ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(M) supporting docs

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

TheApprentice
Newly Registered

SET(M) supporting docs

Post by TheApprentice » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:55 pm

Hi,

My wife is about to apply for indefinite leave to remain under the SET(M) as my spouse. They have asked for 6 docs spread over the two year period and evidence of finances. So how much is enough to count as evidence of finances? I have got together the following:

passports x2
marriage cert
her life in the UK test cert
bank statements for entire 2 years for her and for me
joint account bank statements for entire 2 years
payslips for entire 2 years for her and for me
electricity bill statements in joint names for entire 2 years
Tenancy agreements in joint names for entire 2 years
council tax statements in joint names for entire 2 years
NHS medical cards for her and for me
her full UK driving licence
her car insurance document

I know this is way more documents than we actually have been asked for, but I am trying to cover all bases. I would appreciate any comments on whether this is too much (I don't want to be penalised because it only asks for 6 documents and I was just trying to be extra careful and it is not clear on how much to supply as evidence of finances, which is separate from the 6 docs)?

By the way we are applying in person (it would cost a fortune to send all this in the post!)

Many Thanks for any help

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:14 am

The checking officer at the PEO definately won't need bank statements and pay slips for the entire 2 years. The last 6 months maximum for both.
For Spouse ILR applications, the focus is on evidence that the marriage is subsisting rather than finance.

mirnat

Post by mirnat » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:25 pm

My husband applied for ILR by post in February this year. We supplied bank statements and payslips for the entire 2 year period and also Tenancy Agreements for the entire 2 years. The other letters/documents - we provided 8 made up of telephone bills, car insurance, NHS, joint travel insurance and a couple of other things I can't remember.

My husband got his ILR 5 weeks later and there was no question of being penalised for sending too many documents and they returned all the documents to us.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:51 pm

It's not a question of being penalised by sending too many documents.
This is an application at a PEO, and the checking officer generally ask for the documents to be put into separate year piles, for them to select which ones they want.
As the SET(M) application only asks for 3 months of bank statements and 6 months of payslips, they won't want to wade through 48 statements.
It's overkill.
Additional documents showing proof of address would be preferable, although not essential.

TheApprentice
Newly Registered

Post by TheApprentice » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:23 pm

Thanks for everyone's comments. I can't see anything in the form stating that they only need 3 months of bank statements and 6 months of payslips, but maybe I should reduce it down as I have council tax bills, tenancy agreements and electricity bills in joint names for the full two years anyway (these are for the quarter or every 6 months, so there are not 24 bills for each of these), like you say it is a bit overkill.

Cheers