ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Abilities in English and/or French

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hellovancouver
Newly Registered

Abilities in English and/or French

Post by hellovancouver » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:45 pm

It says here - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/ ... nguage.asp - "We strongly recommend that you take a language test from an approved organization".

My first official language is English (high ability in speaking, listening, reading and writing), followed by my second official language French (basic in speaking, listening, reading and writing).

Do I really need to take tests, and also what written proof of my abilities can I provide?

Thanks in advance.

Richter

Post by Richter » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:15 pm

If you were born and raised in an English-speaking country and English is your first language you do not need to take any tests. However, it is a good idea to include a letter stating this. If French is not your first language you need to take the TEF.

nasirpk

Post by nasirpk » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:42 pm

If u r born in UK, Ireland , Canada , Australia, Newzealand or USA u dont need an IELTS result . similiarly if ur first language is french u dont need french language test.

best way is to go for IELTS and TEF .