ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS VAF9 - Personal Details

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khokhar80

PBS VAF9 - Personal Details

Post by khokhar80 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:23 am

Hi Everyone,

I am new on this forum and i need help to fillup form PBS VAF9. My brother son is applying for UK Student Visa and have few question to fillup forms which are as follows:

1.2 Which Appendix did you complete? >>>> Number

1.3 How many points did you score for Attributes, English, and Maintenance?

Also the following from PBS Appendix - 8:

5.4 Have you been assessed by the sponsor by other means, for example references or a portfolio of artwork?

(Please do not submit this) Put a cross (X) in the relevant box.
No - Go to Question 5.5
Yes - Say how you have been assessed in the space below then Go to Question 5.5

Can you please describe this as I have send them my Certificates (Matric, FSC, B.Com)? Do they have assessed from these documents and i should mark 'Yes'?

I would be thankful if someone please send me PM and sample of form for filling this Appendix 8 form. Thanks for help.

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Re: PBS VAF9 - Personal Details

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:36 pm

khokhar80 wrote:Hi Everyone,

I am new on this forum and i need help to fillup form PBS VAF9. My brother son is applying for UK Student Visa and have few question to fillup forms which are as follows:

1.2 Which Appendix did you complete? >>>> Number

1.3 How many points did you score for Attributes, English, and Maintenance?

Also the following from PBS Appendix - 8:

5.4 Have you been assessed by the sponsor by other means, for example references or a portfolio of artwork?

(Please do not submit this) Put a cross (X) in the relevant box.
No - Go to Question 5.5
Yes - Say how you have been assessed in the space below then Go to Question 5.5

Can you please describe this as I have send them my Certificates (Matric, FSC, B.Com)? Do they have assessed from these documents and i should mark 'Yes'?

I would be thankful if someone please send me PM and sample of form for filling this Appendix 8 form. Thanks for help.

Hi

1.2 Which Appendix did you complete? >>>> Number 8 Name:Tier4(General) Student

1.3 How many points did you score for Attributes, English, and
Maintenance?

Maintenance:10 English:Not applicable(N/A)
English:N/A

NO

You should mark NO.

UK_Banned_Member

khokhar80

Post by khokhar80 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:54 pm

Thanks for reply. pl mention also which form is used for application. whether it is VAF9 or else.

Cheers

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:48 pm

khokhar80 wrote:Thanks for reply. pl mention also which form is used for application. whether it is VAF9 or else.

Cheers
Hi

You would complete

Application form VAF9 - PBS Migrant
PBS Migrant guidance notes
PBS Appendix 8 (General) Student (all mandatory sections completed)
PBS Appendix 9 (Child) Student (all mandatory sections completed)

See link for detail:http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... e. UK_Banned_Member

khokhar80

Post by khokhar80 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:01 am

Thanks. I like to ask also another important question that does he needs to give financial support evidence from his father on affidavit because the amount which is in student account is from his uncle who's wife is his mom's real sister and he has business. His father income is not too much. Does he needs to give Affidavit from his uncle and if his uncle get certificate from his bank that the money transferred for the purpose of UK study in the student account and also if he give Affidavit for relationship with his uncle because his uncle wife is real sister of student mom by providing mother's Nikaha Nama and uncle' wife Nikaha nama for relationship evidence.

Also please suggest whether his uncle sponsorship is valid and does he needs also his father's affidavit for financial support even it is less income.

Thanks for advice.

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:21 am

khokhar80 wrote:Thanks.

I like to ask also another important question that does he needs to give financial support evidence from his father on affidavit because the amount which is in student account is from his uncle who's wife is his mom's real sister and he has business.

His father income is not too much. Does he needs to give Affidavit from his uncle and if his uncle get certificate from his bank that the money transferred for the purpose of UK study in the student account and also if he give Affidavit for relationship with his uncle because his uncle wife is real sister of student mom by providing mother's Nikaha Nama and uncle' wife Nikaha nama for relationship evidence.

Also please suggest whether his uncle sponsorship is valid and does he needs also his father's affidavit for financial support even it is less income.

Thanks for advice.
Hi

First I would tell you that Sponsorship other then parents is not allowed.

No way.

Even they recently allowed parents sponsorship otherwise this was not allowed as well.

So you are outdated.Rules has changed after 30 March09

Best option would be to open a bank account on his name and keep money for 28 days in it.Then apply for visa.He can borrow money from his uncle.

His father can give sponsorship if he has required money.

Other option would be his father borrow money from his uncle and put his own account for 28 days and shows it.

UK_Banned_Member

khokhar80

Post by khokhar80 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:17 am

Thanks. So it means he is not allowed financial support from his uncle. He can only borrow money and put in his account that's enough and no need for sponsorship from his father or uncle.

My brother son has money in his account name as he opened account couple of months before and his bank statement is showing enough money for his course and maintenance funds which he got from his uncle.

In this case the question is that visa officer does not ask where he gets this money and he should give supporting evidence for his maintenance funds. His father job does not cover his support for UK Study but his real aunt's husband can provide evidence for his maintenance funds which he already borrowed from him.

Now, if he has money in his personal account for maintenance funds and fees already paid in UK for his course and one month accommodation then what about affidavit for sponsorship, he needs or not completely.

Last question who's are relative legally and can sponsor for UK study.

Please advice.

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:38 am

khokhar80 wrote:Thanks.

So it means he is not allowed financial support from his uncle. He can only borrow money and put in his account that's enough and no need for sponsorship from his father or uncle.

My brother son has money in his account name as he opened account couple of months before and his bank statement is showing enough money for his course and maintenance funds which he got from his uncle.

In this case the question is that visa officer does not ask where he gets this money and he should give supporting evidence for his maintenance funds.

His father job does not cover his support for UK Study but his real aunt's husband can provide evidence for his maintenance funds which he already borrowed from him.

Now, if he has money in his personal account for maintenance funds and fees already paid in UK for his course and one month accommodation then what about affidavit for sponsorship, he needs or not completely.

Last question who's are relative legally and can sponsor for UK study.

Please advice.

Hi

Yes no sponsorship from any relatives other then parents.It is clearly mention in TIER 4 Visa Guideline.

Yes if he puts money in his own account for 28 days then he don't need any sponsorship and so don't need any affidavit of sponsorship

Home Office normally don't ask for evidence and this is not in guideline to ask for evidence.

And to last question NO.

I am send link for Tier Guideline so read it carefully.

url]http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

UK_Banned_Member[/url]

khokhar80

Post by khokhar80 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:47 am

Hello ImmigrationUK2009,

I have another question regarding accommodation. My brother son has not booked his accommodation yet. His maintenance of funds statement is ok. I need your advice in respect of accommodation and bank statement;

1. Accommodation - If he made arrangements for temporary accommodation with his father friend's house and he shows the address in application, does it OK or he should book one month accommodation with his college temporarily and give address in the application. When he settled there he will made his own arrangements for accommodation and share with his college colleagues.

2. Bank Statement - He is applying on 8th September, 2009 and does he need "To whom it May Concern" letter from his bank Manager which shows his name, account #, amount in his account and wrote that he has his account with bank and now he will use for his UK study. Also he needs bank statement and it also shows the same information and it should be stamped of the bank on statement that he has so much balance in his account.

Please advice and appreciate your help. Your early response appreciated.

Raza

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:26 pm

1. Accommodation - If he made arrangements for temporary accommodation with his father friend's house and he shows the address in application, does it OK or he should book one month accommodation with his college temporarily and give address in the application. When he settled there he will made his own arrangements for accommodation and share with his college colleagues.
I always advise temporary accommodation would solve lots of problem.

Otherwise you have to give proofs of private accommodation and would create undue complications.So accommodation with college is simple and best.You can live anywhere,not forced to live in hostel.
2. Bank Statement - He is applying on 8th September, 2009 and does he need "To whom it May Concern" letter from his bank Manager which shows his name, account #, amount in his account and wrote that he has his account with bank and now he will use for his UK study. Also he needs bank statement and it also shows the same information and it should be stamped of the bank on statement that he has so much balance in his account.
You can give both.Even just 28 days bank statement would be OK.

Yes it should be stamped and would have required balance.

UK_Banned_Member