ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR on HSMP? Can I apply for my wife as well?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

coolwater267

ILR on HSMP? Can I apply for my wife as well?

Post by coolwater267 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:25 pm

I applied for HSMP in Jan 2006 and was granted 1 year visa. When I applied for extension, I was granted 4 years becuase of changes in the rules. Since HSMP(JR) I can apply for ILR in Jan 2010. Now to the real topic. I got married in Oct 2007, my wife applied of th visa in Nov 2008 and arrived in UK on 10 April 2009. My question is when I apply for ILR for myself can I apply ILR for her as well?

If someone knows about the topic please can you kindly help me.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:00 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

coolwater267

Post by coolwater267 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:50 am

Thanks Vinny. Is there any documents from Home Office which says she can apply with me. If possible can you forward me the links.

Thanks

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:39 am

coolwater267 wrote:Thanks Vinny. Is there any documents from Home Office which says she can apply with me. If possible can you forward me the links.

Thanks
Did you click on the link provided by Vinny? If you click on Yes above you will see the HO document which says:
Dependants
29. The immigration status of dependants of migrants in the categories covered by this policy will follow that of the principal applicant.
PS: Vinny is the "links" moderator. Most of his posts provide link to relevant rules/ documents