ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW to spouse visa, is it allowed

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Raoul
Newly Registered

PSW to spouse visa, is it allowed

Post by Raoul » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:00 pm

my partner is english, we have been together for 7 months now, planning to get civil marriage next year once she is 18. i am on PSW visa, a practicing professional. was wondering whether i need my sponsor to apply under tier 2 or am i eligible for a spouse visa. both of us in the UK now and living together.

can someone shed some lights please or direct me to any relevant websites? all what i can find on UKBA is related to people who want to bring a husband or wife from abroad. does the 21 years old age limit applies to my british partner?

regards

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:06 pm

does the 21 years old age limit applies to my british partner?
Yes it does.

There may be options if you get married and she is happy to move with you to an EU county for a bit and work for example.

Raoul
Newly Registered

Post by Raoul » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:17 pm

PaperPusher wrote:
does the 21 years old age limit applies to my british partner?
Yes it does.

There may be options if you get married and she is happy to move with you to an EU county for a bit and work for example.
so basicly get my employer to apply for my tier 2 as i wont qualify for spouse visa until my partner is 21?
does not make sense! my partner is english, born and bred! i am not applying for her to come as a dependent on my visa, i am in the uk and have a valid visa.

thanks, will make sure employer sort me out, if others confirm what you just said.
cheers

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:52 am

Currently, after marriage, you cannot switch until you are both at least 21 or over.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Raoul
Newly Registered

Post by Raoul » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:22 am

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... artner-age

does the new requirement (lower age for PBS) applies to me? or is it only for people on PBS who want to bring a wife from abroad?
regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:50 am

Unfortunately, it's only applicable for non British/settled spouses of PBS holders. However, there is a JR soon.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.