ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Hsmp Jr - Ilr Granted: Naturalization Clarification for Wife

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

khan102
Newly Registered

Hsmp Jr - Ilr Granted: Naturalization Clarification for Wife

Post by khan102 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:32 am

Dear all,

I have some confusion about applying for my wife naturalization... here is our situation.

We (me and my dependents, wife and daughter) were granted ILR on the basis of HSMP JR in June 09 with back dated letter Oct 2008.

I am clear on my application for naturalization where i will be applying in Oct 09. I have also find out from this forum that as my daughter was born in Dec 08, because of the back dated letter Oct 08, she was born after i deemed got ILR, i can apply for my daughter directly for British passport (please correct me of this is not the right process).

Now the actual confusion which require clarity is that my wife came here to UK in Feb 2007, when will she be eligible for naturalization application, can she apply with me in Oct 09 or she will have to wait till she complete 3 years in UK and then apply in Feb 2010?

I will highly appreciate if someone please clarify the above. Also if someone has same situation as mine can please share their experience.

thanks
Imran

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:53 am

She will have to wait until she has been in the UK at least 3 years (ie Feb 2010) assuming that you have been granted British citizenship by then.

Sten

Post by Sten » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:25 pm

The rule is - if child was born in the UK then when the main applicant gets ILR, the child can be naturalised .. so JR makes no difference here ..
Good luck !