ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous Earnings Confusion with Net & Gross Salary

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

maverick0422
Newly Registered

Previous Earnings Confusion with Net & Gross Salary

Post by maverick0422 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:38 pm

I am planning to submit payslips from my employer and salary account bank statement for the purpose of evidence for previous earnings (12 months).

My Pay slips show gross and net salary. My net salary is what is getting reflected in bank statements. Should I claim points on basis of sum of gross salary or sum of net salary for these 12 months?

I am confused because of the following clause given in page 24 of the Tier1 General Guidance 310309:

"139. The applicant must provide at least two different types of supporting document for each source of earnings claimed. Each piece of supporting evidence must be from a separate source and support all the other evidence so that together they clearly prove the earnings claimed."

So as per the above, I don’t have two documents to prove my gross earnings since my gross salary is mentioned only in the payslips and not in the bank statement.

What should I do. Please advice.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Previous Earnings Confusion with Net & Gross Salary

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:55 pm

maverick0422 wrote:I am planning to submit payslips from my employer and salary account bank statement for the purpose of evidence for previous earnings (12 months).

My Pay slips show gross and net salary. My net salary is what is getting reflected in bank statements. Should I claim points on basis of sum of gross salary or sum of net salary for these 12 months?

I am confused because of the following clause given in page 24 of the Tier1 General Guidance 310309:

"139. The applicant must provide at least two different types of supporting document for each source of earnings claimed. Each piece of supporting evidence must be from a separate source and support all the other evidence so that together they clearly prove the earnings claimed."

So as per the above, I don’t have two documents to prove my gross earnings since my gross salary is mentioned only in the payslips and not in the bank statement.

What should I do. Please advice.
You need evidence from two separate source to prove your saalry.You have to use gross salary i.e. before tax and deduction, for your earning calculations.
Last edited by ChetanOjha on Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maverick0422
Newly Registered

Post by maverick0422 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:05 pm

chetanojha, thanks very much for clearing my confusion.

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:28 am

bear in mind any earning you are claiming will be GROSS and any earning you are corroborating with payslips & bankstatment will be NET.

Nona

2 sources for gross salary

Post by Nona » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:31 pm

Do you now have 2 sources to support the "Gross" Salary? What are they?

I am in the same boat! I have 2 sources to support Net - Payslips and Bank Statement. But only one source to support "Gross"-Payslips. Income Tax Returns does not match with the Earnings period.

Nona

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: 2 sources for gross salary

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:55 pm

Nona wrote:Do you now have 2 sources to support the "Gross" Salary? What are they?

I am in the same boat! I have 2 sources to support Net - Payslips and Bank Statement. But only one source to support "Gross"-Payslips. Income Tax Returns does not match with the Earnings period.

Nona
one source for the Gross earnings is enough (Payslips are good choice)...

Nona

Thanks Guru!

Post by Nona » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:07 pm

You guys are doing a neat job!