ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pro Rating the Earnings!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ozzee
Newly Registered

Pro Rating the Earnings!

Post by Ozzee » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:25 am

Hello,

Does the country of residence matter if you are claiming points for past earnings?
I have worked 6.5 Months in another country where i was residence, now i am back to my home country and i am applying to HSMP from here, I am pro rating my Salary from my previous country of residence, so should i do it for that countries Income band or the country i am resident of right now?

BR,
Ozzee

EJ

Post by EJ » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:27 pm

I suppose it depends whether you were seconded to your second company from your home company. If this is the case then you can only use your home country's income band for calculating the your earnings. I am not quite sure how you would pro-rate earnings if you really did work for different organisations in the two countries though.

Ozzee
Newly Registered

Post by Ozzee » Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:16 pm

Hello EJ,

well i have not been seconded, this is another company i am working with outside my home country,

can i pro rate this earning?

EJ

Post by EJ » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:53 am

Hi Ozzee, I suspect you could, but I think you will have to be able to show that you have earned the required minimum in each country independently from the other. Thus if you earned £8,000 in country A for six months, £16,000 should be over the required minimum income band for country A, and similarly for country B.