ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Nationality Application Filed at Haringey NCS

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yorkking

hi

Post by yorkking » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:21 am

No, it say sto participate in the ceremony and return the certificate for amendments. I am worried because of the possible delay and waiting time.
yk

Joseph
Member of Standing

Post by Joseph » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:24 am

yorkking
Sorry to welcome you to our special club! :roll: User founded it a few months ago and you and I have joined so far. I suppose that with 500+ applications every working day, the Home Office is bound to make errors. The only consolation (at least from my side) is that it happened to my wife, who has no immediate travel plans and still has dual nationality.
Oops! Joseph! I really wished I was the last one that suffered that spelling mistake! Anyway...

This is what I did to get the correction done ASAP, otherwise it would normally take anywhere up to 3 months.

1. Attend the ceremony and take the certificate.
2. Come home and write a brief letter describing the spelling mistake, attaching as much information as possible to prove it is certainly the HO's spelling mistake and not a fault of yours.
Also ensure you attach a copy of the relevant pages of the naturalisation application - this would also prove that the mistaks was Ho's.

3. Add a note in the letter requesting for quick processing of the correction - I did that and also wrote a short note as to why i need to apply for my british passport ASAP - in my case i had automatically lost my Indian citizensip and hence could not use my existing Indian passport + the UK ILR in it, if i had to travel (business reasons).

4. Send out the letter + tthe Naturalisation certificate - i would advise, by Speacial delivery (I did the next day 9 AM service) - so we have a proof of posting this out to HO.

5. Wait for a couple of days - i would suggeest about 10 working days and give them a call and chase up your application and again re-iterate your need for quick processing of the correction request.

6. And wait in the hope of recieving the corrected certificate back

It took about 3-4 weeks in all, for my certificate to get corrected (if i remember correctly).

Good luck and nice to know you are now British (and American and Brazilian)

Ta!

regards.
As User describes above, you really can't do anything until you attend the ceremony and get the certificate. If you do what he suggests after attending the ceremony, you might get a replacement in 3 to 4 weeks, provided that you can show documents proving that the mistake was theirs and not yours.

When is your ceremony? Mine is late November, so I won't be able to provide any first-hand feedback until then.

Joseph

yorkking

hi

Post by yorkking » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:38 am

I am planning to have a ceremony arranged next week - private one. The mistake is on my wife's certificate.
They have asked a copy of the passport and/or birth certifcate.
My questions are:
would a photocopy of the passport do?
does it need to be attested - i mean attested every page?
should it be attested by the Solicitor or can it be done, say by INland Revenue - i know the local IR office did it for me once - took a photocopy and attested every page and gave me - ?
m prob is similar to the user - once u take oath, u lose indian citizehship immediately and technically ur indian passport is invalid and u r in a limbi till u get ur UK passport.
any advice will be appreciated on my ques. above.
regards,
yk

Joseph
Member of Standing

Post by Joseph » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:59 am

yorkking

Please read the exchange of posts between User and me last weekend on this string. We talk about this very issue regarding copies of supporting documents. Certified copies are not needed because they already have them on file. All you need from the passport is the data page showing the correct spelling of the name. They can refer to the full copy on file if they want to. It is important to include a copy of the application page showing that your wife's name was correctly spelled on the application.

Make sure you point out in the cover letter your unique predicament because of losing Indian nationality and the fact your wife has future travel requirements and needs a passport. You can write the letter now and make the supporting copies and address the envelope so that you will be ready to post the certificate special deliver the day of the ceremony. Actually, the letter should be in your wife's name since she is an adult applicant. Make a copy of the certificate for yourselves before you send it.

Good luck with your ceremony and let us know how it goes. I'll be doing the same thing in a month's time.

Joseph

Joseph
Member of Standing

Post by Joseph » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:04 pm

yorkking
I noticed you had the ceremony and got your passport, but I was curious about the status of your wife's certificate, whether it has been corrected yet.
Best regards
Joseph

yorkking

hi

Post by yorkking » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:38 pm

sorry, i was to update this!!!
i sent out my wife's certificate the same day of the ceremony using spl. delivery.
when i tried to follow-up after a couple of days, the agent on the other end of the phone did not give me a friendly reply at all and could not indicate any timescales - i felt it was a bit arrogant tone - 'people are waiting for months and years to get the naturalisation and you have got in less than 10 days' kind of speak!!!
i approached my local MP thru email. he was kind enough to forward a copy of my memo to HO. the issue got resolved in a week's time. in fact, my MP sent me a copy of the letter recd. by him where it stated that my case would be resolved within 7 days.
so, it is solved now!!!!!!!! my wife has got a replacement certificate!!! spl. thanks to my local MP!!!!!!

Joseph
Member of Standing

Post by Joseph » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:54 pm

yorkking

Thank you very much for the feedback. I'm glad that everything ended well.

Given your and User's experiences, I'm thinking that I will have to follow the MP route as well. I will wait a few days and make the call to the nationality helpline (if I can get through!) to get the same nasty feedback. Then I'll call my MP.

I guess it's a good way for the newly-elected MP in our district to score points with a new constituent! In our case (non Commonwealth) we are not voters until we get the certificate and we are even from from the same party!

Joseph

Newly Registered

Post by 05448409 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:38 pm

yorkking wrote:Rogerio,
how long did your process take and what was ur experience in terms of waiting time?
YK

Joseph
Member of Standing

Post by Joseph » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:06 pm

My experience was an 8-week wait after I returned the certificate to Liverpool in early December. I did not use my MP, I just sent it back special delivery with a cover letter and a copy of the first page of the application and the birth certificate. Since my wife did not have to travel, it wasn't a big deal. They sent the new certificate recorded delivery.
Joseph

jbb

documents require for naturalisation application with NCS

Post by jbb » Wed May 24, 2006 4:49 pm

Hi All,

Do one need to show educational degree certificates also with the application?

Many thanks,
Last edited by jbb on Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Wed May 24, 2006 5:50 pm

I don't want to appear unhelpful, but have you actually looked at the fees leaflet and the guidance notes accompanying the application form? Don't they answer these questions?
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

jbb

Post by jbb » Thu May 25, 2006 11:24 am

guideline says look at the fees leaflet but the website is so slow
Last edited by jbb on Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bbdivo
Member of Standing

Post by bbdivo » Thu May 25, 2006 1:02 pm

jbb wrote:hi ppron747

guideline says look at the fees leaflet but the website is so slow hence the question.

You are really very helpful..
Web site is slow but it does work, have you tried in the evenings, it is fine in the evenings.