ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ban for illegal immigrants re-entering

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:36 pm

jaanabee wrote:my partner left voluntarily december 08,and for the past 8 months we have been trying to marry in his home country.
Being apart for longer than six months may also be a problem for unmarried partners.
SET5.12 Assessing whether the relationship has subsisted for two years wrote:Periods apart for up to six months would be acceptable for good reasons, such as work commitments, or looking after a relative as long as:...
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jaanabee

Post by jaanabee » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:37 pm

vinny wrote:
jaanabee wrote:my partner left voluntarily december 08,and for the past 8 months we have been trying to marry in his home country.
Being apart for longer than six months may also be a problem for unmarried partners.
SET5.12 Assessing whether the relationship has subsisted for two years wrote:Periods apart for up to six months would be acceptable for good reasons, such as work commitments, or looking after a relative as long as:...
thanks vinny...we left 2gther in december 08...i stayed for 4months,in the effort 2 marry...then left and came back a further 2 times :)

jaanabee

Post by jaanabee » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:43 pm

ginoT wrote:I'm hoping your child's birth certificate has your name as seen in your passport on it. If so I think proof of partner is a given

Go over the application like there's no tomorrow, know the rules inside out, read the diplomatic service procedures for the application in question. If so you should be fine

fingers crossed!
thanks GinoT... yep,birth certif has both our names on it!

lol i intend 2,iv been going over the application like a mad woman..i cant afford 4 dis 2 go wrong :(

sop
Newly Registered

Post by sop » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:55 pm

hi janabee,

pls guide me dear, gues i have teh same case..my husnband is in england n m in india , i applied for PSW but was refused on the grounds of deception , with right to appeal..i came back in feb09 on my own expense and taht too before teh period of 28 days, my only question is:

Do i have to wait to apply for student depandant visa??..or can i apply in Nov09??

Pls leme know if u hav any idea!!

thanks!!!

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:30 pm

SOP- don't think you and the OP have the same case as the OP is a british citizen which means her spouse would be exempt from the ban technically! Whereas your spouse is on a student visa....and many posters have already told you they think more than likely you will be banned for the next ten years....I suppose you can try but I think frm what I have read and seen with other cases you will be refused! So it may just be a waste of money! Don't think you are going to get the answer you want to hear....as many of the senior members think you will be banned!