ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What to do about a lost application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dubguy
Newly Registered

What to do about a lost application

Post by dubguy » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:46 pm

Hi,
I am looking for advice. In the first week of December 2008, I sent by registered post a complete application package for naturalisation to the Justice Department / Immigration.

However, I was not smart enough to follow up right away. In June 2009, it dawned on me that I had not received an acknowledgement that they received my application, so I rang them to find out the status. They said they never received it, and they suggested I trace it via An Post. They also told me I had sent it to the wrong address - I sent it to their address at Burgh Quay, but they said I was meant to send it to their Tipperary office. However, the instructions I have with my application clearly say to send it to Burgh Quay. It is highly possible that my application was lost in the decentralisation shuffle.

Although I sent the application package registered post, it was so long after the posting date that I could not trace it online. I had to send a special request to An Post to trace it. They just recently confirmed that it was delivered on 8 December 2008, and I have asked them to send me written notice of this delivery. Unfortunately, they no longer have the signature on file.

Needless to say, I am crushed to think I may have to re-package and resubmit my application, and lose the time in the queue. Do you have any advice or know someone who can help me? Is it possible someone knows where to find my original application at Burgh Quay? Failing that, should I resubmit the same application with the An Post notice of delivery as well as the instruction sheet that told me to send the application to Burgh Quay?

My main concerns are: 1) can I use my existing application package and avoid having to re-package my paperwork, and 2) can I be processed as if my application were received when it was delivered?

I will, of course, appreciate any help you can offer.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:20 am

Hi,
sorry to hear about your problem. did you manage to get your special reference number from the An Post? You could try to send a letter to citizenship section in Tipp with all the information including your tracking number from an post, letter from an post that your letter was delivered, including the date of delivery. It will then be up to the section to decide whether your application could be backdated to 2008. However, since that time some changes were introduced in the application form and the documents to be submitted. If the section has no application from you, you would have to submit all the documents needed anyway.

D1mitry

Post by D1mitry » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:27 pm

oireland...so typical. good luck mate, level of service is bad, pursuing your rights is seen as arrogance in need of punishing and stamping out. those who though otherwise left to pursue british, australian or american versions of english....

hope you have this sorted before leaving this s****hole for good. good luck!

mazar

shame and sad syestem

Post by mazar » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:13 pm

4 sure ur application when arrived handed to some one very dearly beloved he throw it a way somewhere,,but its sad story,good luck :cry:

H2O
Newly Registered

Re: What to do about a lost application

Post by H2O » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:58 pm