ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW-Transitional Arrangements VISA Refused due to low funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

boppuri_p
Newly Registered

PSW-Transitional Arrangements VISA Refused due to low funds

Post by boppuri_p » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:28 pm

Dear Reader,

Recently i have been refused for PSW-transitional arrangements visa for not providing enough funds(800) for period of four days. I don't have funds in any other UK accounts to show availability of £800 to cover for those four day period.

But i do have a joint Fixed Deposit of 3700 pounds(in rupees) with my DAD in India from January 28th until present. After advice/reading forums from other victims of these refusals i have been advised to appeal under the grounds of my FD in india.

Now i am sure FD is a type of savings account where one fixes their savings for certain period of time and can withdraw cash anytime. My question is what are my chances to win the appeal, which i will appeal next week as my deadline to appeal is 11th September?

I cannot find any norm or rule in the guidelines of Home Office that FD is not acceptable. The forums i have read is that FD are acceptable provided with a letter from the Bank(Cash can be withdrawn anytime)

Can i please get some professional Advice?

Regards,

Pravin

ash786
BANNED

Re: PSW-Transitional Arrangements VISA Refused due to low fu

Post by ash786 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:42 pm

boppuri_p wrote:Dear Reader,

Recently i have been refused for PSW-transitional arrangements visa for not providing enough funds(800) for period of four days. I don't have funds in any other UK accounts to show availability of £800 to cover for those four day period.

But i do have a joint Fixed Deposit of 3700 pounds(in rupees) with my DAD in India from January 28th until present. After advice/reading forums from other victims of these refusals i have been advised to appeal under the grounds of my FD in india.

Now i am sure FD is a type of savings account where one fixes their savings for certain period of time and can withdraw cash anytime. My question is what are my chances to win the appeal, which i will appeal next week as my deadline to appeal is 11th September?

I cannot find any norm or rule in the guidelines of Home Office that FD is not acceptable. The forums i have read is that FD are acceptable provided with a letter from the Bank(Cash can be withdrawn anytime)

Can i please get some professional Advice?

Regards,

Pravin
1. As long as the account is under u name (joint account) and the money can be withdrawn any time then u can use it.
2. If its a fixed deposit account and u can not withdraw the money for a certain period then its not acceptable as its not available for instant withdrawl.
3. A letter from the bank verifying this point wud be a plus point.

mehreen23
Newly Registered

outcome?

Post by mehreen23 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:36 am

I have had a similar problem, where my PSW visa has been rejected due to low funding. my student visa expires on the 31st october. I have not been given the chance to appeal either. Can i use a letter from back home which is from the bank confirming I have enough funds in a joint account with my parents????

PLS CAN SOMEONE ADVISE ON THIS...............

Thanx...

Harison
BANNED

Post by Harison » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:47 am

boppuri_p...

can you please updated what happen to your case because I am also planning to apply with fixed deposits (FD)?

Thanks

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:52 pm

harison, it wont probably help you either way as the case 2-odd years old and UKBA advice is clear... cash funds only!

but i guess no harm in aking

Harison
BANNED

Post by Harison » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:56 pm

ya arsenal49 you are right but I thought atleast i might get idea.

Any ways thanks for it