ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

drhopeful

Visitor visa

Post by drhopeful » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:40 pm

Dear all,
This is regarding my friend's situation. Kindly advise what she can do about it. Her mail is as follows:

"This is regarding my mother's visitors visa for period of 2 years which was refused. I hold ILR status and my husband is a British citizen.

My mother who is a widow, visited UK for 5 months. She returned back to India on 03/10/2009, we applied for 2 year multiple entry visa on 14/08/09 stating it would be difficult to apply visa every time she visits us. However her visa has been refused for following reasons,

1. failure to provide any credible explanation as to why she needs to return UK so soon after returning.

2. My husband who is a British citizen, while writng a sponsor letter erroeneously wrote 'I would like my mother in law to visit UK and spend 24 months with my family ' According to entry clearance officer this statement damages the creditbility of application and leaves a doubt about the intentions.

with the above statements the ECO states he is not satisfied that my mother is not a genuine visitor for limited period ( 6 months ), or that you will leave the UK at the end of any period of leave granted to you.

We have been sent a appeal letter within 28 days.

I would appreciate guidance as to whether I should appeal or reapply for the visa and anyone suggest a reputed solicitor for furthur guidance for appeal.

Regards,

Shabana Syed.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: Visitor visa

Post by Rozen » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:10 pm

drhopeful wrote: My mother who is a widow, visited UK for 5 months. She returned back to India on 03/10/2009
When did she really return to India? We're not even in October yet!

deepakmehtauk

Post by deepakmehtauk » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:33 pm

Maybe the OP has written the date in American style (10th March rather than 3rd Oct). I must confess I absolutely hate the American system of writing the month/date/year. Its wierd.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:24 am

Please continue in Refusal of mothers visa's thread.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.