ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Funds documents.

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shy_sandeep
Newly Registered

Maintenance Funds documents.

Post by shy_sandeep » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:12 am

Hi Guys,

I applied for visa on 25th Aug and I'm worried about maintenance funds documents.

I have submitted Bank Of India passbooks. But problem is this.
The account was initially on my fathers name, then my name was added as a joint account holder. So the passbook has my fathers name printed and my name 'handwritten' with stamp and sign. Bank says its official, but consultant says it would not work. Plus I'm showing a FD Certificate, which has the same case, my name is handwritten with stamp and sign.

So I got a letter from bank manager on letter head which shows that I'm joint account holder and the closing balance of the account and value of FD. It states that above balances can be withdrawn in bank working time. (nothing specific for FD that its immediately withdrawable)

So I've submitted the original passbook & FD and this letter from bank. (on letter head signed n sealed)

Do you think it would work? Or are there possiblilites of complications?

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Re: Maintenance Funds documents.

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:24 am

shy_sandeep wrote:Hi Guys,

I applied for visa on 25th Aug and I'm worried about maintenance funds documents.

The account was initially on my fathers name, then my name was added as a joint account holder.

So the passbook has my fathers name printed and my name 'handwritten' with stamp and sign. Bank says its official, but consultant says it would not work. Plus I'm showing a FD Certificate, which has the same case, my name is handwritten with stamp and sign.

So I got a letter from bank manager on letter head which shows that I'm joint account holder and the closing balance of the account and value of FD. It states that above balances can be withdrawn in bank working time. (nothing specific for FD that its immediately withdrawal)

So I've submitted the original passbook & FD and this letter from bank. (on letter head signed n sealed)

Well according to tire4 guideline they have clear said maintenance requirements and what evidance you need to provide.

If you don't provide documents according to requirement you would risk a refusal.In this case looking me a huge risk on maintenance.

UK_Banned_Member

shy_sandeep
Newly Registered

Post by shy_sandeep » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:33 pm

Where have they written that name on passbook must be typed??
immigrationuk2009 wrote:

The account was initially on my fathers name, then my name was added as a joint account holder.

So the passbook has my fathers name printed and my name 'handwritten' with stamp and sign. Bank says its official, but consultant says it would not work. Plus I'm showing a FD Certificate, which has the same case, my name is handwritten with stamp and sign.

So I got a letter from bank manager on letter head which shows that I'm joint account holder and the closing balance of the account and value of FD. It states that above balances can be withdrawn in bank working time. (nothing specific for FD that its immediately withdrawal)

Well according to tire4 guideline they have clear said maintenance requirements and what evidance you need to provide.

If you don't provide documents according to requirement you would risk a refusal.In this case looking me a huge risk on maintenance.

UK_Banned_Member

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:58 am

shy_sandeep wrote:Where have they written that name on passbook must be typed??
immigrationuk2009 wrote:

UK_Banned_Member
Hi

Goog question.Read paragraph 138 on page 34 of Tier4 Guideline.It is clearly saying pass book shoud show name account no ect.

Here is link for Tier 4 Guideline.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... f UK_Banned_Member

shy_sandeep
Newly Registered

Post by shy_sandeep » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:22 pm

I've gone through this document many times. And I know name is required on the passbook. Let me rephrase my query.
Would a passbook work if the name is added to it by hand/manually?
immigrationuk2009 wrote:
immigrationuk2009 wrote:

UK_Banned_Member
Hi

Goog question.Read paragraph 138 on page 34 of Tier4 Guideline.It is clearly saying pass book shoud show name account no ect.

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:41 pm

shy_sandeep wrote:I've gone through this document many times. And I know name is required on the passbook. Let me rephrase my query.
Would a passbook work if the name is added to it by hand/manually?
immigrationuk2009 wrote:
immigrationuk2009 wrote:

UK_Banned_Member
Hi

Hi

You should also add a letter from bank with yours name account no,address everything to avoid confusion and this should work.

UK_Banned_Member

supermannum1
Newly Registered

I hope they would refuse... please see my post

Post by supermannum1 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:06 pm

Hi,

I submitted my application on 04/06/09 and I provided my bank statement amount of £2400 with my sis's account amount of £13000.

I provided my father sponsor letter and UKBA refused to provide 10 points for maintenance funds.

Now I have to appeal.... I need advice too.

please read my post

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=43903

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Re: I hope they would refuse... please see my post

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:42 pm

supermannum1 wrote:Hi,

I submitted my application on 04/06/09 and I provided my bank statement amount of £2400 with my sis's account amount of £13000.

I provided my father sponsor letter and UKBA refused to provide 10 points for maintenance funds.

Now I have to appeal.... I need advice too.

please read my post

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=43903
Hi

Who told you sister statements is accepted for maintenance.Even parents sponsorship is allowed for application after 26 Aug 2009.

You should read Tier4 Guideline carefully.

UK_Banned_Member