ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax Credits and Indefinite Leave to Remain

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DRS1983

Tax Credits and Indefinite Leave to Remain

Post by DRS1983 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:01 pm

Hi all

Would be grateful if someone can help....

My husband is on a 2 year spouse visa, he is applying for his indefinite leave to remain. What I wanted to know was can I who is the British National and working be claiming child benefit and tax credits??

Thanks
D :!:

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:17 am

It will not have an effect on you applicatopn, so long as it is claimed by you, the person with the settlement status.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:40 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

priyadarshishah
Newly Registered

Post by priyadarshishah » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:57 pm

I am in the UK since five years on work permit and i just got ILR. i want to know that should i apply for benifts without affecting my citizenship process. And also Am i eligible for all type of benifits or not.

Please reply me as soon as possible.

Pisces

Post by Pisces » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:20 pm

priyadarshishah wrote:I am in the UK since five years on work permit and i just got ILR. i want to know that should i apply for benifts without affecting my citizenship process. And also Am i eligible for all type of benifits or not.

Please reply me as soon as possible.
After getting ILR you are entitled to claim any benefits, and this would not affect your citizenship process.

drumalou
Newly Registered

In the same boat

Post by drumalou » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:17 pm

Hi
Me and my husband are in a similar situation. I am a british national, we are married and his 2 year spouse visa runs out in April. We have a 3 year old and a baby together. I'm just coming to the end of my maternity. We both work part time. My husband is also studying and of course we both look after the kids. I claim child benefit for both children and we have a joint claim for tax credits. Our income is peanuts at the moment. How does this affect my husband's Indefinite Leave to Remain?? It is v unclear re tax credit's and public funds. Can anyone help
Thanks in advance

drumalou
Newly Registered

Post by drumalou » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:48 pm

Hello
me again!!
Also does anybody know if my husband is not successful with his ILR application will he automatically get an extension on his current spouse visa, or is that another separate application, and fee!

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:06 pm

drumalou wrote:Hello
me again!!
Also does anybody know if my husband is not successful with his ILR application will he automatically get an extension on his current spouse visa, or is that another separate application, and fee!
He won't get an automatic extension no.

drumalou
Newly Registered

Post by drumalou » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:25 pm

thanks
any advice re: my first post?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:59 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

chairmanoh
Newly Registered

Post by chairmanoh » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:47 pm

Hello all,

I have been married over 4 years to a British citizen and I got settlement visa (KOL REQD) in February 2012. We moved to the UK in April 2012. After 6 months of searching, I got a job in October 2012 and passed my LIUK test in October also.

I want to find out how and what is the process for me to obtain my ILR. What form should I use? What documents do I need to add? Can I post my application? What general advice do you have? Recall I was issued Settlement visa with (KOL REQD)

I hope you can help with this.

Thanks.