query About Irish Naturalization on the basis of Irish b

Post by Ben » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:30 pm

"If you are of Irish descent or of Irish associations or are a parent or guardian applying on behalf of a minor child of Irish descent or Irish associations "
If having an Irish child constitutes being "of Irish associations", then you may be on to something.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:55 pm

benifa wrote:
If having an Irish child constitutes being "of Irish associations", then you may be on to something.
I concor Benifa. It can be argued on technical ground. The more I look at this the more I think INIS will inevitably have to clarify what constitute "Irish Asociation" or remove the "association" provision completely. Based on the info on their website, in the case of a minor, Irish assciation is defined as:
Section 16(2) defines Irish associations as meaning ‘related by blood affinity or adoption to a person who is an Irish citizen’.
Source: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/FM07000167

If the same definition applies to an adult, then they should be qualified.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:16 pm

Technically yes, however I think it would be a With youre child being Irish there is a link. Submit the application and see if it is accepted. The minister might waive the 5 year rule. You have nothing to lose by applying.
Good luck.

mono786
Newly Registered

Query regarding Irish naturalization

Post by mono786 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:51 pm

Tthanks very much for urs reply,If any body has the same case and they submitted their case on the same basis please discuss it.

Thanks guys

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:12 pm

I honestly don't think that link would work, otherwise all the parents of irish born children would have already been naturalised ahead of time and before those 5 years needed before the application. I would say half of the applicants for naturalisation have irish citizen children... however, everyone is still patiently waiting for their turn...

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:16 pm

yep I have Irish son, but my application is not fastracked. Im still waiting for them to ask me additional documents even.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:29 pm

smalltime wrote:yep I have Irish son, but my application is not fastracked. Im still waiting for them to ask me additional documents even.
Did you apply on the basis of your child being Irish? If you apply based on standard 5 years residency you application is assessed and processed as such. The contention here is wether an application will be accepted without meeting the required residency or even possibly fastracked (a la refuge applications) on the basis of being the parent of an irish child. I personally havent seen anyone gone through this route but hey this is Ireland, it might be worth exploring.

mono786
Newly Registered

Post by mono786 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:02 pm

Hi Smalltime

Can you discuss urs case plz? When u submitted ? what is urs resedency time period in Ireland ? On what Visa stamp you are?
When urs son got Irish citizenship. ?

Plz discuss it,

Thanks very much

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:20 pm

I applied for naturalisation on the basis of 5 years residence - working permit stamp 1. NOT on the basis of my Irish son

My baby got Irish citizenship because when he was born, I was here more than 3 years on stamp 1.

I applied LTR January 2008 and Naturalisation February 2008

Wednesday INIS contacted me by post, that my application for LTR is being processed.

Citizenship division told me they would probably ask me more docs middle September (nice lady on the phone)

mono786
Newly Registered

Post by mono786 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:25 pm

Thanks very much smalltime.

Belfastdevil
Newly Registered

Post by Belfastdevil » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:11 pm

So what happend did you get it on your child ?? It's not 5years have passed