ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TURKISH NATIONAL - IRISH VISA - UK TRAVEL

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CAROLINE22
Newly Registered

TURKISH NATIONAL - IRISH VISA - UK TRAVEL

Post by CAROLINE22 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:32 am

I am planning to get married to my turkish boyfriend and need some advice.
I live in CORK and I am an irish national with irish passport.

I plan to marry my turkish boyfriend. Once he has got his visa approved can he travel freely about the UK.

Will his visa allow him to travel to England or is it resticted to Ireland.

If we get married in Turkey does anybody know how long his visa will take. Will he have to wait for his visa or can he come back to Ireland with me as soon as we get married.

If I apply for a fiancee visa so he can come over to Ireland so that we can get married in Ireland. Does anybody know how long it will take for the fiancee visa to be approved.

Many thanks

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: TURKISH NATIONAL - IRISH VISA - UK TRAVEL

Post by Ben » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:11 pm

CAROLINE22 wrote:Once he has got his visa approved can he travel freely about the UK.

Will his visa allow him to travel to England or is it resticted to Ireland.
Turkish nationals require a United Kingdom visa in order to enter the United Kingdom.

(Legally).
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:51 pm

hey, i hope you and him are in a long term relationship as well!! well, to go to the UK you need to apply for a visa for him. Once you have got a stamp 4 eu fam card you need to apply what it is called a Family permit at the Embassy in the UK in person and it is free of charge and issued for 6 months.

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:26 am

Once you marry you will have to apply for a D Spouse visa from the Irish embassy in Turkey

A Long Stay (D) may be given for the purpose of Employment, Study, or Joining Spouse/Partner/Parent, and certain other categories.

Have a look at this read this

also this

CAROLINE22
Newly Registered

visa restrictions...turkish boyfriend

Post by CAROLINE22 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:58 pm

Thank you very much for all your replies, its been very helpful.

And yes, to the lady that asked about my relationship, I have know him for 6 months.
He loves me very,very much and I feel the same. I have some reservations but we will see how it goes...we can always get divorced if it does not work out.

IrishTom
BANNED

Re: visa restrictions...turkish boyfriend

Post by IrishTom » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:47 pm

CAROLINE22 wrote:He loves me very,very much and I feel the same. I have some reservations but we will see how it goes...we can always get divorced if it does not work out.
You are marrying somebody you have reservations about? :shock: