ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stop and Serach in UK.....!!!!!!!!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

coolsats
BANNED

Stop and Serach in UK.....!!!!!!!!!!

Post by coolsats » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:12 pm

Hi Friends,

I arrived in UK a month back. The other day i was on high street taking some pictures, when suddenly two police officers approached and started asking as to why i was taking pictures. I said its cos of the scenic beauty and i love photography.
They asked what i do and where i live, simple quetions. I answered them all, and they said its just a routine check, to keep crime rate lower.
They just took my details on a form, and gave me a copy of that and left.
The form has my UK address, name and DOB.

Is that something i need to be worried about guys. For future extension and my travel history Will it affect anything.

meats
BANNED

Re: Stop and Serach in UK.....!!!!!!!!!!

Post by meats » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:33 pm

coolsats wrote:Hi Friends,

I arrived in UK a month back. The other day i was on high street taking some pictures, when suddenly two police officers approached and started asking as to why i was taking pictures. I said its cos of the scenic beauty and i love photography.
They asked what i do and where i live, simple quetions. I answered them all, and they said its just a routine check, to keep crime rate lower.

Is that something i need to be worried about guys. For future extension and my travel history Will it affect anything.
No.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:05 am

No. This is routine check. If you are in London, this happens a lot in London.

coolsats
BANNED

Post by coolsats » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:11 am

Thank you guys, am releived now.

between, the details they have taken, will it be fed into their computer systems, or it will be just on that form only, any idea on this..

theroyale

Post by theroyale » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:58 am

between, the details they have taken, will it be fed into their computer systems, or it will be just on that form only, any idea on this.
Probably goes on the computer. Everything goes on the computer.

Which part of London was this in, by the way?

jazz81
Newly Registered

Post by jazz81 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:05 pm

coolsats wrote:Thank you guys, am releived now.

between, the details they have taken, will it be fed into their computer systems, or it will be just on that form only, any idea on this..

Will go into computer but that wont affect u .....so chill..

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:39 pm

The same thing happened with me 6 months back in Canning Town station. It probably goes into some database, but I dont think there is any reason to worry.

Cheers
Vikram

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:39 pm

Goes into computer.. but shd be ok..

you know they also want something for their monhtly/quarterly reports right???

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:50 pm

coolsats wrote:Thank you guys, am releived now.

Is normal, a lot of tourists who are happily snapping pics of buildings etc get stopped and asked. Specially in the City and Canary Wharf area :)
Regards,
crowbar6

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:46 pm

My question is why do you want to take pictures alone?

You can use www.google.com search name of place where you want to take pictures, click on images in the upper bar and there you are, a lot of images. If you want to be the part of that picture, you can use Microsoft paint. Advanced users can use photoshop.

Guys please chill down, see what is happening in the world and you are set out alone to take pictures. If you are a couple or with your friends taking pictures, chances are very low that someone will ask you.

My point is, try to avoid becoming the part of computer memory by this way. Imagine if unluckily something happen there, shortly after you were taking pictures!

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:10 am

mvent00 wrote:My question is why do you want to take pictures alone?

You can use www.google.com search name of place where you want to take pictures, click on images in the upper bar and there you are, a lot of images. If you want to be the part of that picture, you can use Microsoft paint.
marvellous idea. I just travelled to Prague and Thailand in 20 mins!!
People don't take pictures just to be a part of it. At times you want to capture a beautiful monument/ landscape. Perils of being questioned by police alway remain, more so in these troubled times. :wink:

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:55 am

mvent00 wrote:My question is why do you want to take pictures alone?

You can use www.google.com search name of place where you want to take pictures, click on images in the upper bar and there you are, a lot of images. If you want to be the part of that picture, you can use Microsoft paint. Advanced users can use photoshop.

Guys please chill down, see what is happening in the world and you are set out alone to take pictures. If you are a couple or with your friends taking pictures, chances are very low that someone will ask you.

My point is, try to avoid becoming the part of computer memory by this way. Imagine if unluckily something happen there, shortly after you were taking pictures!

Spending too much time in front of a computer, eh? :)
Regards,
crowbar6