ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Approval in country and EC out of country

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Developer

Approval in country and EC out of country

Post by Developer » Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:27 pm

Hello people,

Is it possible to get HSMP approval in country and EC (FLR) out of the country?

Cheers!

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:35 pm

Any particular reason you want to opt for that?

Last year someone had posted that in-country approval letters are for FLR only. He had recieved his in-country approval letter but could not switch because switching rules had changed from the time he applied to when he got apprived. . His EC was rejected based on the grounds that it was an in-country approval. He applied for HSMP all over again.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:08 pm

Link to a thread where this is discussed in depth

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ght=#15878

web2005

Post by web2005 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:17 am

Well... When I applied for HSMP in May this year I was here in UK on visitor's visa. I applied through an agent while here in UK. I had to go back to my country to get EC. ECO back home did not put any objection about if it was in country approval but I was getting EC out of country.

May be this doesn't make make any difference if you apply through agent from UK.

Hopefully someone here can correct me if I am wrong.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:56 am

You can be in the UK while you make an out of country application. It doesnt matter if you had an agent or not. For the purpose of your application, you permanent and correspondence address would have been overseas and it would be considered an out of country application and since your agent is in the UK, would have been sent back to him.

You can tell by the approval letter if it was considered in country or not. If it is in country, then it will be a black and white normal printout and the paper used will not be a watermark paper.

From the link I provided in the previous post, there was one guy for whom EC was granted and another for whom it was not, both having in-country approvals. That looks discretionary to me.

Markie

Post by Markie » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:07 am

It is clearly stated in the guidelines that an individual can apply for an out of country application while that person is in the UK (even on a visit visa). Correspondence will be sent to that person's home country address.

However, the EC application should be filed in his/her home country.
Applying for the EC whilst in the UK would mean outright rejection.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:33 pm

Applying for the EC whilst in the UK would mean outright rejection
That would be a criminal offence.

What developer is talking about is recieving his approvl in the UK and going back to his country and getting an EC there instead of an FLR in this country, for what ever reason, for example, he may not be allowed to switch in country.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:38 pm

mwazir wrote:
Applying for the EC whilst in the UK would mean outright rejection
That would be a criminal offence.

What developer is talking about is recieving his approvl in the UK and going back to his country and getting an EC there instead of an FLR in this country, for what ever reason, for example, he may not be allowed to switch in country.
Please review posts by "Rella"...for similar situation

..Hubby had to go through and extensive laborious and ludicrously exhobitant process...
Where there is a will there is a way.