ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MBA degree - ok to claim points for Masters instead?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nona

MBA degree - ok to claim points for Masters instead?

Post by Nona » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:38 pm

(a) I have an MBA - Masters in Business Administration (3 year course). This does not qualify under the MBA category. Instead, can I claim points under Masters since the university awarding the MBA certifies this to be a "Degree of Master of Business Administration'? (University is recognised is points calculator)

(b) Secondly, the points based calculator does not give "Business Administration" as an option in the "Course Subject" drop-down - the closest match is "Business/Economics/Management/Accounting/Finance". In that case should I get a certificate from UK NARIC?

Nona

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: MBA degree - ok to claim points for Masters instead?

Post by ChetanOjha » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:42 pm

Nona wrote:(a) I have an MBA - Masters in Business Administration (3 year course). This does not qualify under the MBA category. Instead, can I claim points under Masters since the university awarding the MBA certifies this to be a "Degree of Master of Business Administration'? (University is recognised is points calculator). What do you mean by does not qualify under MBA? Does your Degree doesn't say MBA? If it does and if it is reflected in PBS calculator, you are good to go.

(b) Secondly, the points based calculator does not give "Business Administration" as an option in the "Course Subject" drop-down - the closest match is "Business/Economics/Management/Accounting/Finance". In that case should I get a certificate from UK NARIC? Yes. That's fine.

Nona

email257525
BANNED

hi

Post by email257525 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:55 pm

@cheta

Do u mean he needs to get a letter from narik regarding the subject.

It does nt come up as business administrations but just business. Its nt much clear. . .

Nona

Re: MBA degree - ok to claim points for Masters instead?

Post by Nona » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:10 pm

chetanojha wrote:
Nona wrote:(a) I have an MBA - Masters in Business Administration (3 year course). This does not qualify under the MBA category. Instead, can I claim points under Masters since the university awarding the MBA certifies this to be a "Degree of Master of Business Administration'? (University is recognised is points calculator). What do you mean by does not qualify under MBA? Does your Degree doesn't say MBA? If it does and if it is reflected in PBS calculator, you are good to go.
As per, Annex D of the Tier 1 (General) Guidance - my MBA is not from the listed universities. Hence, I can't claim 75 points. But my University which is recognised by UK NARIC is awarding a "Master" Degree - (a) So can I claim 35 points?[/color]

(b) Secondly, the points based calculator does not give "Business Administration" as an option in the "Course Subject" drop-down - the closest match is "Business/Economics/Management/Accounting/Finance". In that case should I get a certificate from UK NARIC? Yes. That's fine.
So (b) Is the original certificate of award sufficient as evidence or should I attach letter of comparibility from NARIC?[/color]
Nona

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:37 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Nona

Post by Nona » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:49 pm

Vinny,

I don't qualify under MBA provision transitional arrangements either.

Its just Masters.