ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW Visa Application on re-entry

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

grad86
Newly Registered

PSW Visa Application on re-entry

Post by grad86 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:46 pm

I'm currently on a student visa, finishing my degree in October. I have my visa valid until January 2010. I will get a confirmation from my uni in December or early January. Can I travel back home in the mean time and still come back on my student visa and then apply for PSW?

There are rumours that immigration officers do not allow re-entry at times.

Please advise.

ash786
BANNED

Re: PSW Visa Application on re-entry

Post by ash786 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:50 pm

grad86 wrote:I'm currently on a student visa, finishing my degree in October. I have my visa valid until January 2010. I will get a confirmation from my uni in December or early January. Can I travel back home in the mean time and still come back on my student visa and then apply for PSW?

There are rumours that immigration officers do not allow re-entry at times.

Please advise.
1. Yes thats correct as u have no reason to come bak to UK and u can be refused entry or might not but it has happended in the past.

2. My best advise is to get the PSW and then travel or leave UK after u results and apply form bak home.

grad86
Newly Registered

Post by grad86 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:53 pm

Yes, true. I should have a reason to return. I do have a job offer, contingent upon getting my PSW Visa. Does that suffice as a good enough reason?

vinata

Post by vinata » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:07 pm

I believe this information is incorrect. My last student visa was expiring in Mar 09, but i traved over Christmas and came back to the UK in Jan 09. I wasn't asked any questions by the immigration officer whatsoever.

So, if you have a valid letter from university which states you complete your course in Dec/Jan, you can show it at the boder and you would be allowed in. However, if you say you completed your course and don't do studies any more, then it could be possible you may not be allowed in. But it is still unlikely as you can enter the country legally until your visa expires without any problems.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:23 pm

vinata wrote:I believe this information is incorrect. My last student visa was expiring in Mar 09, but i traved over Christmas and came back to the UK in Jan 09. I wasn't asked any questions by the immigration officer whatsoever.

So, if you have a valid letter from university which states you complete your course in Dec/Jan, you can show it at the boder and you would be allowed in. However, if you say you completed your course and don't do studies any more, then it could be possible you may not be allowed in. But it is still unlikely as you can enter the country legally until your visa expires without any problems.
1. My information is 100% correct and u really need to look into this if u wna give an answer without knowing the facts.
2. Even if u had a visa but u got no reason to return then it cna be a problem or might not be.
3. Google this issue and u will find out how many people were stopeed cuz of that.
4. If he gets stopped then yes it can create a problem but if he doe snot get stopped then fine so 50:50
5. Inofrmation is correct but u do not know the full information so hav a good read on this issue before saying that information is incorrect.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:44 pm

vinata wrote:I believe this information is incorrect. My last student visa was expiring in Mar 09, but i traved over Christmas and came back to the UK in Jan 09. I wasn't asked any questions by the immigration officer whatsoever.

1. I am also worried about u advise as one of post u advised that IGS to PSW can apply from bak home and i clearly stated that they can not but i did not hear from you about that either.

sule
Newly Registered

Post by sule » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:31 am

Ash786 you seem to know tha ans to every situtation! You can certainly travel after your studies as long as you have valid leave to remain.. The HO normally gives additional leave after your intended finish date not to be a prisoner in the UK.. I have travelled having only 2 months leave remain and had no issues.. Get a letter from your uni and u will have no issues..

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:00 pm

sule wrote:Ash786 you seem to know tha ans to every situtation! You can certainly travel after your studies as long as you have valid leave to remain.. The HO normally gives additional leave after your intended finish date not to be a prisoner in the UK.. I have travelled having only 2 months leave remain and had no issues.. Get a letter from your uni and u will have no issues..
1. If u read my post properly then u will understand wat i said.
2. I said that its 50:50 u might get stopped and u might not.
3. Why wud university issue u a letter wen u have completed u course and no longer required to go to uni as u have finished u studies.
4. Yes if u r still a student and go to u home countrya nd wen u come bak u only have 2 months left then in this situation immigration knows taht u r continuing u studies and u will extend the visa but in case of PSW where u have finished u studies then it might create a problem(i did not say it will)
5. So read the post properly next time.

sule
Newly Registered

Post by sule » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:14 am

I had finished.. had two monthly left went home and came back with no issues.. DO NOT contribute towards what you dont know or experienced.. the additional time given after your studies it meant for travelling, integration, & making up your mind etc.. as long as you have nothing to hide on entry you will have no issues EVEN if you are stopped.. there is also something called graduation after your studies.. which is a valid reason to return!

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:07 am

sule wrote:I had finished.. had two monthly left went home and came back with no issues.. DO NOT contribute towards what you dont know or experienced.. the additional time given after your studies it meant for travelling, integration, & making up your mind etc.. as long as you have nothing to hide on entry you will have no issues EVEN if you are stopped.. there is also something called graduation after your studies.. which is a valid reason to return!
1. U do not seem to understand the situation.
2. U only get 4 months extra after u course is finished and graduation normally takes 2 to 3 months to took place in most universities after students finished u studies.

kiran_jammy
Newly Registered

@ash

Post by kiran_jammy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:03 pm

hey buddy...i think u are wrong abt this....my visa was due to expire on 31st of aug and i returned to uk from india on 8 of aug....there was no prob at all..i even confirmed that from my uni people that u can travel after ur completion of degree. u can stay or come to uk as long u have a valid visa. there is nothing like 50-50 ..even if they stop....u can give them reason for extension of visa and graduation ceremony or holiday...thats not a prob

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:47 pm

"ash786" is correct, take the advice and be prepared to answer questions at the entry point. Immigration officers can deny you entry at the slightest mistake or inconsistency. I have known students and even Canadian passport holders denied entry for not having a legitimate reason to entry the UK.
________
Weed vaporizers
Last edited by Jack_Hammer on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:23 pm

my first advise is not to travel, but if you have to dont tell immigration officer that u intend to work b/z u havent got psw yet ....

second advise is that be confident whatever questions immigration officer throws at you answer them conidently...you may say that you intend to do another course or you have to attend graduation ceremony

i just came back from pakistan and i m on my second year of psw immigration officer asked me 3 questions , how long i stayed there , what uni i went and what course i did

remember confidence is they key....no matter how long or less your visa is left if you dont satisfy the immigration officer they can deny you the entry.

bollywood star shah rukh khan was recently stopped for 2 hours at one of usa's airport for investigation so who are we.

good luck

ash786
BANNED

Re: @ash

Post by ash786 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:00 am

kiran_jammy wrote:hey buddy...i think u are wrong abt this....my visa was due to expire on 31st of aug and i returned to uk from india on 8 of aug....there was no prob at all..i even confirmed that from my uni people that u can travel after ur completion of degree. u can stay or come to uk as long u have a valid visa. there is nothing like 50-50 ..even if they stop....u can give them reason for extension of visa and graduation ceremony or holiday...thats not a prob
1. If immigration let u in then its u luck as my friend was stopped and he had to go bak home (he still had 3 weeks left) and the reason was that u do not have any valid reason to enter UK as u finished u studies.
2. I always said 50:50 as u might get stopped or might not.

farrukh37
Newly Registered

Re: @ash

Post by farrukh37 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:16 pm

ash786 wrote:
kiran_jammy wrote:hey buddy...i think u are wrong abt this....my visa was due to expire on 31st of aug and i returned to uk from india on 8 of aug....there was no prob at all..i even confirmed that from my uni people that u can travel after ur completion of degree. u can stay or come to uk as long u have a valid visa. there is nothing like 50-50 ..even if they stop....u can give them reason for extension of visa and graduation ceremony or holiday...thats not a prob
1. If immigration let u in then its u luck as my friend was stopped and he had to go bak home (he still had 3 weeks left) and the reason was that u do not have any valid reason to enter UK as u finished u studies.
2. I always said 50:50 as u might get stopped or might not.
My friend , you can travel any where in the world , and it is true you should have a reason to come back to london . Your reasons can be :

1) Attending Convocation ( get an invitation letter from your university)

best of luck