ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

was794

Post by was794 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:45 pm

2036789 -

that email address is for some manage dude that works at gerrys offices in pakistan - my uncle said he will be able to get more information and possibly fast track the application !! dont think he will to happy about me posting it on this forum !! LOL
let me know if you get a reply from him - i sent him an email earlier today

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:00 pm

hey everyone,

my hubby applied on the 22nd June, so just a little bit behind you guys. Let us know if this Kash guy give you any more info.

softlogic20

Post by softlogic20 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:25 am

Hi Was794,

How Gerry’s people can help us in this. They can maximum tell us that if passport is with them or not else they can’t do anything. As its BHC that is taking long to decide the case. Gerry is just carrier that takes and delivers back passports/docs.
Please do update us what he replied and by the way I wonder what you asked him ?

Thanks and Best regards,
Kash

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:55 am

Hi All,

My wife called Gerry's yesterday to try and get more info about her application, what a waste of time. There information is so inconsistent, the guy on the phone advised my wife her application is at BHC Islamabad, when she queried aint the settlement visa applications sent to the UK, he replied advising they go to London, Abu Dhabi and Islamabad and she asked how long is it likely to take, he advised it takes 16 weeks due to the checks they do.

The email i recieved from UKHUB.PAKISTANGeneralEnquiries@fco.gov.uk, advised a turn around of 12 weeks, so they do seem to give inconsistent information.

Anyone experience the same?
Regards,

Baz

Post by 2036789 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:36 am

bazzy_1 wrote:Hi All,

My wife called Gerry's yesterday to try and get more info about her application, what a waste of time. There information is so inconsistent, the guy on the phone advised my wife her application is at BHC Islamabad, when she queried aint the settlement visa applications sent to the UK, he replied advising they go to London, Abu Dhabi and Islamabad and she asked how long is it likely to take, he advised it takes 16 weeks due to the checks they do.

The email i recieved from UKHUB.PAKISTANGeneralEnquiries@fco.gov.uk, advised a turn around of 12 weeks, so they do seem to give inconsistent information.

Anyone experience the same?
Bazzy which vac did u apply at
MM

S4INT

Post by S4INT » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:46 am

Hello Bazzy

This is something we have all experienced.

The process for settlement is that all applications are sent to the UK where they are processed and then sent back to Pakistan – once they are received Gerry hand out the passport and or documents.

With Visit visas I think these are also sent overseas to be processed but to Abu Dhabi.

Gerry Staff only see were the application is e.g. with Islamabad BHC – who then send these out to Overseas Operation Centres (OC) so can not determine if it’s a visit visa or settlement that has been applied as both have the same format e.g. ISL 040609/ XXXXXX -1

Just hang in there and hopefully we will all hear the good news.

2036789 – Our time is close, my wife applied the same date as your at the same centre ISL on 040609 ( lets hope for the best) they usually update on a Friday so we might know tomorrow or early next week.

Regards

S4INT

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:46 am

Hi 2036789

My wife applied at the Karachi VAC.
Regards,

Baz

RM786

Post by RM786 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:16 pm

Hi all,

I sent my wifes appeal for refusal of spousal visa on the 24th july 09, e-mailed them on the 12th august asking weather they received it they replied with "We confirm your appeal has been received and your case will be dealt with in due course"its now the 27th August and nothing yet. Its been over 1 month and i am not happy honestly it is starting to stress me out again i have been so patient over 3 whole months but these guys are just taking the piss. I havent seen my wife for 5 months. Can anybody advise me on how i can get them to move their back sides?????????????

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:23 pm

RM786 wrote:Hi all,

I sent my wifes appeal for refusal of spousal visa on the 24th july 09, e-mailed them on the 12th august asking weather they received it they replied with "We confirm your appeal has been received and your case will be dealt with in due course"its now the 27th August and nothing yet. Its been over 1 month and i am not happy honestly it is starting to stress me out again i have been so patient over 3 whole months but these guys are just taking the piss. I havent seen my wife for 5 months. Can anybody advise me on how i can get them to move their back sides?????????????
Hi,

Have you considered talking to your MP at all, maybe he/she can have a word with home office to advise you of a guideline or possible timescale.

Also its Ramadhan so pray to Allah (SWT).
Regards,

Baz

RM786

Post by RM786 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:30 pm

hi Bazzy,

I have been to see my MP he wrote me a letter of support which i sent of to them but i think i will go back to him and tell him they are just taking to long and i am in the dark with all of it. Maybe he will contact them and tell them to get a move on. Thanks for the advice i am praying and making duas to be reunited with my wife inshallah very soon.

thankyou

aisha
Newly Registered

Post by aisha » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:10 pm

hi everyone,
i have been going through the forum, just to inform iam also waiting for since mar 09,
i applied from khi, ukhub told me that the decision was made in mar, pls contact vac but there has been no cooperation from vac, everytime i ring them same ans ur application is still in process, my husband has contacted mp, he said its not necessary for my husband to him, we emailed mp all the details , he said he has sent emails to visa offices , as soon as they get a reply they will contact us,
any suggestion , much appreciated.

RM786

Post by RM786 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:47 pm

Hi Aisha,

If UKhub have said your application has been processed then most likely it has. Why you have not heard anything for so long is very strange and unacceptable. I think your MP's E-mails to the visa offices will get a positive response. So just hang in there until they give him a reply. I do hope after all this wait your visa has been given.

Thanks

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:27 pm

aisha wrote:hi everyone,
i have been going through the forum, just to inform iam also waiting for since mar 09,
i applied from khi, ukhub told me that the decision was made in mar, pls contact vac but there has been no cooperation from vac, everytime i ring them same ans ur application is still in process, my husband has contacted mp, he said its not necessary for my husband to him, we emailed mp all the details , he said he has sent emails to visa offices , as soon as they get a reply they will contact us,
any suggestion , much appreciated.
Hi Aisha,

Next month with be 6 months then if you applied in March. Inshallah you will get a response before that. But the fact you submitted your application from Karachi, (same as my wife) does not give me much optimism of hearing anything some time soon for my wifes application. If i had to wait 6 months then im looking December, but as i posted earlier i have been advised of 12 - 16 by ukhub and gerry's. Which i hope is a true reflection.
So all we can do is pray to Allah (SWT)

By the way it you TB test still valid or has it expired? (As they may contact you to get it renewed from what i hear)

I found these details on http://ukinpakistan.fco.gov.uk/en

British High Commission, Islamabad, Pakistan
British High Commission
Diplomatic Enclave
Ramna 5
P O Box 1122
Islamabad

Telephone: 00 92 51 201 2000

Has anyone tried calling them, i cant yet as 12 weeks have not passed for my wifes application. Aisha maybe you can try these guys.
Regards,

Baz

RM786

Post by RM786 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:03 pm

British High Commission, Islamabad, Pakistan
British High Commission
Diplomatic Enclave
Ramna 5
P O Box 1122
Islamabad

Telephone: 00 92 51 201 2000

Hi these guys cant tell you anything. All applications for settlement go to london uk. If you call the number youll be put through to the receptionist who will then put you through to gerry's. If you ask him to put you through to someone that can help. He will reply i havent got authority they are not taking phone calls.

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:35 pm

Hi RM786,

I take it you have tried that option before then, What the Gerry's guy told my wife yesterday is the application does go to London but then comes back to BHC Islamabad, he told her that her application is in BHC Islamabad at the moment. As i said in an earlier post they are very contradicting of each other at Gerry's. They post one thing of there website and say somthing else on the phone. I think they just try and get rid of the call by saying what ever they like at the call centre.

In the end you dont know what to believe.
Regards,

Baz

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:59 pm

hi bazzy

I called gerrys last week to ask about my husbands application its been 10 weeks, they said exactly the same thing..that the docs have come bk from UK to islamabad, and i should hear something soon!!!...I then called gerrys again this week, andthe adcisor said that they have no information like i was given last week, that its impossible for advisors to know these details!!!!!, i felt like banging my head against a wall!!! it means i was lied to last week!!!, you are right we are given contradicting info!!!!, so unprofessional,

I have actually written a complaint to gerrys on there feedback address. The funny thing is they claim that they will respond to you within 2 days....what a load of bull****, excuse my language, not very ladylike i know...but the circumstances are driving me mad!!!. So anyway noone has got back to me.

Its all a load of rubbish what they state, i dnt belive anyone not Gerrys not BHC. Just gotta hope on good luck and destiny!!!

aisha
Newly Registered

Post by aisha » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:42 pm

Hi Bazzy_1,
thanku for ur advise, very scary though, let me tell u guys story from the beginin,
i have been chasin my app since jun 09 as my 12 weeks were completed, i was given 2 months processin time from the day i submit my app.
i emailed isl , they said app sent to abudhabi, i emailed abudhabi , they said ur app is not logged in , when i asked them 3 months n not logged in , what does that mean, they replied it takes time,
i emailed them again after one week no reply ,
then i caled them they said ur app does not exist here
then called them 2nd day after speakin to gerry's they said ur biometrics have prob we havnet processed ur app, gerry's will cal u soon for rebiometrics, then my husband went mental when i told him the story, then my husband rang them next day , they said we dont process settlement app here.
after 15 day i emailed them again, after 15 days they replyd, ur app sent to uk hub, when i emailed uk hub they said ur decision was made in mar
i emailed abudhabi , isl, ukhub again for more details no reply has been given at all.
ridiculous service.

during this period i also found out from abudhabi embassy that our passports stay in isl and our papers go for processin abroad.
so i think the backlog is with isl not with abudhabi or gerrys.
my tb test expired in aug, if my decision was made in mar then y would they need my valid tb test. they expired it.
May Allah help us all who are going through these visa probs. only person who is envolved can understand the situation.
Please guys pray for me too, iam going through an extraordinary probs.

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:48 pm

Hi Sahdi,

I just don't understand why they cannot tell the truth, i don't think they will be getting commission for the info they give. The just try and fob the applicant off. Shody service for £585

To make it worse they told my wife we cannot give u a number for BHC, but they decided to give her an email address for Abu dhabi, i thought what good is that if the application is either in London or Islamabad.

And destiny bought u and ur loved one together so inshallah Allah (SWT)will do best. Just pray to Allah (SWT)

Aisha,

I have heard if the TB test expires they can contact you to get it renewed as you will need a valid TB test to travel to the UK.
Last edited by bazzy_1 on Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,

Baz

aisha
Newly Registered

Post by aisha » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:50 pm

hi RM786,
thankyou for ur duas, i really hope all goes well, isl have not been helpful at all, no ans on numbers bazzy gave me, they clearly know they have made a huge backlog for applications,
my mp emailed them ten days ago. i think they have stopped listenin to mps too.
hope for the best.
ALLAH (SWT) help us

RM786 wrote:Hi Aisha,

If UKhub have said your application has been processed then most likely it has. Why you have not heard anything for so long is very strange and unacceptable. I think your MP's E-mails to the visa offices will get a positive response. So just hang in there until they give him a reply. I do hope after all this wait your visa has been given.

Thanks

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:56 pm

Hi Aisha,

Depends what time you called them. Their opeing hours are GMT:
Mon-Thurs: 0300-1115; Fri: 0300-0800
Local Time:
Mon-Thurs: 0800-1615; Fri: 0800-1300

But there again i cant say if the number is correct as i havent tried calling them.
Regards,

Baz

salmaniftekhar
Newly Registered

Has anybody recieved there settlement recently

Post by salmaniftekhar » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:08 pm

Hi i was wondering has anyone recently been approve of their settlement visa if so can you let me know how it happened, my wife applied 6 weeks ago i know some people have said there apps are waiting over 12 weeks but i would like to know what is the quickest anybody has been accepted recently.

Kind Regards
Salman Iftekhar

aisha
Newly Registered

Post by aisha » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:10 pm

bazzy_1
i called them in office hrs , isl dono want to talk to you at all, as soon as the operator hears any word visa from caller, he quickly diverts it to recording of gerry's.

my tel conversation was only with abudhabi, but they were useless too.
bazzy_1 wrote:Hi Aisha,

Depends what time you called them. Their opeing hours are GMT:
Mon-Thurs: 0300-1115; Fri: 0300-0800
Local Time:
Mon-Thurs: 0800-1615; Fri: 0800-1300

But there again i cant say if the number is correct as i havent tried calling them.
Last edited by aisha on Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

was794

Post by was794 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:11 pm

Good luck trying to get through to them over the phone !! even then you wont get any other information from them except to wait another 7-77 weeks!!!
All settlement (SPOUSE) applications are processed in the UK They have moved the processing offices from London to Liverpool.

RM786

Post by RM786 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:19 pm

Hi Aisha,

I personally think you are wasting your time with BHC Islamabad. Contact Ukhub London. Tell them what has happened so far about the fact that your application apparently has been processed in march, ask them why you have not heard anything for months if it was already processed. Ask your MP to not send E-mails and send a letter direct to the Home office. HO will then chase up your case hopefully. It is completely and utterly disgusting the fact that they claim to have processed your application such a long time ago and for you to have not heard anything as of yet.

aisha
Newly Registered

Post by aisha » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:48 pm

hi RM786,
i emailed them twice , they replied we have forwarded your email to bhc isl and asked them to contact u urgently, i have even complained them that they are not replying on this matter at all.
iam helpless here i really cant do anything.
my mp said he has written to visa people, but he didnt mention was it in paper form or email.
all i can do is pray to ALLAH
regards

RM786 wrote:Hi Aisha,

I personally think you are wasting your time with BHC Islamabad. Contact Ukhub London. Tell them what has happened so far about the fact that your application apparently has been processed in march, ask them why you have not heard anything for months if it was already processed. Ask your MP to not send E-mails and send a letter direct to the Home office. HO will then chase up your case hopefully. It is completely and utterly disgusting the fact that they claim to have processed your application such a long time ago and for you to have not heard anything as of yet.