ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ACCOMODATION

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SUNIL DITTO
Newly Registered

ACCOMODATION

Post by SUNIL DITTO » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:36 pm

HI ALL ,
MY COUSIN IS WILLING TO OFFER ME ACCOMODATION FOR ME & MY FAMILY DURING MY ENTIRE STUDY PERIOD OF 12 MONTHS IN UK. DO I STILL NEED TO SHOW EVIDENCE OF FUNDS FOR ACCOMODATION ?

PLEASE ADVICE ME. THANK YOU

omerabdul
Newly Registered

proof of accommodation

Post by omerabdul » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:41 pm

I have a 3 bed room house in the UK and I am willing to offer my cousin Sunil Ditto and his wife and his baby boy free accommodation during his study period.

What proof do I have to give him to support his application.

thanks for your assistance.

wait
- thin ice -

Post by wait » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:52 pm

tenency agreement shud be ok and ielats is not mandatory for student visa

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Re: ACCOMODATION

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:57 am

SUNIL DITTO wrote:HI ALL ,

MY COUSIN IS WILLING TO OFFER ME ACCOMMODATION FOR ME & MY FAMILY DURING MY ENTIRE STUDY PERIOD OF 12 MONTHS IN UK. DO I STILL NEED TO SHOW EVIDENCE OF FUNDS FOR ACCOMMODATION ?

PLEASE ADVICE ME. THANK YOU
Hi

Well get a letter from your cousin that you can live with him and also you need his property documents and if possible a report called property inspection report that property would not be over crowed.

I believe this would create complication,just get a visa letter that accommodation has been arranged by college so this would avoid all questions.Simple is that.

So in my option college accommodation is simple and best answer.

UK_Banned_Member

King_Khan

Post by King_Khan » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:59 am

Sunil, Im afraid you still have to show that you can meet your accommodation expenses BY YOURSELF as it is a requirement to obtain 10 points. And IELTS is still necessary although its not a requirement. Failure to meet these requirements can get ur visa application refused.

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:18 am

King_Khan wrote:Sunil, Im afraid you still have to show that you can meet your accommodation expenses BY YOURSELF as it is a requirement to obtain 10 points. And IELTS is still necessary although its not a requirement. Failure to meet these requirements can get ur visa application refused.
Hi

Yes you have to show that you have paid accommodation fee and IELTS is not necessary.

Khan would you point me to guideline where it is written that IELTS is necessary.

It is upto sponsor to assess your English ability not on home office.This is optional not mandatory.

UK_Banned_Member

SUNIL DITTO
Newly Registered

Post by SUNIL DITTO » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:20 am

Thanks for the reply . I have an unconditional offer letter from two different universities, one located in southampton & the other located in inner london.Can anyone suggest me how much is the maintenance requirement funds to be shown for myself , my dependents (wife & my 2 year old son ) for the two locations?. My course duration is 12 months in one among the universities & the other is 15 months. Pl advice me for how many months should i provide the bank statenmet of the maintenance funds ?

Awaiting your help on this . regards

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:27 am

SUNIL DITTO wrote:Thanks for the reply . I have an unconditional offer letter from two different universities, one located in southampton & the other located in inner london.Can anyone suggest me how much is the maintenance requirement funds to be shown for myself , my dependents (wife & my 2 year old son ) for the two locations?. My course duration is 12 months in one among the universities & the other is 15 months. Pl advice me for how many months should i provide the bank statenmet of the maintenance funds ?

Awaiting your help on this . regards
Hi

You are welcome.

For to show maintenance funds

7200pounds(£800X9)+1 year fee For London

5400Pounds(600X9)+1 year fee for Inner London

I would advise go for INNER London as you have to show less maintenance funds.

For dependent maintenance there is separate Tier 4 Guideline and I need few minuets to go into it.

UK_Banned_Member

King_Khan

Post by King_Khan » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:29 am

immigrationuk2009 wrote:

Khan would you point me to guideline where it is written that IELTS is necessary.

It is upto sponsor to assess your English ability not on home office.This is optional not mandatory.

UK_Banned_Member
Well, by saying that IELTS is necessary, i didn't mean that it is visa requirement. I just didn't want sunil to take chances. Since his location is Dubai, so ECO would most probably want to see evidence that he has command over english language. Even if an applicant is fluent in english and doesn't show IELTS results, the ECO can refuse his application on he grounds that he is NOT SATISFIED. So for making an application one should fill all the loopholes to get the visa without any refusals.

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:35 am

King_Khan wrote:
immigrationuk2009 wrote:

UK_Banned_Member
Well, by saying that IELTS is necessary, i didn't mean that it is visa requirement. I just didn't want sunil to take chances. Since his location is Dubai, so ECO would most probably want to see evidence that he has command over english language. Even if an applicant is fluent in english and doesn't show IELTS results, the ECO can refuse his application on he grounds that he is NOT SATISFIED. So for making an application one should fill all the loopholes to get the visa without any refusals.

Yes IELTS create good impression and is a plus point for not mandatory.

You need 40 points

30 for visa letter
10 for maintenance

If you have visa letter and according to tier4 requirement then you have no problem.Anyway I got your point.

UK_Banned_Member

SUNIL DITTO
Newly Registered

Post by SUNIL DITTO » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:22 am

Many thanks on the update reg the maintenace funds . I would highly appreciate if i get the update on the maintenance funds reqmt for my dependents aswell ( my wife & 2 yr old son ) . Also I have recieved an unconditional offer from university of greenwich for which the course duration is 15 months . so is it that i can show funds for 9 months period only , is that ok or i have to show the funds for the entire 15 months . Kindly advice me whether the university of greenwich falls in the category of inner london or london

King_Khan

Post by King_Khan » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:20 am

SUNIL DITTO wrote:Many thanks on the update reg the maintenace funds . I would highly appreciate if i get the update on the maintenance funds reqmt for my dependents aswell ( my wife & 2 yr old son ) . Also I have recieved an unconditional offer from university of greenwich for which the course duration is 15 months . so is it that i can show funds for 9 months period only , is that ok or i have to show the funds for the entire 15 months . Kindly advice me whether the university of greenwich falls in the category of inner london or london
Sunil, you just have to show funds for your 1st year's tuition fees plus 9 months maintenance expenses, whatever the length of your course is.

Here i make the calculations for you and your dependents for both Inside and Outside London. The tuition fees will remain same for both.

1. Assuming you will be studying inside london:

1. You............... 800
2. Your Wife...... 533
3. Your Kid.........533

800+533+533 = 1866 per month

1866 x 9 months = 16794

2. Assuming you will be studying outside london:

1. You............. 600
2. Your Wife.... 400
3. You Kid....... 400

600+400+400 = 1400 per month

1400 x 9 months = 12600

These calculations are for maintenance only. You just have to add your first year's tuition fee with any of these calculations to calculate the total amount that should be present in your bank account.

I hope it helps.

King_Khan

Post by King_Khan » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:27 am

For more information about UK Border Agency's dependant's policy follow the link >>>> Here <<<< . . . After clicking the link the policy will be downloaded to your computer.

All the best.

omerabdul
Newly Registered

Why 9 months?

Post by omerabdul » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:12 pm

thanks for all,

I am asking on behalf of Sunil. Why 9 months and not 12months when the couse is for 12 months and further 3 months for des. Is this normal?

is the below university campus in Inner London or outer London. I asked the University and I am getting various answers. some saying yes and some saying no. I will be grateful if anyone can help.

University of Greenwich
Old Royal Naval College
Park Row
Greenwich
London SE10 9LS

Many thanks,

Omer

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Re: Why 9 months?

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:19 am

omerabdul wrote:thanks for all,

I am asking on behalf of Sunil. Why 9 months and not 12months when the couse is for 12 months and further 3 months for des. Is this normal?

is the below university campus in Inner London or outer London. I asked the University and I am getting various answers. some saying yes and some saying no. I will be grateful if anyone can help.

University of Greenwich
Old Royal Naval College
Park Row
Greenwich
London SE10 9LS

Many thanks,

Omer

Hi

Yes my friend only for nine months even course is for 3 years.

This is according to TIer4 Guideline and home office has set maximum nine months maintenance.

Hope answer your question.

Here is link for complete guideline.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/study ... tudents/

King_Khan

Re: Why 9 months?

Post by King_Khan » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:57 am

omerabdul wrote: is the below university campus in Inner London or outer London.

University of Greenwich
Old Royal Naval College
Park Row
Greenwich
London SE10 9LS

Many thanks,

Omer
According to http://www.aboutmyvote.co.uk , the postcode of your university indicates that it is in London Borough of Greenwich. So it is located in inner london.

So the inner london costs should be calculated.

And yes, if the length of course is more than 1 year then only 9months maintenance cost should be calculated.

Hope it helps

SUNIL DITTO
Newly Registered

Post by SUNIL DITTO » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:52 am

hi khan, thanks for the update.

I went through the para 52 of PBS (dependents guidence )of the UK home office border agency guidelines.

It states a list of london boroughs which is considered as inner london category & the rest of the boroughs as outer london .

In that greenwich is not mentioned as a inner borough .

Kindly clarify please.

Regards

King_Khan

Post by King_Khan » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:48 am

SUNIL DITTO wrote:hi khan, thanks for the update.

I went through the para 52 of PBS (dependents guidence )of the UK home office border agency guidelines.

It states a list of london boroughs which is considered as inner london category & the rest of the boroughs as outer london .

In that greenwich is not mentioned as a inner borough .

Kindly clarify please.

Regards
My mistake, Greenwich is not listed in Inner London Boroughs so the 600 rate should apply to you. But for more reliability you should also confirm it from your university. Just give them a call and they will tell you right away.

Best of Luck

SUNIL DITTO
Newly Registered

Post by SUNIL DITTO » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:47 am

I have recieved a conditional offer letter from university of greenwich , for a PG course

It has been mentioned in the university offer letter that as recommanded by the UK Border Agency the maintenance requirement funds to be shown as 5400 Pounds .

I would like to clarify whether the university campus details mentioned below belongs to the inner london borough or outer london category.

As advised I called up the university to enquire regarding the issue , but am not getting a clear reply , some saying yes & some saying no bcos the university has four different campus in different locations

Anyone please update me if the university campus details mentioned below belongs to the inner london borough or outer london category.

University of Greenwich
The Business School
Old Royal Naval College
Park Row
Greenwich
London SE10 9LS

Kindly please clarify me on this regard.

Awaiting your reply. Thank you .

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:38 pm

SUNIL DITTO wrote:
I would like to clarify whether the university campus details mentioned below belongs to the inner London borough or outer London category.

As advised I called up the university to enquirer regarding the issue , but am not getting a clear reply , some saying yes & some saying no bcos the university has four different campus in different locations

Anyone please update me if the university campus details mentioned below belongs to the inner London borough or outer London category.

University of Greenwich
The Business School
Old Royal Naval College
Park Row
Greenwich
London SE10 9LS

Hi

Be careful with conditional offer of letter,check weather this would create a problem.For college location here is guideline from home office web site

Where you study will affect the amount of money you will need
Close

There are two different levels of monthly living costs. The level you will need to show will depend on where you will be studying in the United Kingdom.

You must show the higher level of monthly living costs if you will be studying in inner London.

You will be considered to be studying in inner London if the majority of your study (more than 50% of your study time) will be in any of the following London boroughs: Camden, City of London, Hackney, Hammersmith and Fulham, Haringey, Islington, Kensington and Chelsea, Lambeth, Lewisham, Newham, Southwark, Tower Hamlets, Wandsworth and Westminster.

If you are not studying in any of the inner London boroughs listed above you need to show the lower level of monthly living costs.

We will use the address given in your visa letter as proof of your main study site.

If you want to check the address, you can type the education provider's postcode into the About My Vote website.

Here is link for this
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/study ... ing-money/

This comes under OUTER London so you need to show £5400.

Check this post code from web site

http://www.aboutmyvote.co.uk/Default.aspx

Again condition offer needs to be careful as you can be refused.

UK_Banned_Member
[/u]

matrix
Newly Registered

Inner or out London College (Confussions)

Post by matrix » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:05 pm

Hi there,

I have just returned my documents back after almost 4 months waiting and my application was refused because they say "i had no enough founds on my account when i applied for my extension of student visa.

On my last statement on my account i had £1210 and in the explanation as a reason of refusal they said that i should of have more than £1600.

My college is in West Ealing with the post code W13 9BP. this is a London Borough of Ealing which is not listed in the list of boroughs which are considered as Inner London. ( UK Visas list)
But i can't find this list on the official Border Agency web site , i just found it on the ukvisas web site.

So, anyone with similar experience ???? And how i can i prove that is just confusion? and also i have now more than £1600 on my account?

I am planning to appeal and have a 5 days left but I just need assurance that this list of Inner London Borrows is valid and recognised that way by the Home Office.

In addition my colleagues from the college also had that amount of money as a had and they got their visas.

Any help will be very appreciated.

Thank You

matrix
Newly Registered

Post by matrix » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:12 pm

immigrationuk2009 wrote:
SUNIL DITTO wrote:
I would like to clarify whether the university campus details mentioned below belongs to the inner London borough or outer London category.

As advised I called up the university to enquirer regarding the issue , but am not getting a clear reply , some saying yes & some saying no bcos the university has four different campus in different locations

Anyone please update me if the university campus details mentioned below belongs to the inner London borough or outer London category.

University of Greenwich
The Business School
Old Royal Naval College
Park Row
Greenwich
London SE10 9LS

Hi

Be careful with conditional offer of letter,check weather this would create a problem.For college location here is guideline from home office web site

Where you study will affect the amount of money you will need
Close

There are two different levels of monthly living costs. The level you will need to show will depend on where you will be studying in the United Kingdom.

You must show the higher level of monthly living costs if you will be studying in inner London.

You will be considered to be studying in inner London if the majority of your study (more than 50% of your study time) will be in any of the following London boroughs: Camden, City of London, Hackney, Hammersmith and Fulham, Haringey, Islington, Kensington and Chelsea, Lambeth, Lewisham, Newham, Southwark, Tower Hamlets, Wandsworth and Westminster.

If you are not studying in any of the inner London boroughs listed above you need to show the lower level of monthly living costs.

We will use the address given in your visa letter as proof of your main study site.

If you want to check the address, you can type the education provider's postcode into the About My Vote website.

Here is link for this
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/study ... ing-money/

This comes under OUTER London so you need to show £5400.

Check this post code from web site

http://www.aboutmyvote.co.uk/Default.aspx

Again condition offer needs to be careful as you can be refused.

UK_Banned_Member
[/u]

Hi there,

I have just returned my documents back after almost 4 months waiting and my application was refused because they say "i had no enough founds on my account when i applied for my extension of student visa.

On my last statement on my account i had £1210 and in the explanation as a reason of refusal they said that i should of have more than £1600.

My college is in West Ealing with the post code W13 9BP. this is a London Borough of Ealing which is not listed in the list of boroughs which are considered as Inner London. ( UK Visas list)
But i can't find this list on the official Border Agency web site , i just found it on the ukvisas web site.

So, anyone with similar experience ???? And how i can i prove that is just confusion? and also i have now more than £1600 on my account?

I am planning to appeal and have a 5 days left but I just need assurance that this list of Inner London Borrows is valid and recognised that way by the Home Office.

In addition my colleagues from the college also had that amount of money as a had and they got their visas.

Any help will be very appreciated.

Thank You