ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Late entry into UK after Tier-1. Problems?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

theroyale

Late entry into UK after Tier-1. Problems?

Post by theroyale » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:56 pm

My tier-1 visa began on February 1, 2009. I am still to go to the UK; I will be leaving only in September. I know that the rules do not state an entry-time, but are there problems/questions asked at Heathrow in such cases? Does anyone have/know of any such experiences?

Thanks!

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:12 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

theroyale

Post by theroyale » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:21 am

Thank you for the links to previous discussions - so the rules are clear. There is no minimum timeframe within which you have to enter the UK on a Tier-1. However I am wondering specifically if there are any questions asked about the delay in entry at Heathrow airport? Does anyone already in the UK have actual experience of this?

theroyale

Post by theroyale » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:02 am

so the rules are clear. There is no minimum timeframe within which you have to enter the UK on a Tier-1. However I am wondering specifically if there are any questions asked about the delay in entry at Heathrow airport? Does anyone already in the UK have actual experience of this?
<Bump!>

Anyone?

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:38 am

Not really.They r happy if u arrive late (or dont come at all).
Now a days in even my office, my collegues ask me "why dont you go back to your country??" ..This is after 2 rounds of layoffs and i was not part of that (fortunately/unfortunately ?)

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Post by confusedhsmp » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:45 am

ashishashah wrote:Not really.They r happy if u arrive late (or dont come at all).
Now a days in even my office, my collegues ask me "why dont you go back to your country??" ..This is after 2 rounds of layoffs and i was not part of that (fortunately/unfortunately ?)
Dont let them get away with such a remark. It can be considered dearly beloved.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:05 am

confusedhsmp wrote:
ashishashah wrote:Not really.They r happy if u arrive late (or dont come at all).
Agree. You should talk to your line manager about this. Register polite official greivance. Nobody has any right to tell you that. You are in this country legally. Others have no right to tell you that.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:38 am

theroyale wrote:Thank you for the links to previous discussions - so the rules are clear. There is no minimum timeframe within which you have to enter the UK on a Tier-1. However I am wondering specifically if there are any questions asked about the delay in entry at Heathrow airport? Does anyone already in the UK have actual experience of this?
The immigration officer "MAY" ask where do you work? becos u r on tier1(g) they may even dont ask u this..
have ur TB Medical report handy with x-ray..

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:50 am

Thanks..But they(collegues) have already left/asked to leave the organisation.
Next time , i will definately report

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Post by confusedhsmp » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:57 am

ashishashah wrote:Thanks..But they(collegues) have already left/asked to leave the organisation.
Any future action is against organization not collegue. Its the failure of management that lets some people opt to choose such langauge.

In any case make notes of such events in your diary for future use ;)

theroyale

Post by theroyale » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:35 am

Thank you for the links to previous discussions - so the rules are clear. There is no minimum timeframe within which you have to enter the UK on a Tier-1. However I am wondering specifically if there are any questions asked about the delay in entry at Heathrow airport? Does anyone already in the UK have actual experience of this?

The immigration officer "MAY" ask where do you work? becos u r on tier1(g) they may even dont ask u this..
have ur TB Medical report handy with x-ray..

I entered the UK a couple of weeks. Happy to report that there were no questions asked at Immigration about late entry. The officer did say "Tier 1 General, so do you have a job lined up?". To which I said No, and he went right ahead and stamped my passport - no further questions.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:41 am

If I were you I would have taken this matter ahead even if they were joking as It ain't funny. We all are working here because we have ability to work and we have shown and proved it so what are they all about. :twisted:

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:42 am

ashishashah wrote:Thanks..But they(collegues) have already left/asked to leave the organisation.
in that case you should have given him a f*** OFF tablet :wink:

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:21 am

be polite with air port officer otherwise they have powers to stop u at border line on ground of aggrasive behaviour.

and u r out for all

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:25 am

well I thought we were talking about WORK COLLEAGUES here and not the immigration office.

One of the fellows above has been asked by his work mate "why don't you go to your own country" which I think wasn't an appropriate thing to say and my comments were related to that post.

I always say GIVE RESPECT TO GET RESPECT

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:57 pm

You guys over-reacting about a comment such as "why don't you go back to your own country?"

Did the guys mean it in a dearly beloved/threatening manner? Or were they just asking about in a manner you would ask someone while talking about missing their home.

Every time the weather is really bad, everyone in my office ask me "what are you doing in this country?" because they know I come from a place where the weather is very nice most of the year.

That is not a dearly beloved comment unless it is said threateningly and don't make a big issue about something that is said in jest.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:13 pm

confusedhsmp wrote:
How do you know it's dearly beloved and not a general question? With the job market in its current climate it's a pretty legitimate question especially if people are being made redundant as the OP has said!

December31

Post by December31 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:11 am

So, the way immigrants are treated depends on the financial climate and the economy. When it is good, you are treated fine, when it goes bad......they are treated meanly...