ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can i travel to ireland wiv uk remain to leave ,advise plz?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

20ireland08
Newly Registered

can i travel to ireland wiv uk remain to leave ,advise plz?

Post by 20ireland08 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:12 pm

hi ya,i am british citizen and my mun got uk remain to leave,we goin to ireland (dublin) togethere for 4 days holiday,does my mum need to apply for entry visa to ireland???please advise me thanx

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: can i travel to ireland wiv uk remain to leave ,advise p

Post by Wanderer » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:59 pm

20ireland08 wrote:hi ya,i am british citizen and my mun got uk remain to leave,we goin to ireland (dublin) togethere for 4 days holiday,does my mum need to apply for entry visa to ireland???please advise me thanx
Yup
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:06 pm

Also see Frequently Asked Question from the DOJ website.

Remember that the visa should be issued free of charge, and as part of an accelerated procedure, if your mother is living in the same household as you or dependent on you.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:13 pm

Obie wrote:Also see Frequently Asked Question from the DOJ website.

Remember that the visa should be issued free of charge, and as part of an accelerated procedure, if your mother is living in the same household as you or dependent on you.
U sure Obie, Ireland isn't Schengen, the OP will need an Irish Visit visa, unless I've got things totally wrong!

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:28 pm

I didn't dispute anything you said Mr Wanderer, i wouldn't dream of doing such a thing. I just added to it.

Yes Ireland is not part of Schengen , but an Irish Visa for family members of EEA national should be issued using the procedures or rules stipulated on directive 2004/38EC, which incidentally the Schengen States have to abide by as well. I added the extra bit because the OP is British, which means his non-EEA family member will benefit under community rules

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:41 pm

Obie wrote:I didn't dispute anything you said Mr Wanderer, i wouldn't dream of doing such a thing. I just added to it.

Yes Ireland is not part of Schengen , but an Irish Visa for family members of EEA national should be issued using the procedures or rules stipulated on directive 2004/38EC, which incidentally the Schengen States have to abide by as well. I added the extra bit because the OP is British, which means his non-EEA family member will benefit under community rules
That's interesting Obie, I didn't realise....

Is this the same in reverse, ie someone living in say Germany with a non-EU spouse can get a UK or Irish visit visa with no fuss? I must say my experience is it isn't so easy, despite the directive, whenever we've dealt with EU diktat it's always been a nightmare.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:56 pm

In the case of parents, evidence of dependency or membership of the same household will be required. Such family members are entitled to travel with or accompanying their EEA relation to any member state without hindrance.

The EEA family permit regulations makes provisions for these family members.

Even though Ireland and UK tries to make additional requirements, they nevertheless acknowledge their rights.

UK EEA Regulation 2006 wrote:
Family member
7.—(1) Subject to paragraph (2), for the purposes of these Regulations the following persons
shall be treated as the family members of another person—
(a) his spouse or his civil partner;
(b) direct descendants of his, his spouse or his civil partner who are—
(i) under 21; or
(ii) dependants of his, his spouse or his civil partner;
(c) dependent direct relatives in his ascending line or that of his spouse or his civil partner;
(d) a person who is to be treated as the family member of that other person under paragraph
(3).
The answer to your question is therefore yes.

nubianhoney333
Newly Registered

Post by nubianhoney333 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:35 am

Hey Everyone,

I a British citizen, living in Belfast, married to a national of the Middle East, we are planning to visit Cyprus for a short-stay holiday, and to get to Cyprus we would like to use Dublin Airport, instead of flying to London etc.,

I was wondering if my husband who holds an identity card for foreign national issued in the UK, whether he is exempt from applying for an Irish visa? (just to go to Dublin Airport)

I also have a Cypriot nationaliy.

Does being married to an Eu citizen and holder of ID CARD FOR FOREIGN NATIONALS issued from UK, allow him to enter the Republic of Ireland?

I am sorry if this issue has been discussed somewhere else and I am raising it again, it's just i don't have much time on my hands.

Please only reply if you are sure.... Thanks